How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

Hi, first of all this is my first post, so go easy.

Second, the ability to play and the collection of CDLC is truly amazing. I am incredibly grateful for all the hard work that has been put in to get it here.

Now... since the steam update that (inadvertently) broke CDLC... I stayed on the old branch for a while and that still works fine.

I finally allowed the update (came off the old "beta" branch) yesterday, installed the new dll and everything seemed to work fine... happy days!!

But then tonight, I tried multiplayer, and there seems to be a display glitch that hides the content for the second (bottom) player. You can see it's there in the background (like it's behind frosted glass), but it appears to just be the glow layer, so completely unplayable. You can just see the strings when they light up ready for notes or tuning.

(This happens on a win10 PC- slightly different issue on a win11 laptop that looks like an overlay issue (Attached)

I don't know if this issue has been reported with multiplayer - sorry if it's already known - i just thought i should let somebody know.

(i've since gone back to the beta, and didn't take a screenshot at the time.)

Cheers.

image.png

Hi!

Always nice to welcome a new participant! And I think you’ll find that everyone here is very friendly and will bend over backwards to help!

I don’t remember hearing anyone comment on multiplayer issues in some time, and, unless I missed it, not recently since the update. As I wasn’t involved in the patching I can’t help directly, but the Coders that Be may be able to respond….

18 hours ago, DJ_Eatch said:

Hi, first of all this is my first post, so go easy.

Second, the ability to play and the collection of CDLC is truly amazing. I am incredibly grateful for all the hard work that has been put in to get it here.

Now... since the steam update that (inadvertently) broke CDLC... I stayed on the old branch for a while and that still works fine.

I finally allowed the update (came off the old "beta" branch) yesterday, installed the new dll and everything seemed to work fine... happy days!!

But then tonight, I tried multiplayer, and there seems to be a display glitch that hides the content for the second (bottom) player. You can see it's there in the background (like it's behind frosted glass), but it appears to just be the glow layer, so completely unplayable. You can just see the strings when they light up ready for notes or tuning.

(This happens on a win10 PC- slightly different issue on a win11 laptop that looks like an overlay issue (Attached)

I don't know if this issue has been reported with multiplayer - sorry if it's already known - i just thought i should let somebody know.

(i've since gone back to the beta, and didn't take a screenshot at the time.)

Cheers.

Someone on facebook managed to fix this issue by changing the display resolution of rocksmith (as the update had changed it?)

It seems to be a fairly rare issue with only a handful of people experiencing this and we're not too sure what is causing it yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

38 minutes ago, Kernalunitus said:

anyone have a fix for the new september update for mac users?🥲

Re-running the mac patch should sort it.
https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/33889-how-to-add-custom-songs-on-mac/&do=findComment&comment=371300

If you need help try asking in the mac-os channel in the cf discord, since I don't have a mac and can' t be much help.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

I do have a Mac and used to run RS on it, but have stopped since I bought the PC last year. However, I can try things if that would help. Later today I can try to run some CDLC and see what happens, before and after reapplying the patch....

• Like 1

@ coldrampage @ Kernalunitus

Ok, so this was a bit of a PITA because I got rid of all CDLC on my Mac, so I had to go grab one, convert, bla bla bla...

In any case:

1. opened Steam and RS had a kind of recycle symbol on it, so looks to me like it updated itself (but not Steam)
  2. I was able to play ODLC
  3. I was able to run a CDLC up to tuning the strings, but after that I got the loudspeaker screen of death (i.e., couldn't get into the song)
  4. I tried the patch as indicated in the video, which didn't work due to security on the Mac.
  5. Then I tried the patch given in Use CDLC, i.e., https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ZKYtpB0vu2WnJWZzdtUkp6SU0/view?usp=sharing; same issue, so I went in to System Preferences and gave the thing permission to run despite being unsafe.
  6. Next time, Steam updated itself, then I got into RS, ODLC worked fine, and the CDLC also worked fine.

Short version: applying the patch in the link above will fix the problem so long as you override permissions in System Preferences > Security & Privacy. (I didn't spend time looking to see whether the two patches are in fact the same, could be the first one would have worked had I done the override.)

Let us know whether this works for you, @ Kernalunitus !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coldrampage said:

Someone on facebook managed to fix this issue by changing the display resolution of rocksmith (as the update had changed it?)

It seems to be a fairly rare issue with only a handful of people experiencing this and we're not too sure what is causing it yet.

No way... this totally worked, on both systems!

(I changed it to exclusive full screen and re-selected the same resolution)

Thank you so much for your help on this.

Now I'm off to try and track Blink-182 myself in EOF, as i wasn't fast enough to get it before delisting ;-( and it was the sound of my adolescence!

• Like 2

On 9/22/2022 at 9:08 AM, Nick Beat said:

Files with …_p.psarc are The Windows versions of CDLC; that’s what that ending means, and they go in with the other DLCs. What you want to put in the installation folder is the .DLL file to enable everything.

What part of the instructions are you referring to, exactly?

got it all sorted thank you

• Like 1

Greetings!

First of all I'd like to open my first post by thanking everyone who worked on making Rocksmith custom songs possible, as well as every CDLC author. You've all greatly increased my Rocksmith enjoyment.

Now onto the main subject: I'm having an issue with one of my CDLCs, the game crashes back to desktop whenever I try to play it. I can select it in the menu, the tuning screen appears as usual, but as soon as the track loads, I get sent back to my desktop. No "Rocksmith is not responding", no crash report window opening, nothing. Just straight to desktop. (I'm playing on RS2014 Remastered)

I can't go find the link right now, but it's "A Declaration of XXX" by Raise A Suilen.

Of course, considering the number of CDLCs available, there are bound to be some that are broken, I normally wouldn't mind it that much. The thing is, I somehow was able to play it once when it came up in nonstop play, only once though because I tried again and it also crashes now. Tried in score attack as well, still crashing. I did try every arrangement, same result for all.

I'm not sure whether it's on my end or not, since it's the only CDLC I have this issue with, however it actually worked fine that one time so I don't think the file is at fault?

• Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 7:14 PM, Nitlda said:

Greetings!

First of all I'd like to open my first post by thanking everyone who worked on making Rocksmith custom songs possible, as well as every CDLC author. You've all greatly increased my Rocksmith enjoyment.

Now onto the main subject: I'm having an issue with one of my CDLCs, the game crashes back to desktop whenever I try to play it. I can select it in the menu, the tuning screen appears as usual, but as soon as the track loads, I get sent back to my desktop. No "Rocksmith is not responding", no crash report window opening, nothing. Just straight to desktop. (I'm playing on RS2014 Remastered)

I can't go find the link right now, but it's "A Declaration of XXX" by Raise A Suilen.

Of course, considering the number of CDLCs available, there are bound to be some that are broken, I normally wouldn't mind it that much. The thing is, I somehow was able to play it once when it came up in nonstop play, only once though because I tried again and it also crashes now. Tried in score attack as well, still crashing. I did try every arrangement, same result for all.

I'm not sure whether it's on my end or not, since it's the only CDLC I have this issue with, however it actually worked fine that one time so I don't think the file is at fault?

Guess the new update changed something since it used to work fine for me too. I tried repacking the file in dlc builder and regenerated all the ID's/keys but it still crashes for some reason.

I'll remake the whole song from scratch tomorrow since I've now got the tab book to work off and hope that'll sort it.

Update: Nearly done just needs a bit more work. Should take another day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/29/2022 at 9:10 PM, coldrampage said:

Guess the new update changed something since it used to work fine for me too. I tried repacking the file in dlc builder and regenerated all the ID's/keys but it still crashes for some reason.

I'll remake the whole song from scratch tomorrow since I've now got the tab book to work off and hope that'll sort it.

Update: Nearly done just needs a bit more work. Should take another day.

Thanks for the quick answer! Could definitely be the update, but it's still kind of strange to me how it was crashing the game, then one time it worked fine and then it crashes again. But I guess it's not important anymore if you're remaking the CDLC.

Thanks again for your work!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nitlda said:

Thanks for the quick answer! Could definitely be the update, but it's still kind of strange to me how it was crashing the game, then one time it worked fine and then it crashes again. But I guess it's not important anymore if you're remaking the CDLC.

Thanks again for your work!

Finally finished it, enjoy
https://ignition4.customsforge.com/cdlc/45098

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@ zargoslord Depending upon your installation, it may not be as simple as that.

Let Steam update. Let RS update. THEN put the DLL in place (the newest one). Then, if you have any other stuff (RSASIO, RSMods), you need to update those as well. In my case, I had to do all of these for it to work.

If all else fails, take the view that you're doing this for the first time, and start from scratch.

• Like 1

Ok, did you either buy Cherub Rock OR change the IDs of all your psarc files to something you did buy? You must have at least one purchased DLC for this to work.

I assume the answer is yes, since you say 'they no longer appear'; I assume they did before (before the recent update when RS+ launched)?

In which case, can you drop a screen shot of the RS directory?

Thank you for the explanations. To make it simple I reinstalled the game via steam I put the custom dlcs in the steamapps/common/dlc folder but they did not appear, it was other dlcs that appeared. After different tests I found an identical folder steamapps/common/dlc on a hard disk on my computer. The game launches the dlc which are there and not that of the programesfiles86. So I don't really know how to make everything go back to normal but in any case it works...

• Like 1

Finally I just saw that I have a libraryfolders.vdf file
containing this:
"path" "G:\\SteamLibrary"
"label"        ""
"contentid" "6322617947846508537"
"totalsize" "3000457228288"
"update_clean_bytes_tally" "78354048682"
"time_last_update_corruption" "0"
"apps"
{
"221680" "6936870254"