Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 38

Motive

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Bit o improvement over here:

Posted Image

My example, with accuracy quote MC: 96.3%

... And please, Rodman, improve your accuracy in qouting. Now you have less 33.33%. 

Please explain!!!

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

So i played blitzkreig bop a few times and was not happy with the results.  So i thought. This is just for fun and respect, might as well play it with my broken guitar*. 

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Blitzkriegbop9957_zpsd291b1e4.jpg

*I bought that guitar 15 years ago when i was 16years old and wanted to learn to play. Broke the neck after a few weeks and tried to fix it myself with a bad result. Its been toyed around with over the years by drunk people and that has resulted in some bad wiring  so it sparks if you move more than 1cm.

Now i really want to fix that old crappy guitar. Might be next vacations project.

• Like 3

Some really impressive scores on the Babymetal song. Welcome to all the new participants. This week has ended up being a great week for the competition as there are many new faces. I hope you all continue to join in each week as its a great deal of fun to see all the competitors. 

• Like 1

Improvement from yesterday...

Beginner lead:
http://s30.postimg.org/x2vopxbv5/2014_07_17_00004.jpg

And I also tried the Ramones song...
http://s2.postimg.org/4ql3hbufd/2014_07_17_00007.jpg

yay... my first 100%...  :lol:

• Like 6

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

small improvement and thats it for the week for i goota leave town till sunday!

Sure am gonna ad some songs to list when there is time for consideration

R.

Posted Image

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/52106919873961462/2E416F245629A1514C0544CD27D900A3750ABBB9/ fingers crossed I can get more than 5 minutes to practice this a night! Painful to watch these 1% increases, subliminal sleep learning is not enough! o.O

• Like 1

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

A little update for INT Lead the solo is tough without Riff Repeating it. I may end up doing some Riff Repeater to try and increase my score a bit. 

http://i.imgur.com/5u4DFNQ.jpg

You are doing a great work anyway, keep it up! 

The solo with the practice is not that hard, if you keep practicing it...in a blink of an eye you can get it :D 

• Like 1

9A7alLl.jpg

Thank you @@Nacholede I hate using Riff Repeater lol. Most all my scores come from just playing the songs straight without riff repeating and I only tend to use RR if I really like a song and want to learn it fully. This is one of those songs lol but Riff Repeater annoys me lol. 

• Like 1

Thank you @@Nacholede I hate using Riff Repeater lol. Most all my scores come from just playing the songs straight without riff repeating and I only tend to use RR if I really like a song and want to learn it fully. This is one of those songs lol but Riff Repeater annoys me lol. 

Me too, sometimes i use RR to practice solos or tricky sections. But i play almost all the songs without using RR

I want to learn the song but at the same time i want to enjoy playing the song. And sometimes i don't know why i put nervious and i start to miss notes D: 

• Like 1

9A7alLl.jpg

I play a few times a full song,  then spend a lot time in RR for getting clearly sound,  especially in hard places. And enjoy with it, i love sound guitar (so i hate bad tones in CDLC), and when i start clearly play in hard sections, getting yet more fun. And run full song a few times for check result (and get more accuracy :) ). I hate only play with slow speed (<80%), and big sections in RR, it spend a lot time without fun.

I play a few times a full song,  then spend a lot time in RR for getting clearly sound,  especially in hard places. And enjoy with it, i love sound guitar (so i hate bad tones in CDLC), and when i start clearly play in hard sections, getting yet more fun. And run full song a few times for check result (and get more accuracy :) ). I hate only play with slow speed (<80%), and big sections in RR, it spend a lot time without fun.

I never slow down a song D:

I always play every single song withouth doing anything. If i found it really hard, then i use RR and start to learn the solo/tricky riff over and over again. Also that depends of the song that i'm playing

I remember when i played 3 or 4 times one of the solos of Super Collider, now i got more than 90% on the overall song :D

9A7alLl.jpg

Personally I just keep playing and I hope I eventually get good enough to just sightread the solo accurately. So far it's worked in Smoke on the Water and R U Mine!? haha

I close to never use RR, only to max out songs before I play them

A few more years and I betcha I can play some of the trickier stuff!

I actually love Riff Repeater plus slowdown.  When I first got Rocksmith, I hadn't played very seriously in quite a while and was very rusty (plus I had never been much good to begin with).  I found the normal "easymode" bass songs like Pour Some Sugar on Me and Black Magic, and knocked the rust off with those.

Then I wanted to try to do something more challenging, and RS actually gave me a mission to try More than A Feeling by Boston.  I tried it and even with sections on lower difficulty it was very hard for me to make any progress at it, but I was enjoying the challenge of it.  Some parts I just wasn't getting AT ALL, so I tried out the slowdown feature.  I ended up RR'ing may way through the entire song over the course of about 3 days with many hours of practice each day, first going from 65% speed and low difficulty, then getting up to full difficulty on each section, and then finally doing each section at full difficulty with accelerate on to speed it up until I could play each section at least once all the way through at 100% speed and difficulty.

I put a whole lot of time into that song, but it has become one of my favorites now; kind of personal evidence of how well Rocksmith works and how far I've come.  I still don't think I've ever played it with perfect 100% accuracy all the way through, but I've come really close and even on a very casual playthrough now I'll almost always get better than 98%.  Never would have gotten there without slowing it down and getting my fingers used to the song, then slowly accelerating it up to full speed.  That same system has become my standard way to figure out any new song that really throws me for a loop; although these days I usually max any DD if the song has it straight away and just RR from slow speed with accelerate.

• Like 1

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

I did not liked to slow down and practice in Guitar Hero and it's same here. Still, sometimes you have to see it slow to know what to do but I can't get the slower rhythm. RRing is frustrating, so if I'm doing it, it's only short period of time.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

For me RR is a gift that keeps on giving. It's a dexterity dream to have a feature that slows the pace of the song and it's certainly improved my accuracy on hitting the right frets and not just flapping my fingers adjacently over the strings. I rarely reduce the difficulty as I find when you start at the low difficulty when the extra notes are introduced it is like having to learn an entirely new song again so 8 out of 10 times I just slow it down to 75% and play sections until they're satisfactorily nailed. My methods of play are:

Play through.

Find the repetitive hook.

Play that to death.

Find the solo.

Play it to death.

Play on hard score attack.

Smooth out rough spots.

I still practice the songs we've used in competitions that I didn't quite get 100% in that I enjoyed... have yet to nail Full speed space machine but damn it's a fun song and I usually play it at least twice a day :) (It may even surpass the 406 plays I've invested on Sweet Mountain River)  :rolleyes:

I see RR as competition to compete with myself and the score attack to try and compete with others, it's all fun :) 

• Like 2

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Intermediate Rhythm - 60%, 62 streak:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/590287183176679415/FE7E325EA49BE933E13478773F16CBD900F5F302/

Well my non-existent hand-picking skills are easily seen in my score. Maybe with some practice (as I played it first time, except intro part) I could get better result, but I have no more time. Besides it's rhythm :)

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures