How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey there,

So, I got RS2014 for christmas and installed it right away, plus got myself Cherub Rock as DLC so I could get CDLC. However I had to reinitialize my PC yesterday and my Steam folder got corrupted, had to throw the whole thing out and reinstall everything, and now my CDLC has stopped working XD. It's truly bizarre to me how something like that can happen? Should I just reinstall the game again? Because I'm having the same issue as many other people on here, that the CDLC starts, prompts you to tune your guitar but then the screen just stays on the blank wall with the two amps without a playlist or difficulty preview being shown and the software doesn't react to anything anymore, except for tabbing out and shutting down.

Truly bizarre...

• Administrator

@@GrittyMetal Upload the image to another site like imgur.com and then give us the link to it.

But first, are you sure it's correctly named (no (1) or something like it at the end)? it's in the root folder and not the dlc folder?

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

PC: Copy file: "_p.psarc" to "<Rocksmith2014 folder>dlc"; <-------- HUH ???? What does that mean

what it means, is that the pc files are p.psarc and they go installed into rocksmith2014 folder under your dlc. if the format was any different, the file for ur pc won't work. Hope that helps. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

@@CeramicCitizen It hasn't been updated since the Remastered was released.

@@kevrav Is it doing only for one specific songs? if yes, which one? if no, i would first check the integrity of the game files via steam.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

@@SAPOTETO I'm not sure where you got dat files as they are RS1 DLC/CDLC and hasn't been used for around 4 years now... You would likely be better just deleting them and get the ones that are available here through CF.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography