How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

3 hours ago, HydraLich said:

I've had Rocksmith since 2021, bought it through steam. I don't have any DLCs if that's something that can help. And I've had it installed probably since I bought it.

Sounds like you're using the latest version of the D3DX9_42.dll, but are you also using the latest version of Rocksmith? No "beta" or "JustInCaseWeNeedIt"'s? That would be my first guess.

I'll own you one day. 💜

Custom Shop Solo II.png

4 hours ago, Phantatsy said:

Sounds like you're using the latest version of the D3DX9_42.dll, but are you also using the latest version of Rocksmith? No "beta" or "JustInCaseWeNeedIt"'s? That would be my first guess.

I believe so, it's been on auto update as long as I've had it and I haven't installed any extra stuff until trying to add this to the game. It has a handful of the free DLC that came with it when I bought it but it's the latest version and I've verified it multiple times.

1 hour ago, HydraLich said:

I believe so, it's been on auto update as long as I've had it and I haven't installed any extra stuff until trying to add this to the game. It has a handful of the free DLC that came with it when I bought it but it's the latest version and I've verified it multiple times.

Seemed offensive to ask but was a relevant question as have spent and wasted hours trying to "help" someone that turns out they were using a non legit version.

I can not take anything for granted anymore.

According to the the post from Nov 23rd, no dlc should be needed to get it working. As Mod Phantasy said, it points to the wrong version being used. It is a good start in my opinion that the game works without cdlc first, however I think you should first attempt to do a file verify, and as Phantasy said, make sure that you are using the current version of Rocksmith.

8 hours ago, HydraLich said:

Since it looks like the issue you're having is the game crashing on startup.  Do you have any bluetooth speakers set up, or a bluetooth headset, or an oculus or any other peripherals attached that don't need to be attached that you can unplug and try opening the game again.

There was an issue with multithreaded cpu's causing a crash on startup, but that is fixed through the new dll from the cdlcunlocker app.  

On 9/30/2023 at 9:13 AM, Duende said:

Por si les sirve de ayuda para los que tienen PS3   y con juego original RockSmith 2014, comprar una canción en la PlayStationStore para que cree la carpeta DLC dentro del juego. Luego copiar los DLC (en formato para PS3) dentro de la carpeta DLC del juego y funciona. 

En mi caso, PS3 Slim con HEN 4.90  y con  el juego original en disco físico y me lo  actualizó a REMASTERED al conectarlo , luego  compré una canción (no está disponible Cherub Rock... bueno prácticamente no quedan canciones disponibles)   ya que es como crea la carpeta DLC dentro del directorio USRDIR  del juego.

Luego con IRISMAN o con otro Gestor de Archivos para la PS3, se pueden pasar los DLC descargados  y convertidos a formato para PS3 . En mi caso con un USB con formato FAT32  ( ya se puede hacer con formato NFTS  pero "porsiaca"). Copiar de la carpeta del USB (o soporte donde tengan los DLC )  a la carpeta DLC de dentro del juego y funciona

Lo dicho... por si le sirve de ayuda a alguien ya que  después de mucho investigar por todos lados  hasta ir averiguando como lograrlo  esto es lo que  me ha funcionado finalmente  y como no tengo claro si se puede compartir los enlaces  de varios videos de YouTube que son los que me sirvieron de ayuda y por  eso no los he añadido.

Millones de gracias a tod@s los que hacen posible tener tan extenso catálogo de DCL  .

I had to run your post through a translator, but thank you!!! This was exactly what I was looking for. I got into Rocksmith only a month ago which is too late, and my old PS3 edition is all I have right now. 😞

I found a HEN install from MrMario2011 on Youtube that shows step by step on install. You would then install Multiman file explorer to copy over the files into the directory.

His post in English:
"In case it helps for those who have a PS3 and the original RockSmith 2014 game, buy a song in the PlayStationStore to create the DLC folder within the game. Then copy the DLC (in PS3 format) into the game's DLC folder and it works.In my case, PS3 Slim with HEN 4.90 and with the original game on a physical disk and it updated it to REMASTERED when I connected it, then I bought a song (Cherub Rock is not available... well there are practically no songs available) since it is like creates the DLC folder inside the game's USRDIR directory.Then with IRISMAN or another File Manager for the PS3, the downloaded DLC can be transferred and converted to PS3 format. In my case with a USB with FAT32 format (it can already be done with NFTS format but "porsiaca"). Copy from the USB folder (or support where they have the DLC) to the DLC folder inside the game and it works

What I said... in case it helps someone since after a lot of research everywhere until I found out how to achieve it, this is what has finally worked for me and since I'm not sure if you can share the links to several videos of YouTube is what helped me and that's why I haven't added it.
Millions of thanks to everyone who makes it possible to have such an extensive DCL catalog."

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2023 at 5:37 AM, Nick Beat said:

@ TheBros47874 I tested it for myself just to be sure, and have pinged administrators about it on our Discord channel under #support.

The short term fix would be to ping someone who has the latest one (see higher up on this discussion for someone who has got it). I can offer you an older DLL which will work if you don't have one of those super CPU issues and so long as you either have Cherub Rock or are willing to use a utility to change app IDs of CDLCs to that of an ODLC you own.

Here's a link to my PC DLL on my NAS: https://os5.mycloud.com/action/share/34f052e2-76b3-4007-9a9c-cebd19627128

Thank you so much dude!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2024 at 2:24 PM, Hikikomori said:

Since it looks like the issue you're having is the game crashing on startup.  Do you have any bluetooth speakers set up, or a bluetooth headset, or an oculus or any other peripherals attached that don't need to be attached that you can unplug and try opening the game again.

There was an issue with multithreaded cpu's causing a crash on startup, but that is fixed through the new dll from the cdlcunlocker app.  

I do have a bluetooth headset but even with it's adapter unplugged the game still crashes before it even launches.

3 hours ago, HydraLich said:

I do have a bluetooth headset but even with it's adapter unplugged the game still crashes before it even launches.

Do you have any mdmp files in your Rocksmith folder I could take a look at? You could also try installing RSMods and see if the fixes installing it provides useful.

I'll own you one day. 💜

Custom Shop Solo II.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I'm not good at English. I don't know if I can convey it well. A few years ago I was playing CDLC on the Windows app Steam. I recently rebooted and found that I was no longer able to play CDLC. Will I be able to play if I overwrite it with the installer at the top of this topic? Someone said that their data disappeared in the post above, so I'm wondering if it's a good idea to add it. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me. You may have other similar questions. Sorry I couldn't find it properly.

2 hours ago, cbgbm788 said:

Hello. I'm not good at English. I don't know if I can convey it well. A few years ago I was playing CDLC on the Windows app Steam. I recently rebooted and found that I was no longer able to play CDLC. Will I be able to play if I overwrite it with the installer at the top of this topic? Someone said that their data disappeared in the post above, so I'm wondering if it's a good idea to add it. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me. You may have other similar questions. Sorry I couldn't find it properly.

Your English is fine!

Replacing the installer will not damage anything. Thats is the first thing I would suggest.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cbgbm788 said:

If you're using the latest version of Rocksmith and find that you aren't able to play CDLC anymore, you probably have an old version of the D3DX9_42.dll file. Using the newest installer wont replace anything but that .dll and you should be good to start playing them again.

• Like 1

I'll own you one day. 💜

Custom Shop Solo II.png

11 hours ago, Nick Beat said:

あなたの英語は大丈夫です!

インストーラーを交換しても何も問題はありません。それが私が最初に提案したいことです。

Dear Nick Beat

Dear Phantatsy

Thank you for your reply. I was able to play.
Thank you very much to everyone who prepared the installer and to everyone who responded.

• Like 1