How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

• Administrator

@@SAPOTETO Read the rules. We won't help you use pirated content into either RS2014 or RS1. Note that all RS1 DLC can be bought on steam and be played on RS2014 without any additionnal purchase.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

@@SAPOTETO On disc content can be bought on steam as long as you have both RS2014 and RS1 on your steam account (the import tool is on the RS2014 store page).

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Can someone help me please?

I keep getting an error description when trying to install the manager 

there are no rocksmith 2014 songs in the dlc folder, However i have moved loads into the folder, I would upload images but do not know how to.

any help would be great, I have purchased cherub rock ect. 

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am playing rocksmith for 3 yrs in xbox 360, then in xbone, buying a lot of musics. I've tried everything to make cdlcs work on my computer, as I want to play these cdlc songs. Bust two whole saturdays trying to figure out what to do to make the cdlcs to work. Bought cherub, reestarted 200 times, messed with directx on win registry, placed d3dx9_42.dll 126kb... everything I could after follow a 1000 videos and discussions in the internet. And installed tools from customs forge. My computer is a Dell brand new, and I don't know what else to do, except buy another computer.

In my case, when I place dll on rocksmith folder, the program does not start. when I delete it, it works, I can see the cdlcs, but they freeze after the tuning, as described in many topics. However, Following zillions of comments, it does not work.

Also, when I try to install the directx directly in the June 2010 folder, it shows an error message.

Can someone give me a hand on this?

• Administrator

@@GMarchi Buy the game... The only reason for this to happen is that you actually don't own it.

And in the case in which you actually do own it but have a very weird and uncommon issue, i would first check the integrity of the files via steam before going crazy about anything.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

@@GMarchi no, you should contact ubisoft support cause it seems that there's an issue that is unrelated to the dll and CDLC in general and as long.

You can always uninstall and re-install the game to see if this repair the issue with the game itself but i can't affirm this will fix your issue.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Dear Firekorn, thank you, but it did not work. I do not understand why. I will try in another computer to see what happens, and I am willing to try to start from scratch on my main computer to see if it will work. It is an amazing work done in customsforge, you guys are gathering invaluable information here and I want to participate/contribute.

• Administrator

@@GMarchi Again, contact Ubisoft support if steam still can't validate all files even after a proper install of the game, this is an issue that is way beyond us and beyond the dll itself.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Just to rule out problems with the game's compatibility with your computer (or a generic computer issue), does re-installing Rocksmith and trying to start it up (BEFORE doing anything custom DLC related) show that the game works at all with just official content (built-in songs or official DLC like "Cherub Rock")?

• Like 1

Dear friends from CF, I reinstalled the Windows, then, the first thing I did was to install steam. I added 2 cdlcs, and added the D3DX9_42.dll 126 kb. Directx was installed perfectly this time. The program worked, played the songs pre-installed, but the cdlcs were just frozen after the tuning. Then I installed CFSM, and saw that D3DX9_42.dll was not validated. I found a place in the CFSM to validate D3DX9_43.dll. CDLCs are all working fine after that!!!!! I appreciated very much Firekorn and Raynebc messages. I hope I can help to support and contribute to the site. Thank you!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

I am from Austria and my english is not perfect :)

A few days ago I tried to find songs from Metallica and AC/DC and hat to accept that those songs are not available in the official shop for Rocksmith stuff. So I posted this in a german Guitar-Forum and they told me to do like described here:

https://www.gameskinny.com/5ys0o/how-to-import-almost-any-custom-song-into-rocksmith-2014

And I did exactly as described, loaded down lot of Metallica and AC/DC-songs and bought also a few official songs (of cause the Smashing-Pumkin-Song like I had to; and also some Bon Jovi and Offspring stuff).

The programm recognizes all songs. The officially bought songs working perfect, but not the downloaded self-made-stuff. I am able to make some setting, but whin klicking the triangle "play the song" the program freezes. I still can hear my guitar, but I cannot click anywhere and the game does not continue. I have to restart it every time tediously.

Can someone help me please?

Greets from Vienna!

I've been using CLDC's for several years with no problems until last night my CLDC's started disappearing from my RS song list so I reinstalled RS14, confirmed I have a purchased copy of Cherub Rock in the DLC folder, and put the D3DX9_42 in RS root folder just like last time.

Still doesn't work and now I've lost about 200 songs that no longer appear on my song list, even though they are in the DLC folder.

Only the original songs show up and I'm pulling my hair out.

PLEASE HELP BEFORE I DROP KICK THIS LAPTOP THROUGH MY WINDOW !

Thanks 

@@xzombeex Make sure that Cherub Rock is considered to be installed by steam.

Thanks for the reply.  

1.  Cherub Rock was purchased and shows up in my Steam Library as "installed" and appears in my DLC folder; however, it does not appear in my song list when I open RS.

2.  I just re-installed RS14 through Steam, updated all my drivers, updated Windows, and no antivirus / malware programs are running.

3.  I downloaded the RS14 Remastered D3DX9_42.dll file posted on CF by "Zephyrix" / Unleashed2k Admin and put it in my RS root file.

4.  I used Steam to validate RS game files....they all are fine.

5.  I downloaded 20 songs from CF in the correct "p.psarc" format for PC and put them in the DLC folder.  Only 7 of them appear in my song list.  (Which is a good sign SOMETHING is working...)  but still no Cherub Rock nor the other DLC I purchased through Steam.

Why are only 7 of the 20 songs showing up ?  What am I missing ?

• 3 weeks later...