How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

Don't use norton.

I don't really know any other anti-virus that would suit me..

Is Norton quarantining the dll after the download? I haven't used Norton in years, but you can go into the settings and tell it not to view the dll file as a threat. 

Yes. Would that fix my issue of running the Rocksmith_custom.exe file?

@@porkfriedrice

Do you currently have the D3DX9_42.dll file in your Rocksmith2014 directory?

If Norton keeps quarantining it you need to tell it to exclude it.

You can check out this link, or do a Google search on the subject.  http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=38952

There is nothing harmful about the dll file, it's just Norton giving it a false positive.

Sounds like you haven't downloaded and installed the required D3DX9_42.dll file.

You will need to get it here and install it in your Rocksmith2014 directory.  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/5ehzgh0s9xdbbfc/D3DX9_42.dll?dl=1&token_hash=AAGRCgJR0scSCHFFYW1NYnnSBtTgAR_HzKIFf6jvSZPohQ

Also this is a good video to watch to get thing going. http://customsforge.com/topic/938-video-guide-how-to-use-cdlc-pc/

• Like 1

Hey, i have rocksmith for PS3 and would like to have some CDLC songs and have no idea where to even start to make this happen. Ive been searching all over the internet to try to find answers but they are just to complex for my understanding.

I need somebody to kind of walk me through all of this downloading process, what exactly do i need to download and how does any of this information get to my PS3??

PS3: Install files: "_ps3.psarc.edat" to "/dev_hdd0/game/BLUS31182/USRDIR/DLC", if the folder DLC does not exist, just create it.

this tells me absolutely nothing i don't understand if i'm suppose to be doing all this on my PS3 or if i put my PS3 game in my computer or what. i'm not to very good with computers if you couldn't tell :)

I'm with you I have no idea what to do with this info- did you ever get an answer to this? 

I don't own a PS3 but from reading PS3 topics on other forums I do know that first you will have to mod your PS3 with custom firmware.

You should be able to Google the subject, watch videos on Youtube, or visit PS3 forums to find more info.

I'm not sure if you already know but you can convert any PC CDLC to PS3 format with the 'custom toolkit'.

You will need to place your CDLC's (_ps3.psarc.edat) files, in your /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS31182/USRDIR/DLC, folder. If the folder DLC does not exist, you will need to create it.

You won't find 'BLUS31182' in the folder tree, it will be the version number of the custom firmware you install.

Hello everybody,

I use XBOX 360 platform, do I need to install a GLITCH on my console to use / import CDLC files?

(I all ready have official DLC placed in my XBOX)

If I do NOT need a GLITCH, witch steps do I need to do to put CDLC on my XBOX?

Thanx guys! 

Is this: "C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonRocksmith2014" the Rocksmith root folder?

Yes, that is the root folder. Just put the .dll file in there.
  • Like 1

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

So close but yet so far, ive followed the descriptions perfectly, copied the D3Dx9_42.dll file to the rocksmith 2014 root folder, copied the dlc psarc files to dlc folder, used the toolkit and my purchased cherub rock to change the ID and after tuning on the selected dlc song in 2014 only amps appear :(

Ive tried all the steps again even tried the other PC method of 2014.exe file and the same thing happens the DLC is there but after tuning just amps.

please help