How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

• 4 weeks later...

I've found how to solve my issue there :https://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/9h8ep6/did_anyone_make_cdlc_work_on_linux/

Basically it consists in indicating with winecfg to use the native D3DX9_42.dll.

Thx

Good to know, on linux as well, but considering how hard I've got RS to work, been hesitant of messing with that stuff, was expecting to not be smooth sailing.

• 4 weeks later...

@@gWiiver The current mod should work. As for it not working in the future, probably never again to be honest. There's no point in us spending dev resources to fix it when the game will either die in two years with ARM taking over, or the game being poorly transferred with Apple's "automated" transfer from AMD64 programs to ARM64. Also the user base on Mac is so small already, so spending time for a small group of people who can just run a windows VM through bootcamp to play RS is useless.

Plus a new Rocksmith is likely on it's way. New consoles are coming out, and official DLC ended back in March as they are "working on their next project". Hopefully it comes with Mac support.

• 2 months later...

if you are still in trouble to run, use this post 

http://customsforge.com/topic/33138-rocksmith-remastered-cdlc-fix/

need a specific version of dx9 not download on the internet

So i have the cherub rock dlc downloaded and i put the cdlc fix in the right folder and when i try and start a song i got from this website it never loads correctly and i cant do anything. any idea on how to fix this?

Ok, so where are we with having CDLC's working on the MAC again? I can't get any of my CDLC's to work on RS 2014 remastered any longer.  After reading through the thread it seems that it was the Catalina-upgrade that wrecked it.
I'm currently running OSX 10.15.7.

I fired up my RS2014 today after not having touched it for months and wanted to play some Dire Straits. Now I only get to the tuning-screen after selecting the song. When the tuning is done nothing happens.

All help appreciated! 🙂

Apologies if this is already discussed. I could not find this by searching due to so many posts about 100% scores.

Anyway, after returning to Rocksmith recently, I dropped in the .dll and some songs. I find that every song I play now is scored at 100%, regardless of whether I play one note correctly or 500.

Would this be a known issue? or something just odd with my system or account?

Thanks.

Hey all, I have a question. So I have the Rocksmith 2014 Remastered. I downloaded CDLC. I downloaded the .dll file as per the requirements, along with the Cherub Rock song. However, the game recognizes other titles from the Customs Forge as a song pack, but any custom songs that I download, the game doesn't recognize it. I have a few Korn songs, a different Pantera song, along with Nirvana's most popular song. Yet nothing comes up in my song list. Any ideas on what I could be missing by chance?

I did want to add that Cherub Rock is not showing in my game, even though it is clearly installed in Steam.