Custom song doesn't appear on list

RafaSeverino

Question

Hi.

I'm new in this forum, I really don't know If someone had this issue before.

I've done 3 cdlc until now, and they are working on RS2014, the new one is the issue.

I used the last beta toolkit and the 2.6 stable one for this one and tried several things.

First time I thought It was an issue with the custom package so I changed from cherub rock to another one with no  luck.

I have the 4 tracks, bass, lead rythm and vocals. With all the tracks didn't work, I tried only rythm and guitar, no luck. Also tried making the difficulties with toolkit, neither one appeared on the lost.

I have my new customs in a directory in dlc, but the other 3 appear on the list.

It's not an issue of the artwork, If this goes wrong the toolkit creates a blank one (solved that one).

Changed the file name if this was an issue, no luck either.

This song (Altered State by Sepultura) has a long instrumental intro so I didn't add the 3 seconds, tried adding them and same story, didn't appear on songlist.

The toolkit doesn't give any errors or warnings, EoF generates all the xml's and I divided the song in different phrases and such, but this didn't gave me problems with my 3 previous cdlc songs.

I really don't know where to start or which information I can give you to determine the solution.

Thanks.

5 answers to this question

Changed the file name if this was an issue, no luck either.

Did you also change the "DLC Name" in the Toolkit?

Two DLCs with the same "DLC Name" will never show up at the same time.

You should always write something like "Artist-name_Song-title"

Also someone said a problem might occur when the tones are named equally, but I don't have personal experience with that.

So name tones "Artist-name_Song-title_tone-style" just to be sure.

Good luck :-)

• Like 1

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Hi.

Thanks.

I did name the DLC with Artist_Songname, and some as Name Sort.

I also renamed the tones with Songname_, now the song is on the list, but I did not check if the other songs were there, I will check the arrangements, but if I gave them different tone names they should be different (I think).

I will keep in minf this and post my results as long as I'm done with tone changes.

This song has maybe 5 or 6 tones and I have my doubts wether the toolkit allows so many tones, I guess I will find out.

I have to say that this particular song I did not know how to play it accurately, so I will post it so people who know (and can play this fast) can tell me if there are mistakes or notes not registering, I did my best on lead and rythm and It's registering the notes.

I have to say that when a song is this fast and in solos, RS is a little permissive, due to logical reasons of hardware/software limitations, or it could be as simple as a palm muting registering twice when you hit only once, I really don't know, as I pointed out I do not know this song so well and got a 86% accuracy.

Anyway, just thinking out loud.

I will check that the other 3 songs keep appearing on the songlist and will keep giving different names to DLC for each song, as well as to the tones, but if so, I should give different names in EoF to the tones as well?

Thanks again.

On second thought, the actual tone name is fixed (you just have a dropdown with OVERDRIVE, CLEAN, etc.) and has to be equal in the toolkit and EOF. Rather stick to what a.peter said!

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

I renamed the tones with Artist-name_song-name_TONE in EoF and in toolkit, the tone change works and i think tge arrangement alphanumerical code is someway generated based on the actual name of the xml file and the tones used, if these are different then the alphanumeric code should be, otherwise I wouldn't have all the songs generated with toolkit appear on RS songlist. I still have to work with tones, thanks for the quick reply.