Rocksmith 3 or something new

Olorin

Question

I ask myself today is Rocksmith 2014 the last of his kind or will be there somewhen a re-make of it .Ok we have Bandfuse, not in european as far as i see it, but will there be more of those kind of "Games"?Personally i doubt that there will be a new Rocksmith!

I can't see, since yet, that there will be something new in Rocksmith that would make it Worth to Create something new.

What do u thing is there a possibility that rocksmith 3 will come out or is ROcksmith 2014 the last one of this?

18 answers to this question

Game developers usually work on a 2 year cycle for these types of games (Rocksmith 2012, 2014 for example) so it will likely be 2016 before we see another one.

There's always areas to improve in any game, so as long as sales support another version, I think we will see one.  There are features and components that are missing or need improving in the current version that could warrant a Rocksmith 2016.  For instance, does RS2014 support the complete scale of a baritone guitar?  I believe the game has problems once you go above the 22nd fret.  And full support for 7,8, and 12 string guitars would be a nice addition.

The guitarcade games could use some work to make them a little less childish as well.  No offense to the younger crowd, but Return to Castle Chord Gate (or whatever it's called) and Scale Warriors, as well as some of the other games, are a little too cheesy to hold my interest.  However, the fundamentals they teach are very important to learning how to play properly.  

Some of the other teaching components need to be refined as well.  Rocksmith is great at recognizing missed notes, and telling you about how to perform skills (slides, etc), but it's not very good at helping you make adjustments while perfecting those skills.  It also doesn't differentiate between hitting notes in a song, and actually getting the groove of a song right.

Anyway, I think there will always be a market for learning tools on gaming systems, as it allows people to get comfortable learning something without worrying about being embarrassed, or being judged by a teacher, etc.  It's also cheaper in the long run, in most cases.  

• Like 1

Game developers usually work on a 2 year cycle for these types of games (Rocksmith 2012, 2014 for example) so it will likely be 2016 before we see another one.

Well, rocksmith 2014 was released in 2013, so maybe 2015, maybe....

You are correct, but it was released under the 2014 game cycle (just like 2014 model cars were released in 2013).  My point was it's a 2 year cycle.

But yes, late Oct. 2015 would be a likely release time, to be specific.

There's always areas to improve in any game, so as long as sales support another version, I think we will see one.  There are features and components that are missing or need improving in the current version that could warrant a Rocksmith 2016.  For instance, does RS2014 support the complete scale of a baritone guitar?  I believe the game has problems once you go above the 22nd fret.  And full support for 7,8, and 12 string guitars would be a nice addition.

The guitarcade games could use some work to make them a little less childish as well.  No offense to the younger crowd, but Return to Castle Chord Gate (or whatever it's called) and Scale Warriors, as well as some of the other games, are a little too cheesy to hold my interest.  However, the fundamentals they teach are very important to learning how to play properly.  

Some of the other teaching components need to be refined as well.  Rocksmith is great at recognizing missed notes, and telling you about how to perform skills (slides, etc), but it's not very good at helping you make adjustments while perfecting those skills.  It also doesn't differentiate between hitting notes in a song, and actually getting the groove of a song right.

Anyway, I think there will always be a market for learning tools on gaming systems, as it allows people to get comfortable learning something without worrying about being embarrassed, or being judged by a teacher, etc.  It's also cheaper in the long run, in most cases.  

I see your points and i agree in some points, espacially when it comes to the point of the of the recognizing of notes it really needs some adjustments. Sometimes they get the notes sometimes not, espiacially like u said from 22th and above those fret.But thats it, all those other points, like Baritone Guitar, more then 6 Strings guitar and so on, are only personal request to the game. Because i see it that way, it is a education Game to learn a guitar. So they take it easy enough to start with and learn the basics. Also in case of it , it is a education Game why they should add something like that when u have to learn your basic first, they probably think most of the newbies starts with a simple Guitar with normal tuning and so on. So it is not so importan to add something like Baritone or more Guitars. Don't get me wrong i also want to see it that there is more variation in it, simpley because of the CDLC's but i dont see it coming.

But thats it, all those other points, like Baritone Guitar, more then 6 Strings guitar and so on, are only personal request to the game. Because i see it that way, it is a education Game to learn a guitar. So they take it easy enough to start with and learn the basics. Also in case of it , it is a education Game why they should add something like that when u have to learn your basic first, they probably think most of the newbies starts with a simple Guitar with normal tuning and so on. So it is not so importan to add something like Baritone or more Guitars. Don't get me wrong i also want to see it that there is more variation in it, simpley because of the CDLC's but i dont see it coming.

But Rocksmith isn't (and shouldn't) just be aimed at the complete beginner.  In that case, most people would move on after only playing for a few weeks.  There are lots of advanced techniques and lessons available for advanced players.  Adding to this would take nothing away from beginners, and would also be one of the main reasons for any kind of new release.

There's a reason why Rocksmith 2014 was called that, instead of Rocksmith 2.  The developers wanted to distinguish it from the original game instead of people thinking it was simply a sequel and that RS1 had to be gone through first.

RS2014 is more learning based and less game-like than RS1.  It has more techniques and lessons that were not featured in the original RS.

The music industry and the original Rocksmith community had a huge impact on what new features were added to RS2014.  Of course things needed to be left out, because all software companies work on a rigid development cycle and budget.  There wasn't enough time or money to add everything that was wanted.  If demand is high enough, anything is possible.

And playing baritone guitar isn't necessarily an advanced thing.  Playing baritone is almost identical to playing a standard guitar, except the tuning is B to b, instead of E to e.  You can play songs in the exact same manner as on a regular guitar, they just have a deeper, darker tone to them.  But, the game doesn't support the full scale of a baritone, as it has a 27" scale instead of either 24/24.75/25.25" like standard guitars.

But Rocksmith isn't (and shouldn't) just be aimed at the complete beginner.  In that case, most people would move on after only playing for a few weeks.  There are lots of advanced techniques and lessons available for advanced players.  Adding to this would take nothing away from beginners, and would also be one of the main reasons for any kind of new release.

There's a reason why Rocksmith 2014 was called that, instead of Rocksmith 2.  The developers wanted to distinguish it from the original game instead of people thinking it was simply a sequel and that RS1 had to be gone through first.

RS2014 is more learning based and less game-like than RS1.  It has more techniques and lessons that were not featured in the original RS.

The music industry and the original Rocksmith community had a huge impact on what new features were added to RS2014.  Of course things needed to be left out, because all software companies work on a rigid development cycle and budget.  There wasn't enough time or money to add everything that was wanted.  If demand is high enough, anything is possible.

And playing baritone guitar isn't necessarily an advanced thing.  Playing baritone is almost identical to playing a standard guitar, except the tuning is B to b, instead of E to e.  You can play songs in the exact same manner as on a regular guitar, they just have a deeper, darker tone to them.  But, the game doesn't support the full scale of a baritone, as it has a 27" scale instead of either 24/24.75/25.25" like standard guitars.

Of course it wouldn't take anything away, i never say that like this way but probably i wasn't clear enough. But like i said before i also want to see those stuff in a new version. More Techniques because there probably miss some and stuff like that. Also i never say baritone is an advanced thing, i only think about the point that probably not everyone bought a baritone because it is mostly a metal thing and as far as we see how many metal things comes out with bands that really use a baritone for most of the songs? But also u have to thing about that point. Copyrights! How many bands allowing it to use there stuff? so they also have to see what contracts can we make to get those songs in, how many of them have a baritone guitar and how many person who play this game have a baritone? They have to calculate if it is worth to add the work and money for it. BEcause if they only get let me say one DLC pack with 3 or 4 songs why they should add baritone support? That is the way i also see it. Probably they see what a community those both games have and see what guys like unleashed create, maybe they will add later some back doors so it will be possible to add those things without make any special contracts for songs and so all. If they will be smart they should do it. Because without a community a game is nothing.

Of course it wouldn't take anything away, i never say that like this way but probably i wasn't clear enough. But like i said before i also want to see those stuff in a new version. More Techniques because there probably miss some and stuff like that. Also i never say baritone is an advanced thing, i only think about the point that probably not everyone bought a baritone because it is mostly a metal thing and as far as we see how many metal things comes out with bands that really use a baritone for most of the songs? But also u have to thing about that point. Copyrights! How many bands allowing it to use there stuff? so they also have to see what contracts can we make to get those songs in, how many of them have a baritone guitar and how many person who play this game have a baritone? They have to calculate if it is worth to add the work and money for it. BEcause if they only get let me say one DLC pack with 3 or 4 songs why they should add baritone support? That is the way i also see it. Probably they see what a community those both games have and see what guys like unleashed create, maybe they will add later some back doors so it will be possible to add those things without make any special contracts for songs and so all. If they will be smart they should do it. Because without a community a game is nothing.

I think you're missing the actual issue behind using a baritone.  You can play any song you want on a baritone guitar, just like you would on a normal guitar.  However, the game itself doesn't recognize anything past the 22nd fret, which presents problems with songs recorded on regular guitars just the same.  I believe somebody is currently having that problem right now with a Metallica song.

So you wouldn't be adding anything specific to just a baritone guitar, but the ability to play higher frets altogether.  I play on my baritone in RS fairly frequently, because it's easier to do drop tunings on it.

There are several songs already released that make use of a baritone guitar in real life.  Pat Smear of the Foo Fighters plays a baritone.  So does Benjamin Burley from Breaking Benjamin.  Pat Metheny, Mike Mushok, Dave Matthews, Don Ross, Brian Setzer, and the list goes on and on.   Baritones are used in every genre from Jazz to Rock, to Metal.

Anyway, I think we're both saying the same thing without realizing it.  Your question/concern was whether or not another version of RS would be made.  I think there are more than enough ways to improve on RS2014 to warrant a new version.

• Like 1

Rocksmith 2014 only has one playlist. It would have been so easy for them to make it with multiple playlists. I could have a Gary Moore playlist, a heavy metal playlist and one for others.

Sorting the song order by one variable is also a bit of a fail. I want to sort it primarily by tuning and then by mastery. So when I bother to change the tuning I can make the most of it without wasting time.

Being able to remove some of the original content songs would be good too.

All these things are simple file management issues. They surely would have done it, unless they were saving it so that I have to buy Rocksmith 2016. At least I hope a new version with better file management comes out.

I'll wait for RS2018, when they will implement 2 necks guitars & Drums Support..

(Wich will requires to re-buy all the song to be compatible/have Drums Part of course !)

The Audience will seems to be in front of you & there will be real interraction with the song's speed & events.

They'll throw vegetables when you'll suck and *** when you'll rock.

RS2020 will have some Guns N' Roses Songs on it & advanced tutorials (Play with your tooth & how to burn your guitar on stage (but not all the audiance with it).

Return to Castle Chordead will be replaced by Doom 3 & will keep the same game mechanics (shoot with Chords) & Doom 3 Engine of course.

You'll earn real Money (via Bitcoins) instead Of Points.

RS2022 Will bring Support For keyboard piano, will be the worst of the Series & lead it to extinction..

I believe a wireless setup would be a smart move..

In my opinion a song builder tool could be an asset.

Potentially a karaoke enhancement, I am not fond of that, but many people are.

Online enhancement playing multi player in room would also have potential to be a window for success..

I really hope this continues because it has taken the dust off my Gibson Les Paul, and encouraged me to spend 10-15 hours (last week was 30) playing this and also learning theory, and practising exercises to improve accuracy.

Could drums be added to the future, but real drums, I have no knowledge of drums but think that could be pretty sweet

I spent about 100-125 on cdlc, have the game for ps3 and also pc. I did my part to keep this ball rolling.

The customs make it so addictive...

I believe that this has massive potential.

Rocksmith brought me here!!!!

Rocksmith 2016 Info  Seen this today.

Damnit, clicked on the link to find Sauce, but that setlist tho....sexy

I'm sure if legit, we will see at E3, Rocksmith isnt huge in the East(Japan, China, Korea) right?

EDIT: ah, just saw Holy Wars as one of the songs on the setlist, legitimacy hurt :(

• Like 1

Many nice scores on all songs :)

• Administrator

The wiki is called IDEA wiki. People post there idea's there. nothing about it is true.

• Like 2

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

The wiki is called IDEA wiki. People post there idea's there. nothing about it is true.

That wiki article is so phony that I was half expecting to see some Rick Astley in their setlist. :D

• Like 3

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs