How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

I deleted the other files and loaded the one you provided, it worked first try. When I paused the game and went to go back into the song, all the chords had disappeared. I shut down the game and now the exact same problem is happening...freezes as soon as the amps drop into the screen.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've installed the proper files and followed the instructional videos on this site. My songs show up in my learn a song list, they start just like every other song, but when it starts, all i see on screen are the amps and then the game appears to freeze....suggestions?

Edit: I was having the same issue as you but then I just had to relocate the .dll. Before I had it in the dlc folder so I just cut and pasted it into the root folder and now all of my CDLC works! Hope it works for you too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Save yourselves the hassle and purchase cherub rock by smashing pumpkins.  This is the default choice on the toolkit. I used other dlc that was on toolkit list and never worked as soon as i purchased the cherub rock from steam dlc everything worked great. Most all custom dlc is using that song. Its just easier not to have to screw with it.  

Yeeees, thats the solution...thks

• Administrator

@@PurpleOldMaN and @@naty_baravieira

Make sure to verify the integrity of the game files via steam. If the issue persist, could you please send us a screenshot of your rocksmith root folder?

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have the correct DLL file?  I tried the Zephyr dll file with no luck.  Here is my current situation:

System: Windows 10

Rocksmith 2014 Remastered

1) I purchased Cherub Rock from Steam 

2) I placed 2) PSARC files into the same DLC folder and then unblocked them using file properties (required by Windows 10)

3) I downloaded Zephyr's 2nd DLL file as the first link no longer worked.  I unblocked the file and placed it in the root of the Rocksmith folder

4) Started Rocksmith and both songs show up

5) Clicked to play a song and it has me tune my guitar and then it goes to the entry screen with speakers on each side.  The music never loads after that and the game essentially hangs.

Let me know if I'm missing anything in particular.

Does anyone have the correct DLL file?  I tried the Zephyr dll file with no luck.  Here is my current situation:

System: Windows 10

Rocksmith 2014 Remastered

1) I purchased Cherub Rock from Steam 

2) I placed 2) PSARC files into the same DLC folder and then unblocked them using file properties (required by Windows 10)

3) I downloaded Zephyr's 2nd DLL file as the first link no longer worked.  I unblocked the file and placed it in the root of the Rocksmith folder

4) Started Rocksmith and both songs show up

5) Clicked to play a song and it has me tune my guitar and then it goes to the entry screen with speakers on each side.  The music never loads after that and the game essentially hangs.

Let me know if I'm missing anything in particular.

Ok NVM I got it.  Use the following post to get the correct DLL.  All is well with the world!

@@mchedd You are missing or have the incorrect .dll file.  Or maybe it has the wrong name if you downloaded it several times.   Delete the old one and try this one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QhJqyhZthcTS_EyiDqJG_mmLcz1Gymcu/view?usp=sharing

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...