How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just coming back to the topic freshly after switching to windows 11 with i9-13900k. In order to even get my rocksmith to work I had to change the .dll to the one limiting the amount of threads used (I think), not the one from the enabler (this one does not start rocksmith at all). However now I'm having issues with my dlcs and cdls (including cherub rock) not showing at all, even though they are clearly visible as files in the dlc folder.

Have you been maybe able to figure that one out?

Cheers!

Two places you can look, if you don’t get a targeted response soon (don’t have your issue so haven’t had to deal with it):

This topic, search earlier posts for this issue; the discord group, since it tends to be more active.

I’m pretty sure you’re not the only one with this, and I’ve seen comments on it at some point.

hth

yeah i have noticed issues with some of the cdlc not showing up in game even though others do, all of them were installed in the dlc folder but some just dont show up in game.  the most recent one i downloaded was megadeth 99 ways to die, no matter how many times i deete it and re download it i just cant get it to show up in rocksmith even though it is in the dlc folder.  i have been looking for the cause of this for some time now and have found NO solution to the problem or even anything regarding why some cdlc shows up in game but others dont.  im completely baffled by this when there are youtube vids of people playing 99 ways to die on rocksmith steam.

16 hours ago, lordraptor1 said:

yeah i have noticed issues with some of the cdlc not showing up in game even though others do, all of them were installed in the dlc folder but some just dont show up in game.  the most recent one i downloaded was megadeth 99 ways to die, no matter how many times i deete it and re download it i just cant get it to show up in rocksmith even though it is in the dlc folder.  i have been looking for the cause of this for some time now and have found NO solution to the problem or even anything regarding why some cdlc shows up in game but others dont.  im completely baffled by this when there are youtube vids of people playing 99 ways to die on rocksmith steam.

On the main menu, wait for it to finish enlisting your songs... Sometimes that's the deal.

14 minutes ago, lordraptor1 said:

Nope not the issue, all songs are loaded except 99 ways to die so the 99 ways to die cdlc seems to be the problem I just can't figure out why

Just downloaded it to see if I got the same problem, didn't. I don't know what's happening there. 😕

1 hour ago, aion said:

Just downloaded it to see if I got the same problem, didn't. I don't know what's happening there. 😕

found the problem when i copied the file over to my dlc folder it changed the file to end in p. (1) psarc ??? dont know what caused it but at this point with this and a few other issues starting when my first threadripper cpu failed ( im on my 3rd by the way running at stock clocks) id say it must have something to do with the cpu.  unfortunatley amd did NOT honor my 3 year from purchase date warranty on it so i had to buy all 3 so my next build and every future build will be intel and nvidia which will rule out possible amd hardware issues.  interesting though how ive got old intel systems from x58 back to pentium and every one of them will still power up and work just fine, but my threadripper system and every amd laptop in the house is plagued with issues, room mate bought an amd based laptop new from walmart yesterday and it had errors out of the box so i had her take it back and get and intel laptop which she did and it has NO problems.  guess it has to do with intel is manufactured in the usa and a couple other countries while amd is manufactured in china but i digress LOL.

anyway if someone has a piece of cdlc that isnt showing up in game another thing to check is to make sure the file name did not change like i said mine apparently did ( again doubt this would affect an intel nvidia user because i never had an issue with cdlc on my old x58 intel rig or either of the intel laptops in the house but ive had this happen on my threadripper system and the both of the amd laptops i have in the house.

You can use any legal ODLC you have purchased, if need be. It just means that you’ll have to change the AppIDof all the CDLC to match that one. There are tools for you to do that.

On Windows, Customs Forge Song Manager can do it. There’s a conversion tool on Mac; search Rocksmith 2014 convert PC Mac. It’s on GitHub.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Nick Beat said:

При необходимости вы можете использовать любой легальный ODLC, который вы приобрели. Это просто означает, что вам придется изменить AppID всех CDLC, чтобы они соответствовали этому. Для этого у вас есть инструменты.

В Windows это может сделать Customs Forge Song Manager. На Mac есть инструмент преобразования; поиск Rocksmith 2014 преобразовать ПК Mac. Это на GitHub.

I think I got it. Thank you very much for your answer. dreamed of playing rocksmith for more than ten years. But when this dream came true, I face difficulties at every step because i'm a noob) 

Glad we could help!

i was thinking about the Cherub Rock thing and wondering when that might become an issue for someone.  We twist on that, though!

If you have other issues, feel free to ask.

Also, consider joining the Discord group as it has more traffic so you might get better help faster 🙂

Good luck!

2 hours ago, Nick Beat said:

i was thinking about the Cherub Rock thing and wondering when that might become an issue for someone.

In about 8 months it will be more of an issue more often as Cherub Rock is set to de-list Oct 22, 2023 according to Riff Repeater's info

I'm not sure care would be the correct word for me, or those of us that do already have Cherub Rock. It does not effect us or the creation of CDLCs. What or whom it does pertain to are those that after November join and the guides still say "must have Cherub Rock" to use the CDLCs.

There will be an influx of those like the above poster who have no means of obtaining that ID number and have to do it the difficult way like the above poster and you already do.

I found a legal solution for those who can't buy "Cherub Rock". 
Guys from Russia, Belarus and other sanctioned countries. You can get it like a steam-gift from a friend from another country. Today i tested this method with a friend from Ukraine and this works great.

On 2/18/2023 at 4:58 PM, Sniper Reload3d said:

Cherub Rock needs to be downloaded and in the game as cdlcs are supposed to use that song ID. Check to make sure that it is showing in game.

you also need the .dll

enabler is supposed to do it automatically:

https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/CDLCEnabler

the .dll if done manually needs to be in the Rocksmith 2014 folder:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ZKYtpB0vu2U3RLa1ZvdmxJczg/view?resourcekey=0-fbWMN9R83EFvASSbAIgNbA

maybe be pertinent to others if that doesn't work what windows version you are using. there has been issues with w11

thx for the help! sorry for the long response. 😅 I had just stopped checking it out until now. Turns out my problem was how the song was written, so it didn't appear in the game 🤦‍♀️