How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

@ indigo242 @ AnotherDeadHero Additional comment: there are two other possibilities that I know of. 1) some CDLC are broken due to the upgrade of RS recently. I have a few which used to work and don't anymore. Not much to be done about them unless they are recreated, I imagine. (What the issue is, I don't know; one would not expect the internals of .psarc to have changed but maybe they were badly done or done long ago.) 2) the ID in the CDLCs has not been made to conform to a purchased ODLC which you have, for example, Cherub Rock (I don't have Cherub Rock, so I've updated all CDLC to match some other ODLC).

@ indigo242 @ AnotherDeadHero Also: as I wanted to make sure I wasn't sending you on a wild goose chase, I tested RS as I only really play it on Mac these days when I'm helping others. Steam updated. After that, RS stayed as 'loading' without actually loading. I had to reboot, and even after that the first once or twice it wouldn't work, but it has since loaded and I have verified that the one CDLC I have on the Mac worked just fine. So no reason it shouldn't work as far as I can tell.

FWIW I'm on Monterey 12.6 (21G115)

I've tried searching, but I'm unfamiliar with this forum. First post here.

I have a 100% legit copy of RS2014 Remastered , bought from steam. I've let it  update, as everyone says the CDLC enabler is fixed. However, when I run the enabler, it tells me I have a pirated copy of the game. This is, in fact, not true. Any idea how I can fix this? I  also can't seem to get RSMods up and running, but, that's a different topic

7 hours ago, listerfeend said:

I've tried searching, but I'm unfamiliar with this forum. First post here.

I have a 100% legit copy of RS2014 Remastered , bought from steam. I've let it  update, as everyone says the CDLC enabler is fixed. However, when I run the enabler, it tells me I have a pirated copy of the game. This is, in fact, not true. Any idea how I can fix this? I  also can't seem to get RSMods up and running, but, that's a different topic

If you're getting the piracy error the cdlc enabler you're using is expecting a different game version. Same thing happens for rsmods, even if it let you install it it wouldn't work on that game version.

If you're just running your old installer for cdlc enabler/rsmods or are on the beta branch of rocksmith you'd also get this error so you'd need to download the new ones yourself.

Could try installing the dll manually tho.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ZKYtpB0vu2U3RLa1ZvdmxJczg/view?usp=sharing

• Thanks 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

3 hours ago, coldrampage said:

If you're getting the piracy error the cdlc enabler you're using is expecting a different game version. Same thing happens for rsmods, even if it let you install it it wouldn't work on that game version.

If you're just running your old installer for cdlc enabler/rsmods you'd also get this error and you need to download the new ones yourself.

Could try installing the dll manually tho.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ZKYtpB0vu2U3RLa1ZvdmxJczg/view?usp=sharing

Thanks. I have been downloading the one from the links you have been sharing. I'll attempt the manual install. Thank you again

On 10/13/2022 at 2:14 AM, Nick Beat said:

@ indigo242 @ AnotherDeadHero Note the #mac-os channel in Discord, where you may get more experienced help.

When I run steam, right-click on RS, then Properties, then Local files, the option-right-click the app, it opens the bundle and we can see what's inside with Show Package Contents.

If I open Contents, then MacOS, I see this. It would be helpful to know what's the same or different on your set-up.

As for RSMods, can't help you there. Mac support has always been a bit more touch-and-go, and the tools weren't crafted with Mac in mind. My installation is just vanilla.

I'm assuming that you've run the patch as directed (rather than the DLL as with PC). It's at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ZKYtpB0vu2WnJWZzdtUkp6SU0/view?usp=sharing

HTH. I'm out for the next hours, will check here again when I get back.

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 12.07.33 PM.png

Thanks for the help mate. Everything matched up as to what you've said. I checked the discord app as you suggested and found a comment on there about resinstalling RS plus the patch. Well I was a little apprehensive about reinstalling RS, but I tried installing a fresh copy of the pach and voila....it worked!!  CDLCs now play as they should. I have hundreds of CDLCs so this is a huge relief. Thanks a heap.

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2022 at 1:26 AM, DevilAngel said:

Not at all sadly =[

Having the same issue.   

First the patch doesnt work even though my copy of RS is legit.

When I put the DLL in the folder, the game doesnt start.   If I take it out, it works..

uggh.

Mac or PC? Make sure *everything* is fully up-to-date. That includes RS and any mods. It only works when all are in synch.

For PC try comments in Discord #support, Mac #mac-os. There are issues in a few cases but mostly they’ve been sorted there....

On 10/12/2022 at 5:12 PM, Nick Beat said:

Most welcome! May I ask what the fix was? May help with others. Thanks!

Thanks Nick!  I did what you suggested - updated everything and the re-loaded the MAC patches successfully..  and just started working! 

Now that it is working, I'm wondering how I can convert songs from PC to Mac format - there are so many songs that I can't access because I'm using the mac - from what I'm reading, it looks like the the tool won't work with my updated version of Monterey 12.6?  Any help would be appreciated! 

3 hours ago, Nick Beat said:

Perfect, thanks!

as a matter of fact I just became aware of a tool which does exactly that courtesy of a Discord post…

try this https://GitHub.com/Glebb /rocksmithconvert/releases

let us know how it goes!

just a heads up: 404 Error at that link

Started playing Bass with Rocksmith April 2019

On 10/15/2022 at 5:39 AM, Nick Beat said:

Mac or PC? Make sure *everything* is fully up-to-date. That includes RS and any mods. It only works when all are in synch.

For PC try comments in Discord #support, Mac #mac-os. There are issues in a few cases but mostly they’ve been sorted there....

Im on PC... Im pretty certain my RS is up to date.   In steam, there doesnt seem to be any available updates.  Is there a way to manually have it check for updates.

I’m not sure what you’re asking, since you say “manually” but also “have it check for updates, which sounds automatic… Sorry…

if you mean, can you force RS to be reinstalled, then that’s a yes; if you mean, can you have it update the patch automatically, then no….

ultimately, the issue is: ensure you have the latest TS, the latest patch, and the latest adjuncts (RSmods, RSASIO) and ordinarily it should work. There are a very few oddball cases, you can scan the #support channel on Discord to read or enquire about those….

If I go into Steam (which just updated for me, btw) and then right-click RS in the left game list, look at properties, then updates, I get this (where you can see the current version of RS):

image.png.d93ef5b0b7f0d4d88126be10a7492599.png

The people on Discord can tell you which Build ID the patch is co-ordinated with. Is that what you're wondering about?

Just scanning the Discord #sup;port and saw something about CustomsForge having somehow reverted to an earlier version of something, with the suggestion to try this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aD6Yb0XYl1a8tWOKmyGV_VPtoAhwvkNt/view

(Hope I'm not leading you down the garden path here...) UPDATE: no, apparently it is the DLL which is currently wrong, so yes, you can try this link; apparently it may also fix some other conflicts.

The build id I show above is the latest, apparently, as per a discord messge from Sep 25

Edited by Nick Beat
additional info

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, unclegrandma said:

the CFSM download link is broken? Is there any other way to redownload the program?

Have you tried this one?
https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/CFSM

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

1 hour ago, coldrampage said:

Hey thanks! So i got it redownloaded and redirected it to my library again and now song previews will play but when i choose a song i just get stuck on the loading screen and the song never loads i end up having to close Rocksmith. 😮 got any ideas? 

everything was working fine a couple months ago but i did a clean windows install since then 

Just now, unclegrandma said:

Hey thanks! So i got it redownloaded and redirected it to my library again and now song previews will play but when i choose a song i just get stuck on the loading screen and the song never loads i end up having to close Rocksmith. 😮 got any ideas? 

everything was working fine a couple months ago but i did a clean windows install since then 

You need to run this. CFSM doesn't allow you to play cdlc it just manages the files.
https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/CDLCEnabler

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

So after months of concentrating on graduate school and not picking up rocksmith, I came back. To my surprise, the game does not work for me anymore. I tried downloading the dll again and ran the RS2014-Mod-Installer.exe file. The game launches but it freezes. Can anyone point me to the right direction?