How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

16 hours ago, MyChemicalRobin said:

Dammit. I just installed the game and DLCs last night...

Edit: This lets me start the game but the game doesn't load any songs after tuning.

Edit 2: I applied the beta code "JustInCaseWeNeedIt" on Steam then I opened CustomsForge Song Manager and clicked "Validate D3DX9_42" and it worked.

This, this is all you need.  Worked like a charm for now, until a more permanent fix can be designed by someone much better at this stuff than me.

Hey everyone. Ok here’s the issue I do own a key for RS2014 when the beta came out I played it of course. But after I installed it I started having issues game crash. Then I tried to reinstall it. But it started say my key was bad. Long story short I have went back and forth with Ubisoft and Steam they can’t find my account. Each was blaming the other finally I sad screw it and went and bought another copy of the game. But they said that all my DLC’s were tied to the first account. So on and for about year in 1/2 no luck. Finally they said just play it offline. But I kinda have a issue with missing things I paid for. So now the new one is out. It’s really sad that they can’t get it fixed. But now I can’t play any of my CDLC’s the game locks up every time. But then on top of that the song unlocker says my game it pirated when it’s not. So what am I supposed to do if you guys are blocking me and everytime it sends me to the website to buy it. So heeeelp. 

CDLCs have nothing to do with Ubisoft or Steam. If you have a working RS2014 (never mind purchased DLC, can’t help you there), you need to install the DLL file to enable CDLC. On the menu for this site, look at Use CDLC and it will walk you through what you need to do to get CDLC up and running. Note that you either need Cherub Rock legally purchased or you need to update all CDLC to use an ID corresponding to one you have purchased. Either way, you need one legally purchased ODLC (Original DLC) to do anything at all.

btw most of the gurus hang out on the Discord #support channel for F you need detailed help.

Actually after the last steam update cdlc's stop working all together found out that if you reset steam back to the steam befor the update and they all work. It  worked for me. I think everyone doesn't know that and are having a fit cuz it's not working.  Got the new Rocksmith+ the library sucks bill balls they have me for three months if it doesn't get better I'm gone

1 hour ago, Nick Beat said:

They’ve patched the DLL now and RSASIO so you don’t need the old Steam anymore. They were still working in RSMods, not sure of the status of that.

Just so you know. Glad you got it going!

rs mods and rocksniffer are also back up and running again so pretty much everything's been fixed by now.
https://github.com/Lovrom8/RSMods/releases
https://github.com/kokolihapihvi/RockSniffer/releases

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Files with …_p.psarc are The Windows versions of CDLC; that’s what that ending means, and they go in with the other DLCs. What you want to put in the installation folder is the .DLL file to enable everything.

What part of the instructions are you referring to, exactly?

I am having an issue with the cdlc, and it isn't anything I am seeing here. I have the dll file in the rocksmith folder like I am supposed to. But I am still unable to play the songs, and I have cherub rock purchased I seen everyone had issues like myself, and i uninstalled steam and reinstalled everything. Anyways, if anyone can help a brother out here I would greatly appreciate it!

Ok, so here's how it looks on my system, not sure about yours as I don't see the folders, but anyway, yes, the one you download these days is the one you said, provided you did it just recently. It changed about 120 days ago (I'm terrible with times and dates):

image.thumb.png.127be88dad385ff176a0b9e51f085622.png

21 minutes ago, Nick Beat said:

Ok, so here's how it looks on my system, not sure about yours as I don't see the folders, but anyway, yes, the one you download these days is the one you said, provided you did it just recently. It changed about 120 days ago (I'm terrible with times and dates):

image.thumb.png.127be88dad385ff176a0b9e51f085622.png

i did just notice your file says 127kb and mine is 131kb. is there something possibly wrong with the file that i have? i know it is supposed to be the same thing, but thats drawing a red flag to me.

2 hours ago, BadBoyRoy said:

i did just notice your file says 127kb and mine is 131kb. is there something possibly wrong with the file that i have? i know it is supposed to be the same thing, but thats drawing a red flag to me.

You have a (1) on the end of the filename so it is still using the old one.

Run this, it'll install the dll properly for you.
https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/CDLCEnabler

• Like 2

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype