How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

Here's a good issue for you all. I had a non legit version of RS that stopped working when I switched to 4K resolution. I could get it to work if I switched resolution back to 1080. I bought the steam version and installed it. That works with 4K resolution but now I can not get the DLC to work. If I copy over my DLC and the D3DX9_42.dll the game does the same thing as the non legit version and will not load. I do have cherub rock purchased but I am at a loss why the legit version stops working once I move the files to the DLC folder in steam. I can keep using the old version I have if I just change resolution every time I want to play but I would rather be able to run the legit steam version. Anyone have any idea what the issue is?

Hello Guys,

I use cracked version of the RS, when I try to use CDLCs,  show em in my playlist, when I try to start the song, I just see 2 amphlifiers but nothing more on the screen. 

I don't have DLL file to overwrite. So when I just try to add that DLL file to my main RS directory, game is not starting anymore. When I remove that DLL file, game is working just fine.

Any solution for this?

2 hours ago, keyzcohen said:

Hello Guys,

I use cracked version of the RS, when I try to use CDLCs,  show em in my playlist, when I try to start the song, I just see 2 amphlifiers but nothing more on the screen. 

I don't have DLL file to overwrite. So when I just try to add that DLL file to my main RS directory, game is not starting anymore. When I remove that DLL file, game is working just fine.

Any solution for this?

I would guess something in the game is broken or the dll file is bad. Either get another copy or just buy the steam version. The remastered version from steam is more stable and looks a lot better IMO anyway and it's only like 10 bucks right now.

27 minutes ago, russell072009 said:

I would guess something in the game is broken or the dll file is bad. Either get another copy or just buy the steam version. The remastered version from steam is more stable and looks a lot better IMO anyway and it's only like 10 bucks right now.

You are right, I will buy it right away. I will let you guys know If I am unable to run CDLCs again.

Anyone found solution to freeze after tuning? It seems to me that it is GPU or DirectX related. I've got it running on my desktop PC following the guide (Cherub Rock, DLL in root folder) and all CDLC are alright. But when applying the same guide on my laptop it is not working - freeze after tuning. I tried update DirectX, change resolution and visual settings but nothing worked. I don't think that my laptop is low-end because all other songs (official DLCs) are working just fine. Anyone tried different approach?

So i have corrected all dlc with cfsm, it will launch if i dont have the dll file in the root folder but will crash on the song either at the tuning or after when playing added dlc. im on a pc, is there an updated patch or different patch people are using? this exact setup works on my other laptop but not this current one.

So i have plenty of DLC  that does work using the cherub rock method without the DLL. If I add the dll i cant even launch the rocksmith game. Any DLC i add from ignitionsearch and correct using the CSFM manager to either repaired or DDrepaired and try to play the added song without the DLL file in my directory it will let me tune the strings then never comes to to actually load the song and is in a state that basically look as though its frozen but you can still hear the guitar but cant even bring up the pause menu. any ideas?

On 2/22/2014 at 11:56 PM, PhilipJFry said:

Pinned.  Excellent summary.

OK I noticed this post is from awhile back and I hope you are still active, my question is. I have the remastered version of rocksmith and Cherub Rock is NOT available as a DLC for this version, Will I still be able to use this? and if so how?
Please and Thank you
Signed,
            Darth Tasty the Dark Noob of the Bass

13 minutes ago, DarthTasty said:

OK I noticed this post is from awhile back and I hope you are still active, my question is. I have the remastered version of rocksmith and Cherub Rock is NOT available as a DLC for this version, Will I still be able to use this? and if so how?
Please and Thank you
Signed,
            Darth Tasty the Dark Noob of the Bass

never mind, I'm an idiot, sorry to waste your time

I read a lot of the recent replies, and i could notice that a lot of people is facing the same issue..
I have a lot of CDLC, and I was able to play them all till around September 18th. Then, the game just refused to let me play. I talked to the Ubisoft support, because I was unable to play the songs I purchased. After contacting them for a month or so, all the purchased songs are working! YAY!! But the CDLC leads me to the same amp screen some mentioned before. 
Did anyone solve this issue? Any tips?

18 hours ago, GabeFKR said:

I read a lot of the recent replies, and i could notice that a lot of people is facing the same issue..
I have a lot of CDLC, and I was able to play them all till around September 18th. Then, the game just refused to let me play. I talked to the Ubisoft support, because I was unable to play the songs I purchased. After contacting them for a month or so, all the purchased songs are working! YAY!! But the CDLC leads me to the same amp screen some mentioned before. 
Did anyone solve this issue? Any tips?

ok, so I did find that Cherub Rock is available for the remastered version, you need to buy that and then the file they have you download goes into the main game folder, not the dlc folder. and as for your downloaded dlc, put them in a separate folder in your dlc folder. after I did that everything works. 

Edited by DarthTasty
misspelled word

Ufff i've found solution! I've tried everything, but downloading dll from CF did not work. It runs on my PC but not on my notebook. Some graphic driver or maybe framework issue.

Installing CustomsForge Song Manager helped! Install CFSM from Tools menu here on customforge and validate dll from there - see attachment.

Image 1.png

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, niki said:

can u use cdlc on ps4!

Nope, no ones figured out the file format yet.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

On 1/19/2021 at 11:51 PM, TonyJenkins said:

Hey, so I’m a noob with a PS3 with RS trying to figure this whole thing out so that I can upload songs.  Is there ONE place that I can go that will walk me through the process of jailbreaking my ps3 and using songs from CustomsForge?

I am new to CDLC with PS3 as well.  What I have learned is that you do not need to "jailbreak" your PS3, you need to enable the use of "homebrew" applications.  The video linked below shows how to install Homebrew enabled firmware (HEN) and a homebrew app called Multiman that will allow for FTP.  Then use Filezilla on your PC to transfer songs (*.edat files) to you PS3 using FTP.  Sometimes a song is available only in the PC format (*.psarc files).   Download the Rocksmith Toolkit on this site to convert to PS3 files.  Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Hello guitarists!

I saw on the forum that many of you encounter untimely crashes when you launch a music, just after tuning your guitar. I found the problem!

Once you have launched the patch, copy and paste the two attached files :

- insert_dylib
- libRSBypass

directly in the folder at the root of the game (steam > steam apps > common > Rocksmith2014).

Once done, the game should work normally. However, run the game from your steam library.

Have a good workout!

On 1/19/2021 at 9:12 AM, dan.vojtasek said:

Ufff i've found solution! I've tried everything, but downloading dll from CF did not work. It runs on my PC but not on my notebook. Some graphic driver or maybe framework issue.

Installing CustomsForge Song Manager helped! Install CFSM from Tools menu here on customforge and validate dll from there - see attachment.

Image 1.png

Dude, you saved my birthday party! Now the guitar battles are up again...
All the useless files are now back to work, and all my lost songs are now playable!
Thanks a lot!

That's the solution for the amp screen!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, got a little question.

I play Rocksmith 2014 cracked just to try the game, so seeing this page now I wanna definitely buy it. But I don't have a real tone cable, so I use a No-Cable Launcher and use a third party cable. My question is: would the dll work with the No-Cable Launcher too?. Thanks :3