Importing into EOF "Invalid file format" from GPA

jgrantca

Question

I hope someone can help,

I'm trying to create a custom of George Thorogood's One Bourbon, within EOF (1.8RC10 r1341) I am receiving the error "File format version not supported" and then "Failed".  I am using Go Play Along (2.93).  I have used this same process before and since for other CDLC without issue.

The steps are within GPA sync the song, export to folder, open EOF and point to MP3, File Guitar Pro import and point to the xml, that is when i receive this message.

Here is a link http://1drv.ms/1moAwIx to the EOF.log file and to the source files used as well as screen shots of the error.  I have exported this song multiple times.  I also looked at the EOF.log and did not see anything that pointed to the problem.

Thanks in advance

4 answers to this question

Thanks for the advice.  I had to go to work this morning and didn't mention that I was attempting to import using the XML in the folder the other files are the ones generated by GPA.  There is no option within GPA to export to GP3, 4 or 5.

You convert to GP5 Prior to using GPA. The conversion can be done with GuitarPro (Paid). I believe it can also be done with TUX guitar (free) but I've never used it.

I've haven't tried it but you may be able to convert to GP5 and edit the exported GPA xml to use the GP5 file.

I see what you guys are saying now it is the source I used within GPA that is at fault not the GPA or EOF itself.  There is a plugin for TuxGuitar that I am attempting to use to open and then convert the source file. To bad though I finally did get it into sync and it took a long time.  Lesson learned I hope it works this time.  Thank you for the help.