How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

35 minutes ago, mikheli said:

When trying to use the CDLC enabler I cannot browse for any folders other than desktop. I have Cherub Rock and I have played with CDLC before I did a clean reinstall of the game. Can anyone help?

image.png.d9524232ae2e08f5d31041f499bddaf0.png

9 minutes ago, Nick Beat said:

@ mikheli Windows machine? I've never used the enabler myself, so can't help too much. Maybe @ coldrampage can?

That's an issue with using rsmods/cdlc enabler on windows 11, it only lets you select the desktop for some reason.

You should be able to copy the game to the desktop, mod it and then move it back or just install the dll manually from here (thanks for the re-up Nick).
https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/901-how-to-use-custom-dlcs-in-rs2014-remastered/&do=findComment&comment=374586

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Thanks @ coldrampage . I had read comments on discord about the desktop thing but really didn’t understand what that was abou, so thanks for explaining, I understand now! Try to help our colleagues as best I can but you’re a bigger gun than I am 🙂 your help appreciated!

• Like 1

@ Redacted127 Instructions for what you can do are here: 

You see an item for XBox; if you can do what it suggests there, then I guess you're good to go; if not, you're SOoL, I imagine (I don't have an XBox myself). You could ask on the Discord group, there's a lot more action there...

2 hours ago, Redacted127 said:

i have a series S, (xbox) with rocksmith remastered on it, can i still use CDLC?

Nope.

The only consoles that can use cdlc are modded xbox 360 or modded ps3.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

1 hour ago, Nick Beat said:

Ah. Modded, couldn’t remember the word. So it depends on which Xbox, just like it matters which PS?

Yep.

Ps4 can be modded but no ones figured out the file format for cdlc yet. Since you can't mod the xbox one or series X/S we're out of luck there. So for now it's only on the 360 and ps3 versions.

• Like 1

@ CakeZ I have W11 and have no problems. I'm not sure I can solve your problem, but either way, if you could provide more specific detail, it would perhaps help the next person help you, if not me...

In general, clean instals are the first step. You *sound* as though you've done that, though....

@ Nick Beat  So strange! I uninstalled/reinstalled a bunch of times, tried doing the details in this video as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sh2p-0SrrE 

Ran the enabler, tried compatibility mode for all different versions of windows and the game still will not open. Brand new rig, intel i9, 4090 gfx card - nothing seeming to work 🤷‍♂️

What's strange is when I verify integrity of files on steam 50% of the time it finds a file that needs downloaded again, almost as if something breaks upon opening. I have run out of ideas to try!

2 minutes ago, CakeZ said:

@ Nick Beat  So strange! I uninstalled/reinstalled a bunch of times, tried doing the details in this video as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sh2p-0SrrE 

Ran the enabler, tried compatibility mode for all different versions of windows and the game still will not open. Brand new rig, intel i9, 4090 gfx card - nothing seeming to work 🤷‍♂️

What's strange is when I verify integrity of files on steam 50% of the time it finds a file that needs downloaded again, almost as if something breaks upon opening. I have run out of ideas to try!

Is is an i9 13900k?, it has too many cores for rocksmith to handle and causes the game to crash without a modified dll file or disabling extra cores.
https://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/yvct8a/rocksmith_2014_crashes_with_32_corethread/

• Like 2

No DLCs or no CDLCs? you want to be sure that in all this you didn't lose the dll from the Enabler (unless this other one does double duty?) and also that the IDs in your CDLCs match a purchased DLC which you have....

@ coldrampage Why don't we create a 'debug' page where we can list all the options, add to it and/or update as necessary? that would this whole assisting process so much easier... (yes, it does mean we'd have to keep an eye on it, but surely that would be less work than what we're doing now?)

4 minutes ago, Nick Beat said:

No DLCs or no CDLCs? you want to be sure that in all this you didn't lose the dll from the Enabler (unless this other one does double duty?) and also that the IDs in your CDLCs match a purchased DLC which you have....

@ coldrampage Why don't we create a 'debug' page where we can list all the options, add to it and/or update as necessary? that would this whole assisting process so much easier... (yes, it does mean we'd have to keep an eye on it, but surely that would be less work than what we're doing now?)

DLCs and CDLCs both not showing. I think it's because I don't launch it from steam and just the .exe?

2 minutes ago, CakeZ said:

DLCs and CDLCs both not showing. I think it's because I don't launch it from steam and just the .exe?

It might have something to do with it, if dlc songs don't show up cdlc songs wont either as they use the purchased dlc appid's to appear in game.

8 minutes ago, Nick Beat said:

Yea that'd probably be a good idea, especially with how much of a pain this game is to get working sometimes.

• Like 1

Is it something you can do, @ coldrampage , or do we ping someone? (as it should be in the menu...)

As you see, I try to help so as to ease the load for you and others, but plenty of times (even still!) it seems there's yet another thing I wasn't aware of, so if there were a list it would be easier to point people there.

I'm happy to do the maintenance so long as someone 'feeds me' the data, if that helps....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nick Beat said:

Is it something you can do, @ coldrampage , or do we ping someone? (as it should be in the menu...)

As you see, I try to help so as to ease the load for you and others, but plenty of times (even still!) it seems there's yet another thing I wasn't aware of, so if there were a list it would be easier to point people there.

I'm happy to do the maintenance so long as someone 'feeds me' the data, if that helps....

I could pin it to the forums tutorial section and the #support channel in the discord, but that's about it. Changing the menu bar would require updating the actual site and I think only unleashed2K can do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coldrampage said:

I could pin it to the forums tutorial section and the #support channel in the discord, but that's about it. Changing the menu bar would require updating the actual site and I think only unleashed2K can do that.

Ok, we’ll, guess we could set it up and when we’re happy, ask unleashed to do it or consider doing it….

I’ll give it some thought once I finish marking term papers and come up for air.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

HI, I could use some help!  Long time user (MAC) and can't figure out how to download the CLDC files - when I add to "collection" the file does not show up for me - I can see them in the "collection" on customs forge but nothing in my folder.  I used to download the file myself and now I do not see any option to do this.  

Can someone please point me in the right direction?  Thanks in advance.