How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

Hello everybody,

I use XBOX 360 platform, do I need to install a GLITCH on my console to use / import CDLC files?

(I all ready have official DLC placed in my XBOX)

If I do NOT need a GLITCH, witch steps do I need to do to put CDLC on my XBOX?

Thanx guys!

Yes you would need to mod your console using the Reset Glitch Hack in order to access files from usb. This requires some handy work and technical know-how. I am great with the tech stuff just not the best at soldering but, it still isn;t too difficult and to date I've modded around 25-30 360s for friends/family. If you decide to attempt this check out team-xecuter.com you can find guides and links on where to purchase the necessary parts. Also a fiberglass scratch brush is almost a must have to get the varnish safely off the circuit board with destroying the circuits. The first mod i did I used a small flathead it took forever and was risky. After that I bought a brush took literally 30 seconds to expose the metal. They cost maybe $5-10 radioshack used to sell them but, I haven't seen one there in a long time. Any hobby/model train/car shop should have one.

Also keep in mind you will not want to take your 360 online anymore after doing this. I go on every now and then but, you risk having your console banned anytime you do.

thanks to whoever provided the first link to the D3DX9... file.  I had a file named that but it wasn't this particular version.  Once I replaced mine with the one posted here I was able to get past the tuning after picking a custom song.  Before it was stuck and would start the song or the chart/tab.  THANK YOU!

So I downloaded this file... unzipped it and have the guitar icon for the custom toolkit.  I click on the guitar icon and it appear briefly in the toolbar, then just disappears without anything actually opening.  Man, I hope I'm not missing something simple...   Thanks for any help.

I don't have any way to open this Mac file, but on my PC the file that I click on to open the toolkit app is named: RocksmithToolkitGUI which is an application files. I'm not sure if it is the same for a Mac.

Here's the link I got the file from. There are other version here. Maybe the one I listed above doesn't work correctly. http://www.rscustom.net/builds

You might also find answers here: http://customsforge.com/forum/56-rocksmith-custom-tool-kit/

I have a similar problem with using a cdlc, getting through the tuner part and then having it stop on the amps. What is really frustrating is that it doesn't happen everytime, even for the same cdlc. Sometimes I can play it just fine, then I cant- just stops at the amp screen. This is the pc version.

I  have a Jtagged XBox, will I still need to purchase Cherub Rock or a similar DLC?  If yes, then how do I do that without getting banned?

TIA

Update:

I just tried copying the xbox cdlc files to "Content>0000000000000000>555308C0>00000002" via FTP .  I had to create the last 2 folders because they did not exist before. 

No luck.  Hope somebody can help.

I didn't see anything on the Wiki page about having to buy Cherub Rock, but I'm not really sure about how all this works on a Xbox. http://rocksmithcustoms.wikispaces.com/Playing+Custom+Content+for+Xbox

As far as I know, if you do have to buy Cherub Rock, Ubisoft/Steam shouldn't care if you have a modded Xbox. You would only have to worry about Microsoft finding out that you have modded it.

Today I tried to play some of my CDLC and none of it worked. I tried reinstalling the .dll, the updated .dll, the patcher, changing the song ID to another official DLC track, verifying integrity of game cache through Steam... and nothing works

I load up the game. Select a CDLC song, tune the guitar, and then the highway never loads. For no CDLC.

What did I break??

I didn't see anything on the Wiki page about having to buy Cherub Rock, but I'm not really sure about how all this works on a Xbox. http://rocksmithcustoms.wikispaces.com/Playing+Custom+Content+for+Xbox

As far as I know, if you do have to buy Cherub Rock, Ubisoft/Steam shouldn't care if you have a modded Xbox. You would only have to worry about Microsoft finding out that you have modded it.

I already purchased the Cherub Rock DLC because I have the Mac version working.  I still want this on my XBOX.  Logging on to Uplay in XBOX requires logging on to XBox Live, and logging on to XBOX Live can get me banned there AFAIK.

Greetings everyone. Ok, i have watched the video a couple times...I can launch Rocksmith2014 fine. The two songs i have downloaded show up. I can click the songs, they show up, picture of the record, select my instrument, I select my bass...It makes sure it's in tune. Then the speakers show up on both sides......Thats it.. The song never starts or notes come across the screen or anything. Any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,

Brad

• Like 1

I'm ready to pull my hair out with this. I installed the game. I bought Cherub Rock. I walked through the directions about six times now for the Mac. The songs show up in my list in the game. When I select a song to play, it just hangs. I can alt+tab, I can play strings on the guitar and hear them come out of the speakers, but the screen never changes, the song never starts, and I can't do anything except make the game Force Quit. It's non responsive.

What in the world am I doing wrong here? I followed this guide: http://forums.smithyanvil.com/viewtopic.php?id=15909, and then I followed this guide: http://forums.smithyanvil.com/viewtopic.php?id=15909  

I'm completely stuck and out of ideas. Any suggestions please?

I have a problem about using cdlc.If I use d3dx9_42 dll which is given at the first page, game crashes and says rocksmith.exe stopped working.If I use another d3dx9_42.dll game starts but I cannot start a cdlc because it freezes after tuning.

I solved the problem at last.I was trying to start the cdlc with the id of cherub rock and it was freezing on the amp screen after tuning.Today I changed the id of cdlc to "Iron Maiden - Run To The Hills" id with the toolkit and suddenly all cdlc's started to work.But I have no idea what happened?

hey everyone sorry if that's a stupid question but is that normal that my game cannot connect to ubisoft server?

I have Steam version, did download second dx dll file, have cherub rock dlc, custom songs appear in the song list, but the game is offline. 

Need some help please. Purchased a hard copy for the PC, installed it, then found out about cdlc. I followed the video tutorial, purchaesed the Cherub Rock song and installed the .dll and the patcher exe file into the RS2014 folder. The problem, however, is that when I start the game normally via Steam I can see the songs and hear them but I can get no further than the tuning section. If I start the game via the patcher exe file then the cdlc files/songs don't even appear within the game. I have checked that all the songs I have downloaded had the Cherub Rock song ID.

What am I doing wrong?

DOWNLOAD CUSTOM SONG FOR YOUR PLATFORM

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

PC: Copy file: "_p.psarc" to "<Rocksmith2014 folder>dlc";

Mac: Copy file: "_m.psarc" to "~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc/" , you might need to use "Command-Shift-G" to go inside ~/Library since it's hidden by default in the finder;

XBox 360: Place files: "_xbox" to "Content>0000000000000000>555308C0>00000002";

PS3: Install files: "_ps3.psarc.edat" to "/dev_hdd0/game/BLUS31182/USRDIR/DLC", if the folder DLC does not exist, just create it.

A BIG thank you to Stellarfirefly for making this video! couldnt have done it myself!!

[media=560x316]

[/media]

Note: If you are intending on using Custom DLCs on a PS3 or XBox, you MUST jail break your console first!

hacking or jailbreaking a console is beyond the scope of what we are doing here, and if you are not comfortable with doing it, you may want to simply buy the pc version of the game.  Steam keys can be found fairly cheaply on the internet.

You need to own an Official DLC!

(Cherub Rock is most used on customs)

Note: For PC and MAC need an extra step:

Note2 : For PC and MAC you need to change App ID of custom song package with RS Toolkit to App ID of an official DLC that you had bought (Cherub Rock is most used on customs)

PC alternative 1:

DOWNLOAD Copy to Rocksmith 2014 root folder;

Run the game by normal Rocksmith2014 executable app (will popup a console debug window, it's normal, don't worry)

Thanks to Zephyrix for this patch.

If first one doesn't work, use this updated version:

Updated version -> DOWNLOAD

PC alternative 2:

DOWNLOAD Copy to Rocksmith 2014 root folder;

Run the game by this executable (Rocksmith_custom.exe)

Thanks to Alex360 for this patch.

Mac:

DOWNLOAD To download click file and at the bottom download.

Just unzip the file and launch RSInjector.app as a normal application instead of launching Rocksmith (either directly or from steam). You can place the executable RSInjector.app wherever you want it will search for Rocksmith in the normal steam install path (ie ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014/).

Steam must be running.

Thanks to Xavatar (Power Slinky) for this patch.

JUST PLAY IT !

All credit to MarineIguana, he created this, I am merely echoing it here

i downloaded the mac file, but i don't know how to extract it? how can i do it?

I don't know anything about a Mac. The RS2014Injector.app.zip you downloaded is compressed in a common file format used on the PC.

I"m guessing that there should be a freeware program for the Mac OS that will uncompress zip files. Once uncompressed you can install it.