How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

On 2/19/2022 at 4:52 PM, ChuLee said:

Hi ! You may have forgotten the D3DX9_42.dll ? You have to download and put it in your Rocksmith folder ! I did have the same problem, but now it works !

I did that before ever even downloading the cdlc but I get the issue of it soft locking when I try and play the songs

In general, the answer to that is that CustomsForge encourages members to support Ubisoft/Rocksmith, i.e.,, if the song existed officially etc., can't be offered as a CDLC, and by extension I think you can take it that you won't get any assistance in trying to bypass having a legitimate copy of the software via Steam.

(If I've misunderstood the question, I apologize, and of course I don't speak for "CustomsForge" as such, but that would be my take based on my understanding of the situation.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2022 at 7:00 PM, Mao46 said:

Hello, I use cdlc since i own Rocksmith and for most of the time i can handle the patch things........ but since a few weeks, it doesn´t work anymore. i followed the rules and everytime after installing the patch, Rocksmith crashes. I also deleted every file from the common folder. I really need my cdlcs because iám really addicted to Rocksmith...... but my favorite Songs are cdlc...... i´m relly frustated.... So plz. Help me.

I use a Macbook Pro M1 2020 with Montery, latest Version

If you need more Infos or the Crash report, tell me.

Hope someone can help.

Greetings

i have use iMac 2021 M1 and getting same issue for CDLC. Who can you?

On 7/24/2022 at 7:37 PM, nickiward74 said:

I've figured it out! Then I popped my B string trying to tune for a Slipknot song...

Hi, how did you solve it? I'm in the same situation. Everything all new from Steam, dll copied, Cherub Rock bought, dlc folder appears, CDLC copied, CDLC appears in menu, ... and the game freezes when I launch them.

Someone (maybe you) was mentioning how the game was not on his C folder. I know I had some issues with this with an Assassin's Creed game (also from Ubisoft...). Maybe the problem is the same for this game?

EDIT : woops, I actually replaced the DLC I got from another source (right one but must be another version) by the one from this page, and now it works!! Me happy 🙂

Edited by Air-G_616
Solution found

13 minutes ago, Joheinous said:

I downloaded the thing to the dlc folder, made a custom scrotum folder, added a few downloaded songs to it, then booted up Rocksmith 2014, selected a downloaded song, then nothing... The fretboard doesn't even show and I'm looking at a blanc wall. What happened?

The .dll goes in the root folder of the rocksmith install directory not the dlc folder.

This'll install it for you.
https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/CDLCEnabler

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Hi! I've been a longtime user of CDLC, and I even was just playing with CDLC last night. I'd consider myself pretty knowledgable when it comes to solving computer problems, however this one has me stumped.

I got onto my computer today to try and play and Rocksmith wouldn't start. I've tried a large variety of fixes to get it going, up to a clean, fresh install. I have removed all CDLC files and left only the base songs and DLCs that I've purchased. If I start it like that, it will start up just fine. Even if I add my CDLC  to it, it still works (of course). However the instant I add the DLL to enable CDLC, the game refuses to start and if I use the automated patcher that coldrampage provided a link to, it tells me that my game is pirated and/or stolen. Which is definitely not the case.

Is there a step that I'm missing somehow after all this time? I have a legitimate downloaded copy of Cherub Rock, which is the only other step I remember and can see in the instructions. Or did it just break overnight or something? I'm also up to date on DX9 if that's a possible reason. I just don't understand how it can work for hours last night and then just suddenly not when my pc hasn't changed from last night. (no pesky windows updates, I do those manually.)

Thanks in advance for any help.

These bastards just started to sell Rocksmith+ for billion$ per year and trying to kill it's competitor - Rocksmith 2014. They never care about patching 2014 version of game and just now they released a patch with "Bug fixes"... and of course they trying to make that 2014 won't work for people, they deleting DLCs - they posted this info, and expecting that people will pay for Rocksmith+.

This is just such asshole strategy, I have no words to explain this! I hate such people. 
I bought the game, I bought a cable for 50$ which are terrible quality and from all library I interested in like 5 songs, but all my interest were in CDLC (I bought Cherub rock too, of course). And today my R2014 wont start... I started research and find out that they are playing dirty games with 2014 version to force people to pay hundreds per year for plus version. It's ridiculous!

Ubisoft are worst and greedyest company from all I know, they trying to make every game like a casing, where you must pay in game to get something. And this is not enough - they trying to kill r2014 to force people pay for new versions - bastards!

As of taking an update on 2022-09-10 and had this custom dll on my PC,  I was not able to run RS2014; however, I did notice when I removed the custom dll, Rocksmith began to work but none of the songs from Customs Forge titles were playable.   I performed the following instructions from the linked post.  However,I dropped the custom dll back in the Rocksmith directory instead of using the verify button inside the manager.  I think an uninstall is unnecessary, just applying beta code in steam is it:

• Like 1

The following solution worked for me and I´m happy that it does. 🙂

First in your Web-Browser open the following link:

steam://nav/console

Click on the button "open steam" on the message that appeared.

Then download the older Version of Rocksmith 2014:

The generic command to download a specific Version i found in the steam docs:

download_depot <appid> <depotid> <manifestid>

For PC:

download_depot 221680 221681 6723575466552698766

For Mac:

download_depot 221680 221682 7701843782525516716

Then it will show you where the version have been downloaded to:

e.g. 

Depot download complete : "E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\content\app_221680\depot_221681" (93 files, manifest 6723575466552698766)

Then replace the content of the Folder where the game is installed with the files of the downloaded depot folder:

e.g.

E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014

Then use the BeatSaber method to prevent future updates:

https://i.imgur.com/4eFUbNx.png

Here you can always find the newest manifest id that you have to change in the appmanifest file.

https://steamdb.info/depot/221681/manifests/

The appmanifest file you will find at the following location:

...\Steam\steamapps\appmanifest_221680.acf

1st:

The `StateFlags` Value have to be changed from `6` to `4` so that it will be flagged that it is allready up2date.

2nd:

The `manifest` Value have to be changed from to the newest version. You can find the latest Version here: 

PC: 

"AppState"
{
	"appid"		"221680"
	"StateFlags"		"4"
	"InstalledDepots"
	{
		"221681"
		{
			"manifest"		"8947385950072815193"
			"size"		"6866729152"
		}
}

MAC: https://steamdb.info/depot/221682/manifests/

"AppState"
{
	"appid"		"221680"
	"StateFlags"		"4"
	"InstalledDepots"
	{
		"221682"
		{
			"manifest"		"4787497299038694780"
			"size"		"6866729152"
		}
}

If you have problems with connecting to ubisoft account inside the game, hit `ESC` the first two times until you see the profile screen.

Have fun. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2