How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

not using steam but still placed the DLL file in the root folder but RockSmith won't open/crashes upon opening. When i don't have the DLL in there Rock Smith opens without issue and i can see all the CDLC songs I have but none of them will start to play. I get to the point where the notes should appear but nothing loads after that. I had Chrub Rock already downloaded. (I have most on the DLC content already) any ideas what the issue could be. 

On 3/12/2021 at 11:21 AM, sidart said:

Hi,

This might be a silly question, but I have CDLC working for me. However I have noticed from time to time some of them just don't respond in the game. Like the song details page opens but when I click on play, the game just gets stuck there(before the tuning/amp load page. On the page where we can see the song completion percentage with alternate arrangements).

I have tried to repair it with the custom forge song manager but to no help. The interim solution is to remove it from the dlc folder and then import it again.

Anyone knows as to why it happens and what is a better solution, please let me know.

I'm having the same issue, although I am not using Steam. Let me know if you find a solution. 

21 minutes ago, zacattack19 said:

not using steam but still placed the DLL file in the root folder but RockSmith won't open/crashes upon opening.

If by "not using steam" you mean "using a pirated version of the non-remastered version" (which is against the sites rules) the .dll wont work since it only works for the remastered version.

Requirements to use CustomsForge:

A valid purchased copy of Rocksmith 2014 Remastered
https://store.steampowered.com/app/221680/Rocksmith_2014_Edition__Remastered/

From the rules.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2021 at 7:18 PM, coldrampage said:

If by "not using steam" you mean "using a pirated version of the non-remastered version" (which is against the sites rules) the .dll wont work since it only works for the remastered version.

From the rules.

I have a physical copy of it that I purchased from Amazon around 2015. So no, it is not a "pirated version".  But its is not the Remastered version. I guess you answered my question tho.....

1 hour ago, zacattack19 said:

I have a physical copy of it that I purchased from Amazon around 2015. So no, it is not a "pirated version".  But its is not the Remastered version. I guess you answered my question tho.....

I thought the physical copy just gave you a code for the steam version (which'd then update to remastered automatically), guess not.

Sure you can't activate it on steam somehow?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/221680/discussions/0/540742667686084119/

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Alphonse1596 said:

The link to the google drive file for the .dll is no longer working for me, just loads for a long time and then displays nothing once it's done. Please let me know of any other way to acquire it or when the issue is fixed

You could try this instead, it's basically just installer for the dll.
https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/CDLCEnabler

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/22/2014 at 7:30 PM, Izzy said:

You need to own Cherub Rock! All customs on this site use the AppID for the Cherub Rock DLC. You can find this DLC here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/248750/Rocksmith_2014__The_Smashing_Pumpkins___Cherub_Rock/

DOWNLOAD CUSTOM SONG FOR YOUR PLATFORM
INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

• PC:
    • DOWNLOAD the dll and place it into Rocksmith 2014 root folder;
      Thanks to Zephyrix for this patch.
    • Copy file: "_p.psarc" to "dlc";

• Mac:
  • XBox 360: Place files: "_xbox" to "Content>0000000000000000>555308C0>00000002";

• PS3: Install files: "_ps3.psarc.edat" to "/dev_hdd0/game/BLUS31182/USRDIR/DLC",
    if the folder DLC does not exist, just create it.

Note: If you are intending on using Custom DLCs on a PS3 or XBox, you MUST jailbreak your console first! 
Hacking or jailbreaking a console is beyond the scope of what we are doing here, and if you are not comfortable with doing it, you may want to simply buy the PC version of the game.

Note : For PC and MAC you might need to change the App ID of custom song package with RS Toolkit to App ID of an official DLC that you had bought (Cherub Rock is most used on customs). Any custom you decide to upload to CustomsForge however must use Cherub Rock as its AppID.

JUST PLAY IT !

All credit to MarineIguana, he created this, I am merely echoing it here.

when i change the dll file my rocksmith wont boot

On 2/23/2014 at 6:00 AM, Izzy said:

You need to own Cherub Rock! All customs on this site use the AppID for the Cherub Rock DLC. You can find this DLC here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/248750/Rocksmith_2014__The_Smashing_Pumpkins___Cherub_Rock/

DOWNLOAD CUSTOM SONG FOR YOUR PLATFORM
INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

• PC:
    • DOWNLOAD the dll and place it into Rocksmith 2014 root folder;
      Thanks to Zephyrix for this patch.
    • Copy file: "_p.psarc" to "dlc";

• Mac:
  • XBox 360: Place files: "_xbox" to "Content>0000000000000000>555308C0>00000002";

• PS3: Install files: "_ps3.psarc.edat" to "/dev_hdd0/game/BLUS31182/USRDIR/DLC",
    if the folder DLC does not exist, just create it.

Note: If you are intending on using Custom DLCs on a PS3 or XBox, you MUST jailbreak your console first! 
Hacking or jailbreaking a console is beyond the scope of what we are doing here, and if you are not comfortable with doing it, you may want to simply buy the PC version of the game.

Note : For PC and MAC you might need to change the App ID of custom song package with RS Toolkit to App ID of an official DLC that you had bought (Cherub Rock is most used on customs). Any custom you decide to upload to CustomsForge however must use Cherub Rock as its AppID.

JUST PLAY IT !

All credit to MarineIguana, he created this, I am merely echoing it here.

How about for a Jailbroken PS4? Just a random question by the way, I have no idea if my theory is correct yet that I commented on ChainBrains video on this type of tutorial.

• 2 weeks later...

when i ran the CDLC tool and it change the DLL.. rocksmith remaster no longer starts up and creates a Crash dump .MDMP im not sure why? is there an update causing conflict? am i missing something? All i would like to do is play Rocksmith remaster with cdlc as normal but seems like a tough challenge to accomplish.  I will try to validate files, reinstall, and start over again.  I was able to lauch game and all cdlc showing but only amps would show when trying to play. so i read to run CDLC tool and change the DLL file. so im not sure exactly what the problem is or where it is? I would be happy to connect with someone in regards of the issue. Im open to any suggestions on the matter. I have steam,rocksmith remaster+bought churab rock dlc. 

update- I verified the files.. I have to add the DLL (D3DX9_42.dll) (size 1,848kb)  steam does not include this.. otherwise it will give 0xc000007b error without it. .  Im able to startup the game and see DLC but not play it.. Amps screen is all i get... NOW i use the custom forge RS2014 mod installer. ( replaces the D3DX9_42.dll ) size 126kb.. game will not start only white screen flashes.. what do i do? or does anyone have some knoledge on this?

On 2/14/2022 at 7:36 PM, GMSAnubis said:

Same here , rockmisth 2014 remastered steam version. I see the cdlc, when i launch it I just have the background with the speakers and nothing else. Have to alt+f4 to relaunch the game.

Using windows 11 in case it matters ^^'

Hi ! You may have forgotten the D3DX9_42.dll ? You have to download and put it in your Rocksmith folder ! I did have the same problem, but now it works !

On 2/13/2022 at 5:22 AM, DSR2006 said:

update- I verified the files.. I have to add the DLL (D3DX9_42.dll) (size 1,848kb)  steam does not include this.. otherwise it will give 0xc000007b error without it. .  Im able to startup the game and see DLC but not play it.. Amps screen is all i get... NOW i use the custom forge RS2014 mod installer. ( replaces the D3DX9_42.dll ) size 126kb.. game will not start only white screen flashes.. what do i do? or does anyone have some knoledge on this?

Hi ! Do you use a pirated Rocksmith steam version ?

A friend of mine did have the same problem. Without the DLL, the game starts but freezes when you begins playing a CDLC. With the DLL, the game doesn't start anymore !

If you are in that case, you should buy the game, it's worth it !

16 hours ago, ChuLee said:

Hi ! You may have forgotten the D3DX9_42.dll ? You have to download and put it in your Rocksmith folder ! I did have the same problem, but now it works !

I'm an idiot, ididnt do it ^^ Thanks, i tested one cdlc, and it works ^^.

Thanks you 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I use cdlc since i own Rocksmith and for most of the time i can handle the patch things........ but since a few weeks, it doesn´t work anymore. i followed the rules and everytime after installing the patch, Rocksmith crashes. I also deleted every file from the common folder. I really need my cdlcs because iám really addicted to Rocksmith...... but my favorite Songs are cdlc...... i´m relly frustated.... So plz. Help me.

I use a Macbook Pro M1 2020 with Montery, latest Version

If you need more Infos or the Crash report, tell me.

Hope someone can help.

Greetings

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm trying to get the CDLC to work with the Steam version of Rocksmith 2014 Remastered. I've purchased the Cherub Rock DLC and placed the D3DX9_42.ddl in the Rocksmith2014 root folder. When I launch the game the custom DLCs I've placed in the Rocksmith2014/dlc folder do not show up while the official DLC including Cherub Rock do show up. The game runs fine and does not crash. I've tried running the Rocksmith2014_patcher as well and that does not work either.

The only thing out of the ordinary on my install is that it's on my H: drive rather than the C drive but I don't think that could be causing it. 

I have Windows 10 and I've saw 1 post on Reddit about windows blocking the D3DX9_42.dll but that doesn't appear to be happening. Any Ideas what I'm doing wrong?

On 7/19/2022 at 9:30 AM, Arvenis said:

Hi, I'm trying to get the CDLC to work with the Steam version of Rocksmith 2014 Remastered. I've purchased the Cherub Rock DLC and placed the D3DX9_42.ddl in the Rocksmith2014 root folder. When I launch the game the custom DLCs I've placed in the Rocksmith2014/dlc folder do not show up while the official DLC including Cherub Rock do show up. The game runs fine and does not crash. I've tried running the Rocksmith2014_patcher as well and that does not work either.

The only thing out of the ordinary on my install is that it's on my H: drive rather than the C drive but I don't think that could be causing it. 

I have Windows 10 and I've saw 1 post on Reddit about windows blocking the D3DX9_42.dll but that doesn't appear to be happening. Any Ideas what I'm doing wrong?

At first this happened to me, I just had to make sure I was only downloading the pc version of the cdlc files and it started at least showing up. Im still having issues with the songs not actually playing, though

• Like 1