How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

I Bought Cherub Rock in your link. But i´ts "Not Installed" in Steam. It´s not in my DLC-folder. If i searh it in Rocksmith I can see it buts it´s a padlock icon and I can´t play it. Must I have done som achievements before to have it unlocked? Can I install custom dlc´s anyway? I searched for files in my computer but it isn´t any file with cherubrock... in it

IT WORKS NOW! I had to reinstall Steam. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator

the root folder is where the Rocksmith 2014 executable file is, you can easily find it by going into your steam library, right clicking on Rocksmith, going to the properties, then in the Local Files tab, you have a button called Browse Local Files that will open that folder directly.

This is also the folder where the DLC folder can be found.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I might be a real noob, but how can I use CDLC´s on my ps3? ''

• PS3: Install files: "_ps3.psarc.edat" to "/dev_hdd0/game/BLUS31182/USRDIR/DLC",
    if the folder DLC does not exist, just create it.'' 

that doesnt mean anything to me, is there a tutorial anywhere? or does anyone feel like they could make time to explain it to me? because i don't know how to jailbreak my ps3 or install stuff or what so ever

thank you!

I might be a real noob, but how can I use CDLC´s on my ps3? ''

• PS3: Install files: "_ps3.psarc.edat" to "/dev_hdd0/game/BLUS31182/USRDIR/DLC",

if the folder DLC does not exist, just create it.'' 

that doesnt mean anything to me, is there a tutorial anywhere? or does anyone feel like they could make time to explain it to me? because i don't know how to jailbreak my ps3 or install stuff or what so ever

thank you!

You will need to jailbreak your PS3.  You won't find instructions and you'll be unlikely to find advice for that here, simply because the majority of people use a PC or Mac because it's easier.  There are instructions to jailbreak your PS3 elsewhere online though.

The good news however, is that your PS3 Realtone cable will work on PC or Mac, and Rocksmith is generally available on Steam for £10-15.

• 1 month later...

I am a new user here and am unsure if anyone has pointed this out yet so here I go. If you are Cheap and don't own any DLC or want to purchase any DLC you can change the App ID on the CDLC to 221680. This is the Rocksmith 2014 - Game Key DLC. Once this is done the game recognizes the CDLC as part of the base-game as it checks to see if you own AppID 221680 and then allows for it to work.

I do a ton of coding related to steam, steam apps, and custom servers for games which is how I came to this quick and easy solution. Should work for just about anyone.

---Edit---

Tested this with over 30 tracks, forgot to mention that. I also own no DLC at all, just the base game that I purchased through humble bundle and activated in steam back in 2014 before they remastered it.

• Like 1

I am using the CDLC and Steam.  I was able to resolve an issue where the songs were correctly being listed initially (and RS2014 was working fine), but after adding more songs, the game started crashing as soon as I got to the profile selection window.

I removed the newest songs from the DLC folder and the games started working again.  I suspect the problem was that one of the new songs was using "{" and "}" which the game did not like. 

Best of luck!

Thanks again to everyone who support this site and makes the songs! 

There are a tonne of CDLCs on here by people who only make 1 or 2 customs, don't test them properly and release them.  Hence there are many broken CDLCs that will crash your game.

The best thing to do is download the free Custom Song Manager app and try to repair them.  At the least it will highlight broken CDLC and you can remove them without the trial and error.

As for using the App ID 221680, if it works go for it.  As long as (for site rules reasons) you are using the official version of the game I can't see a problem.  The reason the Cherub Rock App ID was used is that, if you cast your mind back, that particular "DLC" was given away free with the game when it first came out (and for months after), so everyone had it anyway.

I bet Smashing Pumpkins are delighted with this, they must be rolling in licensing cash with all the extra purchases of the song by people solely to use CDLC :lol:

I can confirm that the App ID of 221680 works perfectly, if you haven't/don't want to buy the Cherub Rock DLC.

However, it may be well worth the money for many people to simply purchase the Cherub Rock DLC so that they don't have to change the app ID for every song. Keep in mind, this must also be done for any new CDLCs that you get from here in the future.

I personally wouldn't be opposed to using the 221680 App ID for any of my future CDLC releases (or even CF mandating its use) if it will in fact work for everyone. It seems ridiculous to ask CDLC users to change App IDs when it's not necessary.

Unless we are concerned with eliminating a revenue stream for Billy Corgan and Ubisoft  :D

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

How does it show up in the game menu, just as a normal track?

What I mean is that DLC has the pink DLC tag on it, RS1 songs have the black RS1 tag.  I suppose there will be no tag using the game App ID...

It will likely change some of the ordering too, depending on how you order the list.

When using the 221680 App ID, the CDLCs still have the pink/purple "DLC" banner/tag designation in the song list. I don't have any RS1 songs in my list, but I'd imagine those would also be unaffected.

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

From the videos I have seen showing off CDLC compared to my 221680 AppID they look identical. It works just like I would if using the Cherub Rock AppID.

As for changing the AppID, I found that for people who are like me without a paid for DLC you can use the CustomForge Song Manager (CFSM) and mass change the AppID on all tracks you Download.

1. Open CFSM and Scan for songs.
  2. Press the Select All/None button at bottom of Songs Table and make sure everything is checked/
  3. Click on Custom Mods on 3rd Header Bar.
  4. Click Edit App IDs.
  5. Delete Everything in the AppID window (typically defaults to Cherub Rock AppID). Replace the AppID with 221680 and apply.
  6. Wait patiently while the magic happens, then go have fun!

Again, these steps are only for people who do not own Cherub Rock and do not wish to spend money on a DLC they will not play.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...