MAC problem

andybi

Question

Hi there, sorry if probably I open a new topic on an already discussed problem, but I didn't find a solution to my problem.

I have rocksmith 2014 and I tried to install CDLC on my mac. I succeed in obtaining the song in the song list, when I start the song, I am asked to tune my guitar, and everithing seems to start, but I remain with the image of a room with a carpet on the floor. I can ply the guitar and I hear the sound, but I'm not able to exit from that place. I need to terminate the game and restart. Obviously everithing works fine with my DLC.

I use the tool to insert the ID from a DLC I purchased (Iron Maiden - Fear of the dark), the I converted with the tool the PC version to the MAC version.

What did I wrong?

Please help me.

Andrea

14 answers to this question

You forget one small step - is CDLC launcher for mac, you can get one from here http://builds.rscustom.net/patch/RSInjector.zipJust launch it and you will be able to play that custom songs.

Thank you for your reply, effectively I tried yto use the rsinjector but nothing happens, If i have right understood when I launch rsinjector rocksmith should start, in my mac it doesn't.

Is there a specific directory where I should put rsinjector?

any suggestion?

Sorry for my english... :-P

Andrea

From FAQ:Just unzip the file and launch RSInjector.app as a normal application instead of launching Rocksmith (either directly or from steam). You can place the executable RSInjector.app wherever you want it will search for Rocksmith in the normal steam install path(ie ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014/).

Steam must be running.that should help you.

Are you running a legitimate version of Steam or is it pirated?  And is Rocksmith 2014 legit as well?

If so, is Steam installed in the default directory?

It should be installed to "~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014/".  If it's not, RSInjector won't be able to find it.

And do you have administrator rights on your user account on your Mac?

And lastly, have you enabled third-party apps to run?   If not, open "System Preferences", and go to "Security & Privacy", and under "Allow apps downloaded from", choose "Anywhere".

(as a side note, I think a separate tutorial for Mac users should be posted.  Contrary to what is posted in the current tutorial, it's not as simple as just downloading and running RSInjector)

Hi, thank you for the reply.

I'm using a genuini copy either of steam and Rocksmith 2014. I also bought some DLC.

The RSinjector is running since I can see in process list.

Bye

Do you have administrator rights on your user account?  RSInjector won't run properly unless you do.

Finally I find a solution to the problem:

I have 2 hard drives, and locksmith is installed not in the boot drive but in the second one.

Now it was sufficient to create a symbolic link in the ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/

pointing to /Volumes/otherdrive/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common

and now everything works fine.

Thank you to everyone has tried to help me.

Andrea

• Like 1

Finally I find a solution to the problem:

I have 2 hard drives, and locksmith is installed not in the boot drive but in the second one.

Now it was sufficient to create a symbolic link in the ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/

pointing to /Volumes/otherdrive/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common

and now everything works fine.

Thank you to everyone has tried to help me.

Andrea

Glad you got it working.  That's why I asked earlier if you installed everything into the default directory.

Glad you got it working.  That's why I asked earlier if you installed everything into the default directory.

Sorry wepeel, I did misunderstood, I was thinking that rsinjector were able to find the right path.

Thank you

Andrea

Sorry wepeel, I did misunderstood, I was thinking that rsinjector were able to find the right path.

Thank you

Andrea

No need to be sorry, I'm glad you got it working.  It's a very easy thing to miss, as there isn't much detailed information posted for Mac users.