How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

So from what I understand, if you're on Ventura you are going to have issues (though I'm not too privy to all the details; you can check the Discord #mac-os channel to see what's going on).

Other than that, just go to the Use CDLC tab at the top here, and you'll see the link to patches. They are kept up-to-date.

@ Jaskavarpunen I assume you have tried what is posted in this link above when you say 'first page'? If that doesn't work, then, are you using Ventura? There are issues with that upgrade....

The best place to get up-to-date intel on what to do on Mac is in the Discord discussion on #mac-os. It's essentially current.

10 hours ago, Indy19XX said:

I have Cherub Rock, I have used the "DOWNLOAD our tool to install the fix" I have downloaded a couple songs and copied the p.Psarc to */Rocksmoyth2014/DLC/CDLC, still not showing the songs on Rocksmith.  What step am I missing?

If cherub rock is showing up in game, you've got no filters on and they still aren't showing up

Browse locale files on steam to make sure they're in the right dlc folder, since most people with this issue have the game installed twice and have put them in the wrong games dlc folder.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

5 hours ago, coldrampage said:

Browse locale files on steam to make sure they're in the right dlc folder, since most people with this issue have the game installed twice and have put them in the wrong games dlc folder.

I meant to get to this before somebody responded to say it was user error, that's exactly what happened.  Thank you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all. So I am building a new pc and want to get my new install of RS14 Re on my new pc setup for CDLC and was curious if the 1st post in this thread is still effective even after the recent updates. I remember a little while ago reading on Reddit of people having issues with an update and I have been playing RS14 in 'offline' mode in Steam to avoid the updates so I may be a bit out of the loop. I'm just trying to avoid any delays so I can spend more time playing and not diagnosing some issue I could have avoided with a question here. Thanks in advance to all.

Hi! So, the simple answer is that if you instal RS2014, make sure it works, first. Then, if you want to do CDLC, you will need to instal the DLL patch, and you will need at least one purchased DLC (a.k.a. ODLC, for ‘original’).

It can be anything you like, however note that: if it’s Cherub Rock, all CDLC will work with no further fuss. If it isn’t, then you’ll need to use a utility to override the internal ID of the CDLCs to match the one you’ve purchased. Your choice.

(I’m assuming that PC means Windows, as you’re building yourself: for Mac there are a few more issues).

HTH!

• Thanks 1

If i remember correctly, hopefully I am;

go into control panel, sound, select your speakers or whatever you're using as speakers, properties, advanced tab,

make sure 16 48000HZ (DVD Quality) is selected,

there should also be 2 boxes,

Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device (and)

Give exclusive mode applications priority.

make sure both are checked.

again, I hope I am remembering correctly.

Hello there.

I'm coming here with a weird issue.

Yesterday, I reset my computer (brand new Win11). Re-install all my audio setup (just a scarlett 3rd gen), Rsasio files, rsmods, rocksmith toolkit, everything works great.
Then, I tried to play some DLC (official, I mean). And I can't understand why I'm able to play my Foo Fighters songs pack, but not my Green Day and Muse song pack ! The game reacts like I didn't purchase them... I have this issues with my some Disturbed songs as well, but not all them, strangely...

Never had this kind of issues before ! So if someone has an idea, I'll take it. 🤘

17 hours ago, guitarrocks said:

@ Izzy could you please continue to provide the DLL directly in the first post? The CDLC Enabler executable doesn't work with Linux.

How can you make Rocksmith work on Linux? I tried, it starts, but it has a huge lag in voice recording. sometimes almost a second between playing the guitar and hearing/seeing the voice played. With pluseaudio in wine I don't even see the tone cable, with Alsa it's working, but there is this huge lag.
How do you do it?