How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

4 hours ago, zargoslord said:

Thank you for the explanations. To make it simple I reinstalled the game via steam I put the custom dlcs in the steamapps/common/dlc folder but they did not appear, it was other dlcs that appeared. After different tests I found an identical folder steamapps/common/dlc on a hard disk on my computer. The game launches the dlc which are there and not that of the programesfiles86. So I don't really know how to make everything go back to normal but in any case it works...

If you've got the game installed twice it'll only use the dlc folder that's in the same folder as the exe you launch the game from causing songs to be "missing" depending on which one you run.

So if you're launching the game from steam you should find out which one it's launching by browsing the local files and then delete the other rocksmith installation to prevent confusion. You should also probably merge the dlc folders before deleting so you don't lose any songs.

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

On 24/2/2014 at 07:32, engleg said:

Il tuo _p.psarc è solo l'estensione del file dei dlc personalizzati (brani) che scaricherai da qui se stai usando Rocksmith su un PC.

La tua cartella dlc è dove collocherai tutti i tuoi dlc personalizzati e si trova nella tua directory Rocksmith2014

Di solito C:/Programmi/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014 o ovunque tu abbia installato Rocksmith.

Video guida: Come usare CDLC (PC)

http://customsforge.com/topic/938-video-guide-how-to-use-cdlc-pc/?do=findComment&comment=4007

scusate sono un po' ignorante dove trovo il file "p.psarc" ?

On 10/3/2022 at 4:48 AM, DevilAngel said:

Greetings =]

I've recently upgraded my PC to Windows 11 and I can't seem to boot up the game when the D3DX9_42.dll is in the game's directory, and thus I can't play any of my cdlc songs =[
is there any fix for this?

Thanks in advance!

I have the exact same problem and cannot find a fix. I tried nearly everything I can find. Reverting to an old version did not work. Updating, and reinstalling all of the customs forge tools did not work. Running fixes through Steam Console did not work. Have you been able to find a fix yet??

6 hours ago, BrianThunder said:

I have the exact same problem and cannot find a fix. I tried nearly everything I can find. Reverting to an old version did not work. Updating, and reinstalling all of the customs forge tools did not work. Running fixes through Steam Console did not work. Have you been able to find a fix yet??

Not at all sadly =[

Hi guys and girls , I just want to say a big thank you for making this work. I just bought everything for pc only about six or 8 weeks ago and thought I wasted my money when I tried to play it this morning and realised Ubisoft had updated the game as it wouldn't start at all but after reading the last few pages in this post I have got it all sorted (I think). A great learning tool for complete novices like myself who listen to niche genres. Keep up the great work as it is much apprecited by all. 🤘😀

• Like 1

Hi - long time user and love the game, however, the last few months it freezes the game when I attempt to play a CDLC song.  Can someone point me in the right direction on how to fix this?  I feel like I have tried everything and I don't know what to do.  I miss playing!!  Thanks in advance.

@ indigo242 Here's the typical solution:

• update Steam and RS2014
  • redo the patch, the DLL has been adjusted for recent updates to RS2014 (make sure that the new patch replaces the old patch; simplest is to run this: https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/CDLCEnabler)
  • update any mod tools you have, e.g., RSMods, etc.

You should then be good to go.

2 minutes ago, Nick Beat said:

@ indigo242 Here's the typical solution:

• update Steam and RS2014
  • redo the patch, the DLL has been adjusted for recent updates to RS2014 (make sure that the new patch replaces the old patch; simplest is to run this: https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/CDLCEnabler)
  • update any mod tools you have, e.g., RSMods, etc.

You should then be good to go.

Thanks for the quick reply!  I am trying to download the CDLCEnabler v1.1 but just keeps saying "preparing to download" forever... and never actually downloads.  Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Hmm, no, not off the top of my head....

But you can also do it manually by downloading the new DLL itself (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ZKYtpB0vu2U3RLa1ZvdmxJczg/view?usp=sharing) and putting it into the game directory; just make sure it doesn't get added as (1) or something).

If you can't download that either... then maybe something wonky with your downloading somehow....

13 hours ago, indigo242 said:

Thanks for the quick reply!  I am trying to download the CDLCEnabler v1.1 but just keeps saying "preparing to download" forever... and never actually downloads.  Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

the download is blocked by windows antivirus, just confirm that you still want to download this file

I appreciate your assistance - I'm still stuck.  Sorry I should've mentioned the Mac.   So, what occurs is when I attempt to start a CDLC song it freezes the game and I have to exit.  The regular songs that the game came with play without issue.  I've gone through the "Use CDLC" so many times at this point - uninstalled and reinstalled, put the .dll file in the general Rocksmith folder but alas, nothing has worked.  😞

No worries, buddy. Ok if the ODLC work but the others don’t, it typically suggests the DLL or the like.

Can you post a copy of your installation directory so I can compare? Tomorrow is tight for me but I’ll see what I can manage in the morning.

Tiu can try the Mac channel on discord if I can’t help you. I’m sort of new to support but at least I have both platforms….

have a good night!

@ indigo242 @ AnotherDeadHero Note the #mac-os channel in Discord, where you may get more experienced help.

When I run steam, right-click on RS, then Properties, then Local files, the option-right-click the app, it opens the bundle and we can see what's inside with Show Package Contents.

If I open Contents, then MacOS, I see this. It would be helpful to know what's the same or different on your set-up.

As for RSMods, can't help you there. Mac support has always been a bit more touch-and-go, and the tools weren't crafted with Mac in mind. My installation is just vanilla.

I'm assuming that you've run the patch as directed (rather than the DLL as with PC). It's at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ZKYtpB0vu2WnJWZzdtUkp6SU0/view?usp=sharing

HTH. I'm out for the next hours, will check here again when I get back.

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 12.07.33 PM.png