How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

@@MichiosDeath_Drive Are you sure you bought Cherub Rock?

Yes, I first downloaded rocksmith 2014 along with the original rocksmith and the transfer packet with cherub rock etc for cdlc on my old PC back in 2016. CDLC works on that pc but I bought a new PC a few days ago and tried doing what I did on that PC to this one but only the dlc from the original Rocksmith shows up on 2014. None of the cdlc I downloaded today appears. IDK if this related but the transferred songs have a m.psarc and p.psarc file while the cdlc downloads only have p.psarc in my dlc file.

• Administrator

@@MichiosDeath_Drive is Cherub Rock showing up in game? If not make sure it is marked as installed in your steam library, without it no CDLC will ever show up.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

So yea I had problems with it not working, followed the instructions but I finally got it to work. Here's some troubleshooting tips

1. DLC don't have to be in the DLC directory only but can be organized in sub directories.

2. Just buy Cherub Rock so you don't have to deal with changing IDs

3. Yes if you are on Windows 10 both the D3DX9_42.dll and every CDLC file needs to be unblocked so right click on it go to properties and check the unblocked box and apply the changes.

4. Make sure the file is renamed to D3DX9_42.dll and NOT D3DX9_42 (1).dll or D3DX9_42 (2).dll 

So at this point I did all this and it still wasn't working, just didn't see the CDLCs in the play list

(no i didn't see the console popup either but could be because my computer is super fast which is likely the same for many of you out there.)

5. So I created a totally new profile and guess what now I see all the songs. So maybe that final step is you have to create a new profile if you have been playing for a long time on an old profile before you added the DLL files.

6. Not sure if it matter but yes I only start the game from steam.

Lastly I have been using the CustomsForge Song Manager to repair CDLC because it helps sometimes in repairing the dynamic difficulty of files.

• Administrator

@@namsterdamus regarding "5", it sounds like you had a filter on your song list active in game which explains why you didn't see the CDLC you added, you don't need to create a new profile to see CDLC.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/YINKpTGSZKg/maxresdefault.jpg

The filter is indicated on the side of the songlist, just have to press Alt to be able to change what song list is selected.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• 3 weeks later...

i don't even know what a root folder is ]=  I was playing on xbox,, grew tired of the lack of cdlcs available so I bought the pc version on steam last night , so far I can only play the ones it came with and cherub rock.  it did come with one of the packs I bought on the xbox one.  please help if you can break this down any further for the mentally challenged

Bought Cherub Rock, installed it, downloaded the dll from this post and another on this site, as well as a few other locations, pasted it into rocksmith root folder, unblocked from properties window (yay windows 10 for hidden and silent blocking of stuff) downloaded some Muse tracks from here, launch Rocksmith, no new songs in the list, not even the Cherub Rock song that I bought. Not sure where to go from here.

I HAVE A PROBLEM NO GUITAR EFFECT I LOSE  IT AFTER A FEW SONGS ARE PLAYED ….WAS WORKING FINE BEFORE I HAD TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 FROM WINDOWS 7 AND ALSO CRASHES DURING A SONG AND NOT JUST ONE SONG BUT ANY SONG SEEMS TO BE RANDOM I GET THIS LOUD WEIRD SOUND FROM MY STEREO SYSTEM SOUNDS LIKE A DIGITAL WAVE THAT ECHO'S THEN IT CRASHES CAN ANYONE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION TO A FIX

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've installed the proper files and followed the instructional videos on this site. My songs show up in my learn a song list, they start just like every other song, but when it starts, all i see on screen are the amps and then the game appears to freeze....suggestions?

@@mchedd You are missing or have the incorrect .dll file.  Or maybe it has the wrong name if you downloaded it several times.   Delete the old one and try this one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QhJqyhZthcTS_EyiDqJG_mmLcz1Gymcu/view?usp=sharing