How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

in my mac i don't have steam or steam apps in my library after application support, what do i do then?

You folks may be getting confused.  There are TWO Library folders in a Mac. (Actually, there are THREE - but most people don't find the third one too often).   There is one that's in the ROOT of your hard drive.  So if your hard drive is labeled "Macintosh HD"  (most of them are by default) then you might find this Library folder:

MACINTOSH HD

|

--->  LIBRARY

This is the Library folder that applies to the ENTIRE computer.  It has stuff in there that is in effect no matter what user account is logged in.  That's NOT the Library folder we are looking for. We want the one that's actually particular to your user account.  So let's say your name is John Doe and your home account's "shortname" is named 'johndoe' - the CORRECT path would then be:

MACINTOSH HD

|

---> USERS

|

------> johndoe

|

-------> LIBRARY

|

-------> APPLICATION SUPPORT

|

-------------> STEAM

etc...

Now an extra wrinkle is that the Library folder is hidden by default with the newer OS versions.  But there's an easy way around it. You can just ask the Finder to open that window directly, without having to navigate from folder to folder. All you do, is while on the Finder, select the GO menu at the top, then select the option "Go to folder…" and up will pop a field asking to TYPE the folder you want it to open.  Here's the super easy shortcut:

Type in this window the following text (minus the quote marks):

"~/Library/Application Support/Steam"

The important thing (and what may have been tripping you folks up, is that you MUST put that "~" wavy line symbol BEFORE the first slash mark… that character is a TILDE.  It's usually the shifted character of the single-quote mark at the very top-left corner of a standard North American keyboard - next to the numeral "1" key and right below the ESCape key.

Anyway, if you type that line in the Go to folder field box, and then press return, you will be taken STRAIGHT to the Steam folder and you can now continue to navigate until you find the appropriate DLC folder.

Good luck!

Picture of the "Go to the folder" field box:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/na5jhz7yvx72lek/Screenshot%202014-07-05%2023.36.34.png

-fw

:mrgreen:

• Like 2

in my mac i don't have steam or steam apps in my library after application support, what do i do then?

You folks may be getting confused.  There are TWO Library folders in a Mac. (Actually, there are THREE - but most people don't find the third one too often).   There is one that's in the ROOT of your hard drive.  So if your hard drive is labeled "Macintosh HD"  (most of them are by default) then you might find this Library folder:

MACINTOSH HD
|
--->  LIBRARY

This is the Library folder that applies to the ENTIRE computer.  It has stuff in there that is in effect no matter what user account is logged in.  That's NOT the Library folder we are looking for. We want the one that's actually particular to your user account.  So let's say your name is John Doe and your home account's "shortname" is named 'johndoe' - the CORRECT path would then be:

MACINTOSH HD
|
---> USERS
     |
     ------> johndoe
             |
             -------> LIBRARY
                      |
                      -------> APPLICATION SUPPORT
                             |
                             -------------> STEAM
etc...

Now an extra wrinkle is that the Library folder is hidden by default with the newer OS versions.  But there's an easy way around it. You can just ask the Finder to open that window directly, without having to navigate from folder to folder. All you do, is while on the Finder, select the GO menu at the top, then select the option "Go to folder…" and up will pop a field asking to TYPE the folder you want it to open.  Here's the super easy shortcut:

Type in this window the following text (minus the quote marks):

"~/Library/Application Support/Steam"

The important thing (and what may have been tripping you folks up, is that you MUST put that "~" wavy line symbol BEFORE the first slash mark… that character is a TILDE.  It's usually the shifted character of the single-quote mark at the very top-left corner of a standard North American keyboard - next to the numeral "1" key and right below the ESCape key.

Anyway, if you type that line in the Go to folder field box, and then press return, you will be taken STRAIGHT to the Steam folder and you can now continue to navigate until you find the appropriate DLC folder.

Good luck!

Picture of the "Go to the folder" field box:

-fw
:mrgreen:

THANK YOU!

Hi guys, I had a lot of troubles to find the right folder into Mac Finder (July 2014).

This is an easy way to find it.

Go to finder: Mac HD

Use : Cmd_shift_G and write exactly this: ~/Library/Application Support/Steam

The hidden STEAM folder will appear, go to SteamApps/common/rocksmith2014/dlc.
regards,

Same way as Guvnor513!

Another easy way to find your Rocksmith 2014 folder location is to right click on "Rocksmith 2014" in your Steam Library and goto Properties, on the Local Files tab you can select "Browse Local Files" which opens directly to your Rocksmith 2014 folder. Can do this on the Mac as well if you hold the "Option" or "Command" key while clicking your list in the Steam App (sorry not sure which key it is as I don't have my Mac with me to check... it's one of the two...)

My best advice to people trying to play CDLC is to not just dump a whole bunch of songs into your DLC folder right away... only put a couple at a time in... some CDLC is broken and will choke your Rocksmith 2014... best way to test out which work and which don't is to do them one at a time. It's a pain... but it works. You don't have to guess which files are working or are not. There is no science to what works and what doesn't unfortunately... everything is hit or miss... which is why some of you have it working and some of you don't. Moderation... patience. Play awesome songs! Win!

My problem now is that I seem to have hit some sort of "limit" in my CDLC files... I can't seem to add any more CDLC without Rocksmith 2014 locking up at the "R" pick logo loading screen before the Ubi Logo pops up or at the Menu screen which never shows the menu items, only the Amps. Have to F4 out when this happens. Doesn't seem to be any particular CDLC file... just the "one more" file.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright I jailbreaked my PS3 easily but where can I find the file _ps3.psarc.edat ? or Whats the next step for me ?

Help please! :(

"_ps3.psarc.edat" is just the ENDING of the filename of the Custom DLC that you want to play and thus have to download.

For example:

Red-Hot-Chili-Peppers_Californication_v4_4_ps3.psarc.edat

Be sure to filter the search for customs where ps3 files are available ;-)

You will soon realize that most charters only release a version of their CDLC for PC.

Those files end on "_p.psarc".

Luckily, if you download the Custom Toolkit, you can use it to convert a PC version into a PS3 version:

http://www.rscustom.net/

I don't play on PS3 though, so I cannot tell you where you have to put that file or how to do that...

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Ive followed the video, tried both dlls and the patcher, changed the song id ect, but when I launch RS, there is now only 1 of the songs I own listed. The rest of my DLC is gone and no Customs are there either.

Im guessing I messed something up somewhere. Any ideas whats wrong?

Windows 8, 64bit. Steam Version.

Thanks

Edit: I got the songs to show up after verifying the integrity of the game files, but soon as you use either the Patcher or put the dll file in, all DLC disappears.

Some of the songs now work, others crash after tuning.

Hey everyone. I guess I'm getting into this a bit late, as none of the Xbox tutorial links exist anymore. I've tried purchasing cherub rock, and resetting the song id to one of the songs I've purchased. Then uploaded the cdlc _Xbox file to the folder where all my official dlcs are. they don't show up in the game as expected. Is there anything else I need to do to get this thing working?  does anyone have the steps on file from the previous forum?

Currently I use a usb to drive adaptor to browse and upload files to my 360 hard drive. So it's not fully modded. I'll try for a few more days they probably give up and buy pc version. If I get it working, I can write up a tutorial.

Whenever I try loading a CDLC while playing the game freezes. I see the 2 amps and if i strum my guitar it plays, but the game doesn't proceed to the song.

I too am stuck on this problem, on my mac, running RS2014 on mavericks OS. I have followed any and all instructions that I have found and nothing has worked. Has anyone posted a clear answer to resolving this issue?

Whenever I try loading a CDLC while playing the game freezes. I see the 2 amps and if i strum my guitar it plays, but the game doesn't proceed to the song.

I too am stuck on this problem, on my mac, running RS2014 on mavericks OS. I have followed any and all instructions that I have found and nothing has worked. Has anyone posted a clear answer to resolving this issue?

Are you sure you're following the steps correctly?  You need the RSInjector app (it can be put anywhere, but for ease of use I would suggest your apps folder).

Then make sure you open Steam first, but don't run Rocksmith from within Steam.  Just open Steam, and then launch RSInjector.

You also need to make sure you've purchased an official DLC (Cherub Rock is the recommended one) and make sure it's actually been downloaded into your dlc folder.  If you bought something else, you have to update the AppID using the RS Toolkit to whatever official DLC you purchased.