How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

@ indigo242 Pardon me, my mistake, I think.

Click on the arrow next to the download symbol, then click view record... That takes you to the actual item; then when you are there at the top right you can click on the approriate OS download....

The download arrow itself should work unless you've got a blocker of some kind. I asked about Firefox because that's the case by default. I've given up on Safari because it's incompatible with so many things so often; and Chrome is also problematic for many things...

I can give it a whirl and see what I get... But this will work in the meantime, I think.

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 4.26.00 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 4.27.34 PM.png

I don't know why you are getting a link like that.

As Nick Beat said, I am assuming it is a pop up blocker causing problems for you.

Try this link and select the mac DL see if that works for you:

https://ignition4.customsforge.com/cdlc/71775

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OCskIY_8YCrbglKjRIjSIi_svVHjie7c/view

Apologies, I failed to do a proper search on this very thread. On the previous page (32) someone describes my exact issue. 

Apparently the patch tool on Windows 11 only shows desktop, in that same post there is a handy link from another user to download the DLL directly, put that in my Rocksmith folder and everything works a treat. 

I feel ashamed for missing this and happy to be able to play custom songs again. Thanks!

@ charliehobbes No worries! If I'd understood better, I might have suggested looking above, so I'm just as much at fault. Anyway, you're probably the first person so far who has had the foresight to check the backlog! Usually we just repeat everything again and again and again.... So no apology necessary, on the contrary! Thanks for being proactive!

Enjoy the customs 🙂

Hi, 

I have a Windows 11, I just bought a steam copy of the rocksmith remastered and tried to do the steps mentioned here, but I still can't see the CDLC inside the game. Here is what I've tried:

- downloaded the modinstaller.exe file

- moved the rocksmith from steam folder to desktop

- applied the patch using the modinstaller.exe file

- paste the D3DX9_42.dll file to the rocksmith folder

- moved the modded rocksmith folder back to the steam folder

Opened the game and I only see the regular songs... (I do have cherub rock dlc)

What else should I do to make this work?

16 hours ago, rodrigo1120 said:

Hi, 

I have a Windows 11, I just bought a steam copy of the rocksmith remastered and tried to do the steps mentioned here, but I still can't see the CDLC inside the game. Here is what I've tried:

- downloaded the modinstaller.exe file

- moved the rocksmith from steam folder to desktop

- applied the patch using the modinstaller.exe file

- paste the D3DX9_42.dll file to the rocksmith folder

- moved the modded rocksmith folder back to the steam folder

Opened the game and I only see the regular songs... (I do have cherub rock dlc)

What else should I do to make this work?

I did a few more steps, now it seems to work the DLCs:

-in a steam discussion about the same issue, an Ubisoft personnel said:

" 3. As a final workaround, can you please try installing another build of the game >
In your Steam library > right-click on the game > select Properties > select Beta tab > in the beta access code type > JustInCaseWeNeedIt > Check code"

-then I opened the game and did the following steps: [space button] > options > Restore default options > restart the game

Thank you for all the support, I hope his helps other people as well

@ rodrigo1120 glad you got it working.

That said, you should not have to use the Beta, and should not use the Beta. That is no longer the current version.

You should be able to make it work with the latest versions of everything.

if you decide to experiment, make a backup of why you have now just in case, though.

Good luck!

I'm trying to take a deep breath after spending all day on this, LOL.  I'm on the latest install of W11, a fresh install of RS14, turned off the onedrive desk top thing, dll is in the rocksmith folder.  I'm still getting the message from the mod intaller that the dlc folder can't be found even though i just manually selected it. All my Dlc is there and works but Cdlc will show up and look great until you try to play it and then it freezes.  I hate to say I've grown into an old fart and am not as tech savy as I used to be so any help would be appreciated.

Hi havent been to this site in many, many years, just rewatched the tutuorial, and I'm sure the answer to my question is on here but i"m doing a really terrible job of finding it. This will be a really stupid question but I seem to recall that when I had used this before there can be multiple versions of the same song, if you download more than one, even though its a different  file it gets over written. Probably because the name is the same but maybe there is a reason I'm not aware of or don't remeber. If I wanted to compare versions side by side, I would need them to not overwrite each other obviously. What would be the proper way of doing that and not screwing things up? Yes stupid question, I'd just like to possibly save time and headaches incase there is something I'm not aware of. Thank you 

Easy solution. Rename the first one, or rename both then put them in to the DLC folder.

i.e.: SongName_Artist_ChartAuthor_p.psarc assuming it is in windows, m.psarc for mac.

or: SongName_Artist_(2)_p.psarc (for windows) will even work.

As long as the songs have a different id number this will work. If it has the same ID number it may either it will  hang or crash the game.

you might not know what one is which one in game though when you cue the song in game.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PrincessWho said:

I know this must have told before i did everything as instructed and nothing appears in my game. I wonder what I did wrong ?🤔 Should I only have the smashing pumpkins dlc downloaded ? should I try erasing it and re-downloading it again ? I'm lost here 😟

Cherub Rock needs to be downloaded and in the game as cdlcs are supposed to use that song ID. Check to make sure that it is showing in game.

you also need the .dll

enabler is supposed to do it automatically:

https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/CDLCEnabler

the .dll if done manually needs to be in the Rocksmith 2014 folder:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ZKYtpB0vu2U3RLa1ZvdmxJczg/view?resourcekey=0-fbWMN9R83EFvASSbAIgNbA

maybe be pertinent to others if that doesn't work what windows version you are using. there has been issues with w11

FWIW strictly speaking any purchased ODLC will do; the advantage is that all CDLC on CustomsForge are keyed to the ID of Cherub Rock, meaning no extra work is necessary to rekey everything.

With regards to W11, the issue is discussed earlier in this thread, so if you’re in that boat, have a quick look.

• 2 weeks later...

Heyo all!

After a long time, I'm coming back to RS2014 and CDLCs.

I've got no trouble downloading CDLCs, but I'd like to know if there's a WAY to display a list all the tracks I've put in my collection in the past? So far, I can intuitively get only artists I've liked or preferred or whatever it's called, but I don't see how I can display only the tracks I've collected before.

I figured, I'll ask. And here I am ^^

Thanks in advance 🙂

Edit: Oh! And BTW, when I tried to launch the CDLCEnabler, it wouldn't launch on my computer. Double click, nada. Also, monitoring the task manager, it just opens and closes, only a fraction of a second. I downloaded the dll and got the CDLCs to work, but just so you know, on some PCs it doesn't seem to work.

Edited by Elchafr
forgot to talk about enabler

Hi

welcome back to RS!

if you have W11 there have been issues reported and solutions offered; see higher up!

For the other thing ill check in the morning when I boot up if you still need help. (I’m assuming your sign-in hasn’t changed…)