Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 38

Motive

I actually love Riff Repeater plus slowdown.  When I first got Rocksmith, I hadn't played very seriously in quite a while and was very rusty (plus I had never been much good to begin with).  I found the normal "easymode" bass songs like Pour Some Sugar on Me and Black Magic, and knocked the rust off with those.

Then I wanted to try to do something more challenging, and RS actually gave me a mission to try More than A Feeling by Boston.  I tried it and even with sections on lower difficulty it was very hard for me to make any progress at it, but I was enjoying the challenge of it.  Some parts I just wasn't getting AT ALL, so I tried out the slowdown feature.  I ended up RR'ing may way through the entire song over the course of about 3 days with many hours of practice each day, first going from 65% speed and low difficulty, then getting up to full difficulty on each section, and then finally doing each section at full difficulty with accelerate on to speed it up until I could play each section at least once all the way through at 100% speed and difficulty.

I put a whole lot of time into that song, but it has become one of my favorites now; kind of personal evidence of how well Rocksmith works and how far I've come.  I still don't think I've ever played it with perfect 100% accuracy all the way through, but I've come really close and even on a very casual playthrough now I'll almost always get better than 98%.  Never would have gotten there without slowing it down and getting my fingers used to the song, then slowly accelerating it up to full speed.  That same system has become my standard way to figure out any new song that really throws me for a loop; although these days I usually max any DD if the song has it straight away and just RR from slow speed with accelerate.

RR is a must if you want to improve your skill.

A important rule is to focus on the hard parts. If you have trouble in 5% of the song that is what you should practice.

I also use the speed control a lot in some of the fast lead parts. Its the best way to get it done.

And trust me, already had some first places on MC class, RR is a must.

• Like 2

Let´s Rock

@@Rodman Finnaly you post score :)

Add your choiced  songs into list. If you luck, we will challenge with it at next the week. 

And please, Rodman, improve your accuracy in qouting. Now you have less 33.33%. 

My example, with accuracy quote MC: 96.3% (Joke)

Rocksmith Championship

Rocksmith 2014 Player's Arena, please keep it clean!

Tip: (you can edit qoute), thanks.

@Mr Pi fantastic result in rhythm a song byRamones, there RS hard detecting chords, you got 100% with first try, awesome!

To all: don`t forget update or add new songs to Song selection list

Well not that good @. i restarted two of free times to get it done.

Besides that the rhythm is not that different from the lead. I play the lead for months once in a while

Let´s Rock

Intermediate Lead - 92%, 197 streak:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/590287333228499132/42A9226F989189432C3B54D7B85E59FAD0E5A988/

Without RR, as I did not had time to practice more, though I nailed:

---

---

---

-13-

12-- part. Pretty happy about that :)

Intermediate Rhythm - 69%, 63 streak;

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/590287333228472596/1F7C5B3551CC8A605BA97E1286DA9473B4DFA301/

Did not expected such a big improvement. But I got bubble on my pointing finger from sweep hand-up-picking (well). Still, satisfied with the result.

• Like 2

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

This has been a fun week. Unforgiven was  a great song. Even if i am miles away from being able to handle to solo it was great seeing how i start to get more and more notes in the right places with every play through.  It even seems a little bit less impossible now.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/TheUnforgiven9265_zps05300a7f.jpg

• Like 3

@ Oh sorry, wrong timing for screenshot. I can't post others photo.

I will play only tonight or maybe tomorrow...

I will try to do my best next week.

Nice score on Metallica

Wait, i find others screenshot in my computer:

http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj494/Labrutasse/2014-07-19_00003_zpsbcd0905f.jpg

http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj494/Labrutasse/2014-07-19_00001_zps8ebb289f.jpg

That's good? 

• Like 3

Intermediate Lead: 87 %

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=288410487

My exam period has started, so I have waaaaaaay too less time to practise :-(

PS: And I guess I'm too late... well, my score wasn't great anyway...

• Like 1

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.