Tone Requests

Teinashu

I could use some help with the Distortion guitar tone, and the tapping portion of the guitar lead in Sea of Lies, which on the original track sounds more like a synth keyboard than guitar.  It is functional presently, but when you drop down to the Dm chord it has no balls.  

http://customsforge.com/topic/6629-sea-of-lies/

Sometimes I use big words that I don't completely understand, just to make myself seem more photosynthesis.

• Administrator

@@Daikano : Can't play the tapping part (seems absolutely impossible on a guitar) so even if the tone is partially wrong, i can't find anything at the moment and for the distortion tone it seems already quite good for me maybe adding some bass and medium but i'm not sure it will do a big difference in the end.

@@MrCscn : you can find your clean tone here under the name "clansmanclean".

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@Daikano : Can't play the tapping part (seems absolutely impossible on a guitar) so even if the tone is partially wrong, i can't find anything at the moment and for the distortion tone it seems already quite good for me maybe adding some bass and medium but i'm not sure it will do a big difference in the end.

@@MrCscn : you can find your clean tone here under the name "clansmanclean".

thanks! :)

Instead of requesting more distortion tones, I'm gonna switch it up. I need a couple of general tones that will work on a much larger scale that just one song.

Firstly, we need a good old classic country/slider tone. Mostly all the old country songs use a tone like this, and I think if we had a basic one it could be used for a lot of those songs. Here is an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_hYdywoV_Q

Another tone would be a jazzy/bassy tone. I've got a few clean tones but they aren't bassy enough, and I am bad at fudging around with the tones. 

Example (Skip to 33 seconds in):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv7FNyckr7w

I plan on building a "tone library" this weekend. It will come with general tones like this and maybe have a sample player. 

If you happen to know any CDLC's with these two tones out there please let me know.

Thanks!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tone starts at 8:48 on bass.

Really just want to know how this "Weeping Bass" tone is achieved. Sort of a jazzy sound to it. Sounds like a lot of vibrato, and really mellow volume swell almost.... idk.

I don't really need a tone for the game per-say. Just some advice on how someone would achieve a similar bass tone. Closest I can get is going crazy with left hand vibrato.

Please message, quote or mention me if responding so I will receive a notification, ty.

TheBestAlex's CDLC Workshop

Discography Project

Vote on new content!
Suggestions are welcome.

What About some sepulura? I'm working with this song and I can't find the exact tone, I know sepultura used hot rodded JCM800, triaxis (mesa) preamp and 50+50 mesa PA to a 4x12 with V30, even andreas kisser used the "big muff" as a booster for solos, I can't find an exact tone for this song, I'm really annoyed becuase I can't listen to the track while I'm touching the tone, maybe some external mixer can help here, mix the sound from the PC with the original track, I don't know...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXWrmXPE_h8

• 2 weeks later...

Youtube Link - 

CDLC - http://www.mediafire.com/download/4f7695q0aqi7vdm/Nickelback_Do-This-Anymore_v_p.psarc

Need Tone For Lead

Need a Tone for the intro as well as at the 0:23 Second mark in the video. and a distortion tone for the rest

• 2 months later...

Looking for tones for this one as well, there's a couple of tones needed for this one.

Would be awesome if someonce could help me out, since I have no knowledge of creating tones or anything like that.

I'm working on this one too so I'll share what I know. :)

It seems (one) of the guitarist is amp-less and creates all his stuff using a Line6 HD500 POD.  What's even weirder is he has different tones set up to simulate different tunings.  In order to downtune you can use the multipitch pedal (sounds bad but hey whatever) and change the mix up to 100%.

He simulates a Mesa Boogie Dual Recitfier so the Cali-100 amp works well enough.