How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

Are there written instructions for getting 2014 set up for CDLC on PC?  The OP was a little lacking in the "clarity" department and I'm not a huge fan of video tutorials.

All I see for the setup in the OP is "put file [x] in directory [y]" but after watching the video I'm getting information about DLLs and .exe patchers.

Then there's also something about changing the APPID as well.

Anything with updated download links would be great, thanks!

Hey, thanks for all the effort guys, I have a half-question here, but I'm also still trying to figure it out on my own so if I can find an answer on my own, I'll update you guys in case anyone was curious.

Since you guys don't seem to be too familiar with the console hacks, I'll just say that it isn't convenient (sometimes, not even possible) to get online with a jailbroken system, as you'll get banned. Part of the steps seem to require you to get online and purchase a legitimate piece of DLC before cDLC can work, if I am understanding this correctly. My question is in reference to the PS3, but I'm sure it applies to the Xbox as well -- Is it possible to somehow find a work around that would allow you to NOT have to get online?

If no one knows for certain, not a problem. I had just figured I would ask while I try to figure it out myself :)

hey i have everything right i think but when i go to play the cdlc it never loads up the songs only way i get off the game is by alt + F4 any help btw awesome vid maybe i am missing something and great site lets hope rocksmith 3 or 2015 will look at this and see what people want in the game

Hello, I've been playing RS 2014 for a while now and bought lots of official DLC's. But since some of my favourite songs and bands are no-go officially, I decided to check out CDLCs.

I downloaded Comfortably Numb .psarc file, put it into appropriate DLC folder, fired up tool to change ID from Cherub Rock (which I own). Than I've chosen the first method mentioned by OP (by downloading appropriate exe), moved the exe into root folder and lauched it. It did its magic, but after the game started, it prompted me to create a new profile, I had to setup everything from scratch and in my music library, there were just vanilla RS 2014 songs (even my purchased DLCs are gone). I've tried both .dll files too but it's still the same. My old profile and DLCs are not shown in the game anymore.

Any ideas please?

Hello, I've been playing RS 2014 for a while now and bought lots of official DLC's. But since some of my favourite songs and bands are no-go officially, I decided to check out CDLCs.

I downloaded Comfortably Numb .psarc file, put it into appropriate DLC folder, fired up tool to change ID from Cherub Rock (which I own). Than I've chosen the first method mentioned by OP (by downloading appropriate exe), moved the exe into root folder and lauched it. It did its magic, but after the game started, it prompted me to create a new profile, I had to setup everything from scratch and in my music library, there were just vanilla RS 2014 songs (even my purchased DLCs are gone). I've tried both .dll files too but it's still the same. My old profile and DLCs are not shown in the game anymore.

Any ideas please?

@Paolo61  You shouldn't change the ID from Cherub Rock. It's pretty rare that CDLCs aren't already set for that song -- just leave it set like that.

Don't know why it prompted you to create a new profile. Try using the .dll instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using CDLCs för a while but today i encountered a problem. Started the game as usual with steam but it said something about that i had manipulated the program files and that the game could not be started.

I updated the .dll with the updated one, but now the game won't get past the loading screen.

The console states:

game finished loading!
patch verify_signature success!
patch volume_patch success!
error: could not open file "datagfxassetsdatainputmap.xml" for reading
error: could not open file "datagfxassetsdatainputmap.xml" for reading

I also tried alternative two with the patcher.exe file but with the same results. I've also tried a clean install.

Any suggestions?

There's allot of good information here guys. I'm trying to make sense of it all. Unfortunitely by not understanding allot of the terminology used here, this is leading to more questions. Can everyone explain what the following things are and what they are used for?

1. D3DX9_42.DLL

2. Cherub Rock

3. Smithy's Anvil

4. RSToolkit

5. AppID - How do I change this, for what purpose, and what do I change it to? Also can I change all the custom AppID's to the same ID or do they all have to be different?

Just solved my problems, made a more clean install, after uninstallation I removed rocksmith registry files. Installed rocksmith once more and added the .dll file.

Rags, answer to your questions.

1. File needed to be able to play custom dlc.

2. The song you have to buy to enable custom dlc.

3. The previous site where you could find custom dlc.

4. Program that you do not have to use, unless you want to create new songs.

5. AppID is a unique ID for each of the songs you buy from the rocksmith store. The d3d9x_42.dll is a tweak that changes the games requirement for unique appID for each dlc song. Most cdlc songs you download has cherub rock as appID and therefore it's required to play cdlc.

• Like 1

I apologize in advance if a solution has been posted but I did not read all 3 pages of this topic.  I have a purchased copy of Rocksmith 2014 installed on my machine.  I've copied all the files I've downloaded into the games dlc folder including Cherub Rock and JerryC.  When I start the game through steam, no files that I've added show up.  Any help would be appreciated.

Just solved my problems, made a more clean install, after uninstallation I removed rocksmith registry files. Installed rocksmith once more and added the .dll file.

Rags, answer to your questions.

1. File needed to be able to play custom dlc.

2. The song you have to buy to enable custom dlc.

3. The previous site where you could find custom dlc.

4. Program that you do not have to use, unless you want to create new songs.

5. AppID is a unique ID for each of the songs you buy from the rocksmith store. The d3d9x_42.dll is a tweak that changes the games requirement for unique appID for each dlc song. Most cdlc songs you download has cherub rock as appID and therefore it's required to play cdlc.

Thanks, that clarifies things. I already got D3DX9_42.dll and put it in my Rocksmith2014 folder. (The Main Folder, not the sub folders) And I went ahead and bought Cherub Rock by Smashing Pumkins, and some other songs from the Steam store. They are now showing up in my "Learn a Song" list in Rocksmith.

Now what do I do next? I downloaded some custom songs from this website under the 'CDLC Search' tab above. They have a p.psarc file extensions. I put these in a temporary separate folder I created. At this point I dont know what to do with these p.psarc files. Do I need to change the AppID's on these p.psarc to the same AppID as Cherub Rock and how do I do that?  If thats what I have to do, what do I do with the p.psarc files after I change the AppID's? Where do I put them? I'm assuming at some point I have to put them in the same folder as the other DLC's? And I dont know which folder that is or its location path?

Also to let you know, My audio doesn't work for UTube, so I can't use the tutotial above. Thats a separate issue I've been having, that's been driving me nuts also.

Thanks for your help.

• Administrator

The p.psarc file is the song, you just have to put it in the dlc folder which is inside the rocksmith 2014 usual path (where you put the .dll).

The appID of almost every single cdlc here are the cherub rock one so you shouldn't have to do anything about that.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

The p.psarc file is the song, you just have to put it in the dlc folder which is inside the rocksmith 2014 usual path (where you put the .dll).

The appID of almost every single cdlc here are the cherub rock one so you shouldn't have to do anything about that.

Ok. Thanks. I'll put the p.psarc files I downloaded into the dll folder. I was just there and noticed that all the DLC's that I bought from the Steam store are there but I noticed something else. I noticed that for each song there are 2 files, one is listed as p.psarc and the other is listed as m.psarc. Whats the difference between these files and will I also be needing to add a m.psarc file there, as I only have the p.psarc files for each song?

Also shouldn't all the other non purchased songs be in that folder also? The songs that came with RS2014 when I bought it? I only see the purchased DLC songs listed in the DLL folder.

Thanks

• Administrator

On disc songs don't need to be there they are integrated in some other file. the p or m stands for PC or Mac, if you play on PC you only need the p.psarc if you play on mac you need the m.psarc. Steam just download both because it's easier for them.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

On disc songs don't need to be there they are integrated in some other file. the p or m stands for PC or Mac, if you play on PC you only need the p.psarc if you play on mac you need the m.psarc. Steam just download both because it's easier for them.

Ok. Thanks so much. That makes perfect sense. Yes I am using a PC.

So just as an overview; What I've done so far is:

1. I've added D3DX9_42.dll to my Rocksmith2014 folder.

Does the file need to be added to the Rocksmith2014 folder listed under Steam or listed under my C: drive on my PC? I have the same folder listed in 2 different locations.

2. I bought Cherub Rock from the Steam Store and its showing in RS2014 under the "Learn a Song" listing.

3. I added all my p.psarc"s songs to the DLL folder under Steam.

At this point, do I need to do anything else or am I ready to start playing the songs?

Mac: Copy file: "_m.psarc" to "~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc/" , you might need to use "Command-Shift-G" to go inside ~/Library since it's hidden by default in the finder;

This folder DOES NOT EXIST. Where is my content going? HELP! I cannot get this to work on the Mac. 

Mac: Copy file: "_m.psarc" to "~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc/" , you might need to use "Command-Shift-G" to go inside ~/Library since it's hidden by default in the finder;

This folder DOES NOT EXIST. Where is my content going? HELP! I cannot get this to work on the Mac. 

Have you purchased at least 1 official DLC ? ( Normally Cherub Rock ) If not the folder does not exist.
  • Like 1

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

Mac: Copy file: "_m.psarc" to "~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc/" , you might need to use "Command-Shift-G" to go inside ~/Library since it's hidden by default in the finder; This folder DOES NOT EXIST. Where is my content going? HELP! I cannot get this to work on the Mac. 

Have you purchased at least 1 official DLC ? ( Normally Cherub Rock ) If not the folder does not exist.
Yes, I downloaded 'Man in the Box' first -- then I downloaded 'Cherub Rock' when that didn't work. I can't find the folder. I have "/Library/Application Support" and that's it-- no Steam folder. Did I do something wrong in the Steam installation?