How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

Hello all - thanks for the awesome site and content.  I'm pretty new to Rocksmith and want to load up some of the CDLC songs available here - I also look on the Anvil site (also awesome).  Here is my issue.  I've placed the DLL in the proper folder, fired up the RS Toolkit - changed the song from Cherub Rock to the song I purchased - and chose the CDLC song I downloaded.  I have about 6 or so that I would like to use and learn.  The CDLC song shows up in RS2014 as expected in the song menu (but only one at a time - not all of my CDLC files - is this typical?).  When I choose to learn the custom song - RS shows me the tuner - when I finish tuning - nothing else shows up.  The notes never start flying across the screen.  I basically have to ctrl-alt-delete and force RS to close - and then restart. Any suggestions?  Am I missing something obvious? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hello guys,unfortunately I have exactly the same problem, except that I can see all my songs at once. When I select a song, in the overview there are no notes on the previewbar and when I've tuned my bass, nothing happens. I've also fixed the ID and started the Game through Steam. the _42.dll does not help at all, it starts in english and no songs shows up, not even those from RS1, for the patcher.exe its the same.Any ideas? 

Some CDLCs work fine, but with some others when i play a song sometimes the notes disappear and appear without a reason, sometimes the same song work perfectly. With some CDLCs the song starts but no note appears. (for example: Garbage - I'm Only Happy When It Rains)

I downloaded I'm Only Happy When It Rains, but it seemed to work fine for me. A couple things you might try.

A lot of the song are written for lead, rhythm & bass. If you are not seeing any notes like the first two measures of this song it is because only the rhythm is being played. Press you control key (ctrl) on your keyboard to change between lead & rhythm.

With the notes appearing & disappearing might have to do with master mode. While you are in the game press your space bar to get into 'Tools' then select 'Options' then 'Play Settings' go to 'Master Mode' and make sure it is set to off. (Uncheck the box)

Sorry I can't help with the patcher file. I don't get any error message. You might try deleting the patcher file and just use the D3DX9_42.dll file.

Hello

I've unchecked the master mode and the notes don't disappear.

For the song I'm only happy when it rains everything's ok. I thought it was due to the same thing than the notes which disappear.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Change the name of a song ? I thought all I had to do was add the .dll file.Isnt that the point of adding the cdlc songs and the patch ? That way I dont have to purchase any dlc just to add cdlc ? I dont mind suporting the company but Im only interested in customs right now.Theres nothing on the list that I want  yet.

As far as I know you have to have a steam account that you play Rocksmith on. Then you have to purchase one official DLC through steam. This will give you a legitimate purchased AppID. Then you can change your cdlc's to this AppID with the toolkit. This will give all of your cdlc's the same AppID as your purchased song. Without buying at least one DLC, steam will think that you have no additional songs loaded in the dlc folder. Most people buy Cherub Rock as most cdlc's are written with this AppID. But you can buy any one that you like and change the cdlc's to that AppId. The songs aren't that expensive and actually a steal if it allows you to use cdlc's. There's got to be one song here that you like. http://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Released&sort_order=DESC&term=rocksmith+2014

Hey guys, I have been trying for a couple days to get cdlc on my rs14 for pc and with no luck. I have followed all tutorials to a T and still nothing. I have tried both alts and i have purchased dlc from steam downloaded the tool kit,  switched to appropriate dlc song from tool kit list and everything seemed good but when i download cdlc from the customs list it rarely gives me the option to put it in the appropriate steam dlc file under the game. When it does allow me to put the parc. file in the correct dlc file I launch the game thru steam as suggested and still nothing. No cdlc at all in the game. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im starting to lose my mind with frustration! I know its probably something I am doing wrong. Thanks

It's hard to say what is keeping your customs from showing up in the game. There are only a few steps that need to be taken to get these to work.

Make sure you have the D3DX9_42.dll file and that it is installed in the Rocksmith2014 folder.

Use the toolkit to change the cdlc's AppID to a dlc AppID that you purchased.

Place all of the cdlc's in the Rocksmith2014/dlc folder

If you haven't watched this tutorial video it might help. http://customsforge.com/topic/938-video-guide-how-to-use-cdlc-pc/

Ya I figured out that the custom tool kit was not saving the song I selected from the list. A few days ago I purchased Disturbed "Voices" from steams dlc. I then selected it from the list in the custom tool kit following all directions form the above mentioned tutorial. I figured out it was not saving my selection for some reason. So since by default it is always on cherub rock by smashing pumpkins I saved myself the frustration and purchased that dlc as well, and immediately it started working.  

Hello,

I tried all alternatives, and new DLC doesn't function in my PC. Exist new patch or something??? I have got an original version Rocksmith 2014. I used file "D3DX9_42.dll" also RocksmithToolkitGUI for changing of psarc files, I start the program from root folder and nothing!

Plese help me, do you know other way???

Thanx. FIN.

I purchased DLC's recently but unfortunately the current version of the Custom Song Toolkit does not have my DLC's listed. Is there a way to update the pull-down tab to contain the app id's and titles of the DLC's I purchased?

I just downloaded a cdlc AC/DC 'You Shook Me All Night Long' and its app id is Cherub Rock. I just purchased 3 KISS songs on DLC and their app ID's are not in the Rocksmith ToolkitGUI

• Like 1

Save yourselves the hassle and purchase cherub rock by smashing pumpkins.  This is the default choice on the toolkit. I used other dlc that was on toolkit list and never worked as soon as i purchased the cherub rock from steam dlc everything worked great. Most all custom dlc is using that song. Its just easier not to have to screw with it.  

• Like 3

i have purchased cherub rock and have done pc alternative 1 and couldnt play any cdlc. I would be able to tune but it would not do anything after that.  Did pc alternative 2 and now no cdlc even shows up in game. cherub rock doesnt even show up. Any suggestions?

Don't know what I did but seems to be working now.

Hey, i have rocksmith for PS3 and would like to have some CDLC songs and have no idea where to even start to make this happen. Ive been searching all over the internet to try to find answers but they are just to complex for my understanding.

I need somebody to kind of walk me through all of this downloading process, what exactly do i need to download and how does any of this information get to my PS3??

PS3: Install files: "_ps3.psarc.edat" to "/dev_hdd0/game/BLUS31182/USRDIR/DLC", if the folder DLC does not exist, just create it.

this tells me absolutely nothing i don't understand if i'm suppose to be doing all this on my PS3 or if i put my PS3 game in my computer or what. i'm not to very good with computers if you couldn't tell :)

I don't own a PS3 so hopefully someone with a PS3 will chime in here. A couple of thing I can say is that in order to get custom songs to work on a PS3 it has to be modded first.

This isn't the forum to discuss modding but you can goggle the topic or see videos on how to do this on YouTube.

The custom files (*_ps3.psarc.edat) will need to be copied to the folder  /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS31182/USRDIR/DLC, if the folder DLC does not exist, just create it.

All the files here only work with RS2014 and will have a  _p.psarc file extension if played on a PC.

All RS 2012 songs have a .dat  file extension. The two files a not compatible.

If your trying to find songs for RS1 about the only option is to look here: http://www.rscustom.net/dlc/

Make sure the radio button for RS1 is selected. Not all of the songs are still available.

• Like 1

All the files here only work with RS2014 and will have a  _p.psarc file extension if played on a PC.

All RS 2012 songs have a .dat  file extension. The two files a not compatible.

If your trying to find songs for RS1 about the only option is to look here: http://www.rscustom.net/dlc/

Make sure the radio button for RS1 is selected. Not all of the songs are still available.

thanks