How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

On 11/18/2020 at 8:43 AM, firekorn said:

image.png

That's what you need to check for setlist filter ingame.

Hey there, just so you know I have tried the filtering & it still shows the same songs. Also 'Cherub Rock' continues not to show in the game, despite being a dlc installed in the game (Steam does have this verified in my account). Maybe its the software program being weird & only allowing the song packs?

Does anyone know if we can create our own custom song packs so that Customforge will recognize it? So far it just recognizes the Rocksmith 2014 song pack & thats it. Also I notice in Customforge Song Manager that the song packs dont have any AppID, but the DLC that came with Rocksmith does (including Cherub Rock), but yet they aren't recognized by the game. Im wondering if the song manager is blocking something to where the game cant see it....

On 11/2/2020 at 4:25 PM, cortex said:

Ok, so where are we with having CDLC's working on the MAC again? I can't get any of my CDLC's to work on RS 2014 remastered any longer.  After reading through the thread it seems that it was the Catalina-upgrade that wrecked it.
I'm currently running OSX 10.15.7.

I fired up my RS2014 today after not having touched it for months and wanted to play some Dire Straits. Now I only get to the tuning-screen after selecting the song. When the tuning is done nothing happens.

All help appreciated! 🙂

Hi guys,

any solution there? I have the same problem with the same OS X version and I can't find any information about it.
Did anyone solved this issue?
Thanks,

Davide.

So I have the Song Manager. I have a good bit of CDLC downloaded to the game already. Every time I try to add new songs to the game, they never show up. It is the whole reason I installed Song Manager and they don't even show up there. I do re scans constantly hoping it will randomly find any of the songs and nothing. I am obviously doing something right because the songs from before are there but at the same time I am probably doing something wrong? Help is greatly appreciated

On 12/10/2020 at 8:41 PM, JariTre said:

After the Mac Big Sur problem, and when it was solved by Ubisoft, I cannot use CDLC´s any more. What I need to do or is there any solution yet? Basic songs work fine.

SAme here as JariTre ... After the Ubisoft Update for Big Sur&White Screen all CDLC freeze on startup, regardless of me skipping the tuning step ( which worked before ) 

Edit info : Macbook Pro 2017 w 16Gig's RAM. Game Version : Steam. Cherub Rock is purchased also from steam . All CDLC downloaded from here (CustomsForge)

edit 2 :

**** RESOLVED ****

Basicly I reapplied the patch and it worked  😃 my bad 

see here for the original source of that info :

*legends may sleep, but they never die*

Hmm. How do I know whether I have the Beta or full version? I checked properties in Steam, don't see anything obvious....

(Side issue: I've never had Cherub Rock, I've always recoded everything to something I do have. Is there a problem with that? Everything has worked since the beginning... well, until now, of course.) 

EDIT: @firaty You had me worried, there....

Edited by nick_beat
Added note to previous poster

EDIT: SEE BELOW

@FfioThe game was freshly downloaded before this, but I tried anyway, as you showed. Once I revalidated (it had 6 bad files) it ran, but when I got out, applied the patch, it crashed again. Tried it once more, this time one invalid file (??) but after the patch, crash.

Maybe I have an outdated patch? Haven't had to patch in ages...

macOS Big Sur 11.0.1

/Users/kfeuerherm/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014

(Sorry I can't for the life of me get the imgur to display here. Help?)

EDIT: I redownloaded the patch. So far as I know it is the same, but for some reason, it seems to work now. Who knows.

But for future reference, if someone could remind me how to do the IMGUR images... I seem to recall it had to do with which kind of link I use to paste in here, but no luck so far.

Edited by nick_beat
Seem to have solved the problem for now

So far, so good... I just got my new PC and started to reinstall all my CDLCs. I did everything exactly like shown in the video. But as soon as I´m trying to start the game it will stop at the screen with the Amps. I can still play though, but the song woun´t start and the game is crashed, as far as I am not able to return from the named screen to any other. After a restart the game just works fine, but again the same problem as soon I try to start a CDLC. I even tried the toolkit, but the latest vesion seems to be out of date. At least the proigram tells me so...

@coolAF That's possible. I had the same problem, but when I redownloaded the patch and applied it, the problem was solved. Go figure.

I recommend running the patch command, not doing it by hand, though. I do it through Terminal, but it seems to work if you just double-click it in your Finder window too.  Here's how I did it in Terminal (obviously, you need to replace my 'kfeuerherm' with your ID  ('ls' lists the files, I do that to be sure of what's there; in the next line, don't forget the dot at the beginning, that means 'here'):

% cd <folder which has the patch in it>
% ls
RS-patch-instructions.png    insert_dylib
RUN_PATCH_RS.command        libRSBypass.dylib
% ./RUN_PATCH_RS.command
Binary is a fat binary with 2 archs.
Added LC_LOAD_DYLIB to all archs in /Users/kfeuerherm/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014

HTH. BTW the patch is at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ZKYtpB0vu2WnJWZzdtUkp6SU0/view?usp=sharing

• 2 weeks later...