How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

Okay, still not working.  Using windows 10 as OS.

Here are steps I have tried.

Downloaded D3DX9_42.dll files mentioned here, first one, when it didn't work tried the other.  Bought a DLC, Basket case (cherub rock was already in song list), ironic as this is what this is turning me into, a basket case.  Using the DLLs I tried kicking off RS2014 from steam.

A command prompt window is displaying, in it it says "Game finished loading".

No CDLC (using two files, a ghost one and a weird al one in case first was corrupt in some way)

I then tried using the Rocksmith2014_patcher.exe mentioned at the start of this thread.  The profile and login for ubisoft server was gone, I had to recreate, doing it that way it gives a "make sure you are connected to steam message", I am connected to steam.  My previously purchases DLC is not there to play now, and if I go to shop it says, enable steam.

Yes I definitely added the D3DX9_42.dll file to the rocksmith root directory one level below DLC with rocksmith2014, and yes CDLC is in DLC along with basket case.  Root is: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014'

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Allrighty guys. Sorry to disturb you, but i kinda seem to fuck anything up I don't know exactly.

So: I have bought RS2014 and Cherub Song Dlc - so far so good.

I've downloaded 2 custom DLCs (in this case "Fever" and "The Last Fight" from Bullet for my Valentine)

I've switched the App-IDs to cherub song with the Tool.

Now I want to start playing one of these and my game keeps freezing (seeing Amps, can hear the sound of the s*** i play, but the songs won't load).

I've tried it with the .dll provided in the tutorial, and with the Rocksmith2014_patcher as well, but both solutions have the effect, that no CDLCs are even shown in the menu anymore. I am quite confused now :(. Would be nice if you could provide some tips!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

@@lelzer note that i've updated the link to point toward the dll for the remaster update, IT WILL NOT WORK with Rocksmith 2014 and if you got the dll before i changed it, well it won't work with the remaster, but the instruction are still exactly the same.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I have read through most of the posts on this thread and none of them have the same problem i do.

Whenever I try to download, the .dll file gets deleted by Norton

So I tried to get the Rocksmith2014patcher.exe and it DOWNLOADED AND DIDN'T GET DELETED! But I launch the game, see the CDLC that I installed, I tune and then I am left with a screen with just the amps on it, no notes. I am also able to strum and make noise but nothing happens. 

Is it something to do with the fact that Rocksmith2014 is now remastered? Do i HAVE to get the new .dll file? I would rather not...

What should I do?

• 3 weeks later...