Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 18

Kaijin

Yesss my song got picked :mrgreen: . I know its hard guys I cant play it at all yet either but it is a GREAT song to practice your alternate picking. I'll upload my score today

This is the link to the MC song in this forum: http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/wolf-raven-r12

There was this girl who lived not too long ago, as a matter of fact I think she lives still

JayEm's Workshop

I realize I just started playing bass in January but you guys are good... I feel exhausted trying to play Money and the best I can do is 84.68%... Maybe I'm having a bad day but I feel like I'll never be a real musician...

Hi Grixxly.

Don't feel like that. When I started playing in the CS many weeks ago, I had a difficulties in getting scores above 80% in any Intermediate song.

Now, I can play any Intermediate and get 80% usually at the 1st run and after that the tendency is for the score to get higher, the more I play the song.

I've been playing guitar since June 2012, you just started, I would say that your bass score, for 2 months of practice, it's already a very good score.

Tip: Try to play the bass arrangement of the masterclass song

Regards and don't give up :)

I realize I just started playing bass in January but you guys are good... I feel exhausted trying to play Money and the best I can do is 84.68%... Maybe I'm having a bad day but I feel like I'll never be a real musician...

Dude if you began playing on January that means youve barely played for about 2 months. That is nothing man, really, nothing. Playing gets easier as you progress, trust me in about 3 more months youll be 4 times as good as you are now. It is the first months that are a pain in the ass, after the "learning curve" youll be enjoying playing music, dont give up!

There was this girl who lived not too long ago, as a matter of fact I think she lives still

JayEm's Workshop

@Kaijin took your advice and tried the masterclass... I'm going to suggest it was a swing and a miss... 61.1% first time through... In my defense... I don't like grunge or whatever it's called. I'm old... I like 60-70's music... it's why I tried Money... I actually saw Pink Floyd in concert instead of just a laser show...

Welcome to the Championship xDensity!

I'm sorry but your score is not valid. I you make a screenshot in Learn a Song you have to make it just after you played the song where it shows your accuray and streak of this attempt.

BTW: 85% on first attempt is a very good one for this song.

If somebody would... please delete my posts.. I should have never entered this thread. Sorry.

Relax, the important thing here is to learn and help each others to improve.

Sometimes there are harder songs. Check the songs from previous weeks.

In about 3/4 months you will be doing fine in lots of songs fif you keep playing.

Let´s Rock

I think ill stay at 93,08% on molly chamber. I'm not even close to being good enough to handle that solo.  But im happy with the result.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/MollysChamber9308_zps4928659b.jpg

Tried Money just for fun too.  It was not easy at all. :)

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Money76_zps0ffced82.jpg

Grixxly,

Hi,

Like you a got a bass in January and when I play Money seem to get stuck at around 85%.

Now personally I take that score as a compliment. I'm not a Floyd fan but I do appreciate that they are an incredibly talented bunch of musicians. A couple of months ago I couldn't have imagined even attempting to play this. 

Having hit a wall with the track I am going to play other things and come back to it later. I know that with time my playing will improve and I will be able to play it better.

If you want to share the bits you find tricky (and I bet they are the same things as me) with a bit of luck a more experienced player will help out with fingering advice.

In the mean time I have my ego tracks (ones I have maxed or am in the high 90s with) for when I completely crash and burn on a new song. Sometimes it helps to show just how far I have come rather than how far I still have to go.

Best thing is not to treat playing as a competition but to simply enjoy it and see where it takes you.

Sent as PM as well as posted in case you don't visit this section of the forum.

P.S. The songs are chosen for the guitar parts and the difficulty level on bass can vary dramatically.

@Grixxly "Money" is charted wrongly with straigth eight notes while the music is swing eights. So not every time you see a "miss" are "late" is your fault. When you play what you hear then the error tolerance will be very low on this song since every second eight note will be very late for Rocksmith. You have to play the offbeat notes a bit before the beat.

Welcome to the Championship xDensity!I'm sorry but your score is not valid. I you make a screenshot in Learn a Song you have to make it just after you played the song where it shows your accuray and streak of this attempt.BTW: 85% on first attempt is a very good one for this song.

so should i do it again then?