How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

**For those who have 2 hard drives, and Rocksmith is installed not in the boot drive but in the second one.**

You need to create a symlink in the ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/
pointing to /Volumes/<otherdrive>/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common
All works again.

I don't know what this means!!! After a crash I couldn't start RS14 from my old hard drive (now F) so I moved RS14 to my new hard drive but Steam wants to download the thing again even though it's RIGHT THERE!!!  I need to either get it to realize I've moved RS14 onto my new hard drive © or get it to work off the old hard drive (F).  HELP, I'm about to tear my hair out!

Given that my new hard drive is C and my old one is F, what do I type where?

Or, How do I get Steam to realize that the game is already in the folder it's trying to download to? Usually, it "knows" but it doesn't this time for some reason. When I verify cache it just verifies the few files it's downloaded, not the whole game I've moved from my old hard drive. 

ps I have limited download abilities -- less than a gig a day. 

Edit: I moved everything from F, where it was working fine before it crashed, onto C, my new boot drive. I get the little popup like it's going to work, then the "rocksmith.exe has stopped working...." crash a second later

Edit 2: Still doing the same thing. It's SOO annoying not being able to play the game -- I just got Hendrix! -- but rather than tear my hair out about it and try a thousand (more) little things for the next week, I'm going to put it aside until I can bring my desktop over to a friend's house where I can redownload/update from scratch as need be without worrying about data usage.

Edit 3: Got a new computer, downloaded Steam and RS 14 fresh, added the patch and the CDLC and BOOM! first try working like a charm!!

For the love of god, people, no bitching/whining/complaining. If you don't like something, either state it constructively...or keep it to yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Flummoxed. I have a PC and it has Cherub rock, and I have done everything in the video as far as I can check it.  I have even downloaded the patch, and ran it.  As a result the patcher.exe  has now appeard in my rocksmith folder.  When I put Rocksmith_custom.exe into the windows box nothing happens and if I search for Rocksmith_custom.exe) it isn't on my computer.  Any ideas?? Please? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

**For those who have 2 hard drives, and Rocksmith is installed not in the boot drive but in the second one.**

You need to create a symlink in the ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/

Hi, sorry. But how does one do that? 

Oh and also saying the both steam and steam games are on this secondary drive. A little confused. Help is much appreciated. ty!

(changed song ID thingy by usind Prayer Of The Refugee dlc, so don't think thats a problem)

EDIT: used different dll file and it works wonderfully now! Thanks a lot for the cdlc:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am new to the dlc stuff but I was able to I download a bunch of songs the other day and place them in the directory. All the songs are showing up in game but they won't play. I click on the song, it lets me tune the guitar then it goes to the screen with the amps on the side and justs stops right there. i ahve to control/alt/delete to get out of the game and start over. All my other songs seem to be working. just not the new dlcs I got from here. Any ideas?

Thanx.

Got it working. The video i originally saw on how to install custom songs didn't mention anything about downloading and copying the D3Dx9 file to the root directory. So  when I checked the "how to page" here, I saw that was what I didn't do. But now I have to go to work. LOL.

Total n00b here…I'm not clear how to install the DLCS onto Xbox 360. Any help or links to a more detailed tutorial would be greatly appreciated.

can someone post a step by step tutorial for the xbox 360 users..cant find it on youtube or here the videos are all for pc users.

Total n00b here…I'm not clear how to install the DLCS onto Xbox 360. Any help or links to a more detailed tutorial would be greatly appreciated.

can someone post a step by step tutorial for the xbox 360 users..cant find it on youtube or here the videos are all for pc users.

Is your xbox modded yet?  If not your wasting your time! It has to be modded before you can use the CDLC on your system..

All works again.

RSInjector Mac does not work on a secondary USB-HDD. Symlink is not really helpful.

My Equipment:
Macbook Air 11" early 2014 Yosemite 10.10.2
All attempts have failed. Symlink was created with SymbolicLinker.
Alternative Install via steam  or user account export on sec. HDD and and and was unsuccessful.
Only on the boot HDD it works.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have the PC version of Rocksmith 2014 and a bunch of DLC I've bought.

If I go through this and setup customs, what happens to features like score attack and achievments?

Does RS think every time I play a custom, I'm actually playing cherub rock?

Just wondering because I don't want to mess up my profile and legit DLC by installing custom DLLs and patches.

thanks

• Administrator

Score attack and achievement are link to the DLC ID not the app ID. DLC ID are unique for every single DLC (official or not) so it won't mess with any data.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• 1 month later...

Hey guys.... my problem is i have the orginal game...ive have downloaded the DLC, installed all the correct files etc and downloaded some CDLCs....when i run the game through the orginal rocksmith.exe all the songs show on my list.  But as i have no cable im running the Rocksmithnocable.exe.  When i start the game with Rocksmithnocable.exe no on the songs show up.  Is there a way around this?