How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

On 3/14/2023 at 11:45 PM, Kakuszakak said:

Hi Guys,

Just coming back to the topic freshly after switching to windows 11 with i9-13900k. In order to even get my rocksmith to work I had to change the .dll to the one limiting the amount of threads used (I think), not the one from the enabler (this one does not start rocksmith at all). However now I'm having issues with my dlcs and cdls (including cherub rock) not showing at all, even though they are clearly visible as files in the dlc folder.

Have you been maybe able to figure that one out?

Cheers!

Hi there. i also have a i9-13900k with a new installed W11. i just cant get the game to launch ive tried everything. You saying something about a dll file limiting the amount of threads. where do i get it ?

7 hours ago, Guffe said:

Hi there. i also have a i9-13900k with a new installed W11. i just cant get the game to launch ive tried everything. You saying something about a dll file limiting the amount of threads. where do i get it ?

Coldrampage posted this back on Dec 22. in this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/yvct8a/rocksmith_2014_crashes_with_32_corethread/

has a link to the .dll on that reddit post.

Just now, YourPeepingTom said:

what _p.psarc file are yall talking about? from where? theres no  _p.psarc anywhere, not from the CDLC file, not in my rocksmith files and not in my dlc

wait are you just talking about moving the songs into dlc? somethin aint working here, the dlcs aren't showing up in game 

3 hours ago, YourPeepingTom said:

what _p.psarc file are yall talking about? from where? theres no  _p.psarc anywhere, not from the CDLC file, not in my rocksmith files and not in my dlc

the "_p.psarc file" is being used as an abbreviation for the downloaded cDLC file. So as an example; "Chevelle_Tug-O-War_v2.0_p.psarc"

Find the cDLC file that you downloaded, where ever your download destination is, copy or move it to the dlc folder in your steam rocksmith installation folder.

• 2 weeks later...

okay so forgive me if I am dumb. I have cherub and I have the D3DX9 dll file. I seem to not be able to play cdlc. I started playing again after a long time, but am fairly tech savvy and can follow tuts. I ve downloaded a few cdlc. the cfsm is showing  me these cldc are using the cherub rock  appid 248750. I remember this. I have cherub rock. all songs including cherub are showing me they are using appid using this id in the edit appid box that pops up but the appid column is showing them all as id 221680. i m not sure what is happening as I have not messed with all this in years but no cdlc seem to be working. Any help would be great. Maybe the issue is obvious to somebody.

If you're using CFSM and it shows some odd ID, you can always use it to 'repair' the CDLC to the correct value... If downloaded from Ignition, it's odd that they not be correct.

Other things:

You are sure you are using the latest DLL? It might help to provide some technical details (W10, W11, what is where...) Is this possibly one of those cases where you have too many CPU threads?

You might want to scan the earlier posts to see whether issues match yours while you await an answer (maybe you've done that and come up empty...).

They show up in game and don't play, or they don't show up...?

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Nick Beat said:

Could you be a little more detailed? what exactly are you trying to do where?

When I download the CDLC file for the DLL file windows will not open it and just asks me for an application to open it with. I tried downloading cool file viewier and I get this error message.

Untitled.jpg

This still isn’t clear. CDLC end in .psarc, you put those with the other Rocksmith .psarc files, you don’t open them directly. The .DLL file which you need to patch Rocksmith you don’t open directly either. I don’t see what either of them has to do with a partial download as mentioned in your screenshot…

sorry if I’m being obtuse… may have to check in in the morning if someone else hadn’t solved it for you yet.

10 minutes ago, jENI said:

When I download the CDLC file for the DLL file windows will not open it and just asks me for an application to open it with. I tried downloading cool file viewier and I get this error message.

Untitled.jpg

Nvm I had to trust this file in the download tab by clicking the 3 dots and selecting keep, then the show more button and click keep anyway. 😕 sorry.

Just now, Nick Beat said:

This still isn’t clear. CDLC end in .psarc, you put those with the other Rocksmith .psarc files, you don’t open them directly. The .DLL file which you need to patch Rocksmith you don’t open directly either. I don’t see what either of them has to do with a partial download as mentioned in your screenshot…

sorry if I’m being obtuse… may have to check in in the morning if someone else hadn’t solved it for you yet.

I understood the Psarc part but I could not get the toolbox to download.

• 2 weeks later...

how to enable custom but prevent steem from updating game to block it?
here what i got so far:

>installed steem
>restored rs
>bought cherub rock but not dl yet
>at this point what is best solution

to dl cherub or play rs i must log in to steem
but will it begin installing rs update as soon as logged in?

Rocksmith will auto-update as soon as you log into Steam, if i understand your question correctly. You will need the .dll yet in order to use cDLC.

Inorder to prevent Rocksmith from updating if you are using or trying to use the previous version, read this thread:

https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/67203-rocksmith-2014-update-added-to-steam-today-stops-cdlc-dll-for-working/

You will not be able to prevent the most recent Steam Client App from updating. Let me rephrase, there is no easy way to prevent the Steam App from updating to the current abomination they just release on Thursday.

As anyone else is going to ask, [is there a] Particular reason you are trying to prevent Rocksmith from updating?

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Aulin said:

Hello
I have successfully tried the CDLC but I find it difficult to play them because they do not have an intelligent difficulty level like the original ODLC.
Is there a possibility to make the songs easier?

You can add dynamic difficulty to cdlc that don't have it by repairing them with cfsm.
Here's a guide.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I understand how this is supposed to work, but when I go to a song to download, I do not find a _m.psarc file. I've even clicked on the mac button and it says it downloaded and saved to my collection. I can find everything in the collection, but have no clue where it downloaded to. Or once again, can't find the file/link to save. Could use your help. Thanks

8 hours ago, TwistedTexan71 said:

I understand how this is supposed to work, but when I go to a song to download, I do not find a _m.psarc file. I've even clicked on the mac button and it says it downloaded and saved to my collection. I can find everything in the collection, but have no clue where it downloaded to. Or once again, can't find the file/link to save. Could use your help. Thanks

With safari and firefox you need to enable popups for the files to download (it should redirect you to a download page like google drive) otherwise they just get added to the collection.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype