Voting/Flagging system

ryjil83

Question

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to implement a system that allows users to flag songs in the database that are unsuitable.  For example: the CDLC for My Friend of Misery freezes on bass 100% of the time for all bass users.  Comments have been made but no response from the creator has been posted since it's release.

Similarly, I have noticed that many CDLC's are very poorly tabbed out. For example: Most songs by the Red Hot Chili Peppers are missing rhythm beats.  Where the creator put a note lasting for 2beats, there should be some extra notes or striking of the string.  This is particularly bad on bass guitar. 

The problem it seems, to me, is that users are cranking out CDLC so fast that they flat out don't work (tone selector bug), or are incomplete with a lack of attention to detail; with no response from the developer.  This allows hastily-made CDLC to flood the database with trashy submissions to the site.

While I GREATLY appreciate the effort that these people are attempting,and I know how tough it is(I have tried and failed on several occasions) to make custom songs, other creators are not making correct versions of the song because they see it as a duplicate don't want to waste their time.

I feel that some way to alert a site moderator of these issues would help.  The song could be taken down, or a separate topic in the forums could be made that  notifies CDLC developers that a particular song doesn't work.  If it is remade and is in working order, the old can be replaced with the new, and everyone can rock-out to their heart's content.

Over all, this site is amazing and I wanted to say "thank you" to all who run the site, and all the CDLC creators who have spent their personal time working on making songs, regardless of quality.

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

• Administrator

Hi,We currently do have a thread: http://customsforge.com/topic/4863-list-of-crashers-jammers-dead-toners-and-misc-problems/

Additionally we're working on adding these features possibly in the new search.

• Like 1

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)