How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but finding it difficult navigating so many different Mac/PC tutorial threads!

I'm running RS2014 on Mac (which is in turn running Mojave OS 10.14.2) and have followed the instructions to enable CDLC playback (including purchasing Cherub Rock) posted here: 

http://customsforge.com/index.php/topic/33889-how-to-add-custom-songs-on-mac/

I have then downloaded a mac CDLC from http://ignition.customsforge.com/ and extracted the file (ACDC_Highway-To-Hell_v2_m.psarc) to the  /Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014  folder as instructed. 

(Not sure if this part is relevant but I did notice that despite the file having a m.psarc file extension, unlike all the DLC files in the folder which have a black 'box' icon next to the filename, the new file just has a white icon next to it)

I have also installed the Mac OS X 10.8 and higher (including MacOS Sierra) patch as per the installation instructions above.

But despite being able to see the official Cherub Rock DLC in Rocksmith/Steam, I can't figure out what to do next in order to play the downloaded CDLC.

So any help with next steps would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...

Dlc suddenly stopped working after creating new rocksmith user profile. I already re-downloaded and replaced d3dx9_42.dll file, deleted all user rocksmith user profiles created a new... still not working. I had an automatic win10 update recently maybe has something to do with that... please help!

I have been using CDLC content in Rocksmith for several years with no issues.  All of a sudden, none of my CDLC songs work.  I get past turning then the song never starts.  Been trying to get around this for a few weeks now.  Nothing has changed within the DLC folder.  Anyone else having this issue?  All of my non CDLC songs work fine.  Maybe caused by an update? 

• Like 1

Dlc suddenly stopped working after creating new rocksmith user profile. I already re-downloaded and replaced d3dx9_42.dll file, deleted all user rocksmith user profiles created a new... still not working. I had an automatic win10 update recently maybe has something to do with that... please help!

Do you get through turning then the song doesn't start?  Mine randomly started doing that a few weeks ago.  I have not found a solution and was curious about an update.  I am on a MAC tho.

Hi!

I´ve been using CDLC with no problems. Yesterday I was trying to play and after selecting the song, tune the guitar and appearing the sound speaker, the song never start and the game freezes, not allowing me to exit and return to the menu.

Can you help with this issue?

Thank you! 

Hi!

I´ve been using CDLC with no problems. Yesterday I was trying to play and after selecting the song, tune the guitar and appearing the sound speaker, the song never start and the game freezes, not allowing me to exit and return to the menu.

Thank you! 

Exact issue I am having as well, pretty much out of the blue.  What system are your running on out of curiosity?  Hoping someone will chime in eventually that knows what's up.

Hi!

Thank you! 

Exact issue I am having as well, pretty much out of the blue.  What system are your running on out of curiosity?  Hoping someone will chime in eventually that knows what's up.

I'm running windows 10.

I checked all the files again and realized that the D3DX9_42.dll file was missing (I don't know how the file disappeared!?), so I put it back in and then everything went fine.

Hi!

Thank you! 

I'm running windows 10.

I checked all the files again and realized that the D3DX9_42.dll file was missing (I don't know how the file disappeared!?), so I put it back in and then everything went fine.

Awesome I will go check that now!  Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I followed the turtorial to a "T", the songs show up, i do the tuner part, but after that its just sound and speakers,game freezes and I have to alt+F4 to exit, nothing else? I have the .dll file in the right place. I'm just lost as to why its not working ????

(edit) I have Steam's Rocksmith 2014 Remastered PC Edition & also have the cherub rock dlc 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Since this seems to be the only reason to post here, go and buy the game. We know easily when you are pirating (by trying to keep using a cracked version of Rocksmith 2014) and you will be dealt with accordingly (see: banned)

The game has been out since 2013, it's time to stop trying to save $8.99 and open your wallet for the developers.

Thanks

edit: Rocksmith 2014 for $8.35

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought Rocksmith 2014 Remastered I installed through Steam Download the .dll file.  There was no dlc even after I purchased Cherub Rock I created it and installed it in the Rocksmith dir.  And still cant find them any Idea's ?  I running windows 10.  Thanks

Help..

Pinned.  Excellent summary.

HELP... My old HP went bad so I bought a new HP from Best Buys.. The Geek Squad there was able to transfer my Rocksmith and all related files to my new lap top.. Everything seem to be in place.  However, when to go to play a download song, it goes as far as tune your guitar and then it stops. The song never begins.  Everything else seems to work fine.  PLEASE HELP! I  am missing all those good songs from Zepplin, etc.. Jeff@shocksomebody.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The instructions on the FIRST POST in this thread In GIANT LETTERS tell you to do this, not to mention the fact that it is there 3 times in that first post alone. Reposting them individually for every single person who can't read is getting redundant, and I'm not even a regular on this forum.