How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

Noob to this, but have followed the tutorial and looked through most of the comments- The songs show in my learn a song list but after tuning nothing happens (just my speakers, no fret board or notes) and I have to alt tab and exit RS. Please help would love to play some new songs

Hey, I downloaded the .dll, copied it and started Rocksmith. It asked me to type in my login data which I did, but the problem is there is not my Account which I had before and it changed the language to english (not sure if I can follow all lessons in english).

They main problem is my account. How do I get it back?

• Administrator

Do you guys have a command window opening at the same time as the game?

If not it's the dll which is probably not doing it's job.

If yes then it's probably weird and we'll need more information to actually figure out what's going on.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• 4 weeks later...

a bit mad here, tried the d3dx9_42, the 43 AND the patcher (but uplay account doesn't log-in with the patcher, CDLC are a no-show and i'd have to buy that Cherub rock song *again* IF i could log in!!), can see the CDLC (all) in my *standard* Rocksmith session but it hangs after string tuning.. don't know what to do anymore!

any idea?

• Administrator

Do you guys have a command window opening at the same time as the game?

If not it's the dll which is probably not doing it's job.

If yes then it's probably weird and we'll need more information to actually figure out what's going on.

And about more information, i mean which file did you download, where exatcly did you put it, which CDLC or at least how many are you trying to play. Debugging is not something miraculous, without precise information we can only give you vague clue about what could have gone wrong.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

My current issue is that I'm unable to use the RSCustom program, Due to the fact that it doesn't have Dio's Holy Diver nor Toto's Hold the line. The two songs I do have purchased, is there some way i can use those Package IDs instead?

You can manually add songs to the "RocksmithToolkitLib.SongAppId.xml" located in CFSM or Toolkit install directory.

I just got RS2014 and I can't play it unless I open the game through this loader which lets me play without the real tone cable. I've bought Cherub Rock, but I can't see it or any of my downloaded CDLC in game. Help?

I am having a similar problem. I have tried so many different things that I will give up soon. Ubisoft doesn't sells just the cable here in Brazil (what a shame, Ubi!) Thus, the RSnocable worked for me. But now, trying to use customs, I can't.

I'm still looking for a place to buy it and MAYBE solve my problem.

Dear Rocksmith Einsteins, can any one have the decenssy to stop show offing and help your fellow guitarist, by at least writing down step by step what should be done to download a custom song on a genuine rocksmith ps3, and we are also ready to pay gladly to have these songs installed.

And if that fellow good summaritan exists please put it down on youtube , with a step by step instruction and , put a donate tab so we can gladly pay for your trouble.

I have seen dozens of people like myself who face that problem,and no  one wants to help from their heart.

Is there anyone out there?

Dear Rocksmith Einsteins, can any one have the decenssy to stop show offing and help your fellow guitarist, by at least writing down step by step what should be done to download a custom song on a genuine rocksmith ps3, and we are also ready to pay gladly to have these songs installed.

And if that fellow good summaritan exists please put it down on youtube , with a step by step instruction and , put a donate tab so we can gladly pay for your trouble.

I have seen dozens of people like myself who face that problem,and no  one wants to help from their heart.

Is there anyone out there?

It just can't be done, you need a modded ps3 (or modded x360).

This information is in the first post(

Note: If you are intending on using Custom DLCs on a PS3 or XBox, you MUST jailbreak your console first!)

It's much easier just to buy the PC version.

I don't think anyone is "show offing".

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

It just means that the record only have a link toward the PC version but it can be converted using the toolkit on PC to make it playable on xbox360 or ps3.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps the step 1 should say "*_p.psarc files".  I just spent a few minutes looking for a file called "_p.psarc" before I realized you were talking about my 3000 CDLC songs that end in "_p.psarc". It might save some other people similar confusion.

Feel free to delete this comment regardless of whether you do this: It's a suggestion, you'll decide whether or not you want to take it. :)

• 3 weeks later...