Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 37

Joey

I love Remedy but the solo is killing me too... I just can't play It!

Me be in the future everyone could compete on a single song but with some parts disabled.

For a song like Remedy It could have been: intermediate -> the whole song, begginer -> the song without solo...

Posting a bad score doesn't bother me but sometime I just can't cause I'm kicked out of "score attack" after 20 seconds!!! lol

It is frustrating to spend several hours to learn a song and to not be able to post a score...

I don't see why you need to disable some parts of the song?

You could ALL compete on your choice of three Intermediate/hard songs - it would just be that each person would be assigned a level (beginner, Intermediate or Masterclass).

The leaderboard would be only against people at your own 'level' (per song)..

Sounds easier to manage  :)

As I said my concern is that on "score attack" after 3 parts down you're kicked out like "GAME OVER" so most of the time I can't post any score...

I must admit that my idea is not realystic and managing competition is already enough complicated for Krazyone and Motive (thanks to them).

I need to improve myself, that's just what I need! :D 

Personally I just ignore the words "Beginner", "Intermediate" and "Masterclass". If I like a song then I will play the shit out of it until I nail it (or at least as best I can within the week ;) ).

Same here :D i was busy creating some CDLC but now i will play a lot Wasting Love :D 

I really love that song 

• Like 1

9A7alLl.jpg

Me be in the future everyone could compete on a single song but with some parts disabled.

For a song like Remedy It could have been: intermediate -> the whole song, begginer -> the song without solo...

Posting a bad score doesn't bother me but sometime I just can't cause I'm kicked out of "score attack" after 20 seconds!!! lol

It is frustrating to spend several hours to learn a song and to not be able to post a score...

You could ALL compete on your choice of three Intermediate/hard songs - it would just be that each person would be assigned a level (beginner, Intermediate or Masterclass).

As I said my concern is that on "score attack" after 3 parts down you're kicked out like "GAME OVER" so most of the time I can't post any score...

I must admit that my idea is not realystic and managing competition is already enough complicated for Krazyone and Motive (thanks to them).

I think you'd get more people entering it - if there were three songs to choose from - rather than being tied to one song (for the level you are at).

It's a competition (of sorts) so you need something to aim for. Otherwise, what's the point of entering - you could just go off and practice it yourself..

• Like 1

I dunno, there's still a point, pitting myself against other players certainly compels me to play my best. Plus there are a lot of new techniques to pick up from songs you may normally have never minded playing. That said, it's personal preference, there is no wrong or right way to compete in this, really just the 3 p's apply, and the 4th being for your pleasure.

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

I dunno, there's still a point, pitting myself against other players certainly compels me to play my best. Plus there are a lot of new techniques to pick up from songs you may normally have never minded playing. That said, it's personal preference, there is no wrong or right way to compete in this, really just the 3 p's apply, and the 4th being for your pleasure.

Yeah, me too! Sometimes i try to do my best for a song, well...sometimes is not enough but i don't care. I have fun, i meet new people and also try to help anyone who have issues with something

And some techniques are really hard, Sweep Picking is one (John Petrucci uses it usually on Dream Theater's solos and they are REALLY hard) but it's about time! 

• Like 1

9A7alLl.jpg

We will be adding a new rule in regards to the song selection list. The beginner song was selected by liquidlizard who if you do some checking doesn't normally compete in the competition although he creates customs and adds them to the song selection list. From this point on anyone who adds a song to the selection list and does not normally participate will have the selections ignored. This competition is here for everyone but if you don't participate on a frequent basis (IE at least 3 out of 4 weeks in a month) then we must allow the people who do participate to have a higher chance of their song choices being selected. As I have always stated the difficulty of a song will always be different for every person. Taking this weeks song into account the beginner song was too difficult for most beginner players because the solo although small was very difficult. I allowed that song to be selected because I was trusting that people would chose appropriate songs for the class. I will from now on check at least the beginner song and make sure it is good for beginners. I originally only checked the song to make sure it met the requirements for selection (custom tone, Riff Repeater, lead and bass arrangement). With this new rule hopefully we will not run into this issue again. 

• Like 2

@@Joey - You could just ask a true beginner if it is an appropriate song for the class? I mean I could just go down my mastery list and say what an appropriate song is. If all beginners submitted a list say from 100% to 85% mastery it would give you a good guideline anyway. Then simply weed out any official DLC and other no no's.

Just me thinking out loud.

First time actually participating, and looks like I came in on a pretty tough one!

I'd never actually heard this song (Remedy) and this song (especially the solo) was an big time challenge. Also having  a strum pattern that was tougher than many others made it a little tougher too. The (Open G) rhythm was actually harder in this than the lead, probably because of the more familiar patterns. 

I practiced some parts and played it through for a few hours this week, actually going from an abysmal ~25% first attempt up to an "Yay the game thinks I'm subpar!" at 62% though for sure feel like a still good room for improvement. I'm a real beginner, not even quite getting past the "60 day challenge" quite yet, so I'm happy with this. I think might have learned more from this song than any other single song. Really like this song now though and looking forward to future ones!

• Like 1

@@punchyrumble Welcome on aboard. And im sorry, but Your screen score not correct. Rules:

You can play "Score Attack" On Hard or "Learn a Song" with all sections mastered (all purple): You may also play a song which does not have DD on Score Attack easy if you cannot get through it on hard as all the notes will still show up on easy but it won't X you out as easily.

I think you'd get more people entering it - if there were three songs to choose from - rather than being tied to one song (for the level you are at).

It's a competition (of sorts) so you need something to aim for. Otherwise, what's the point of entering - you could just go off and practice it yourself..

It may be too strict to look at the 3 classes as restrictions, but it may be too loose to just give 3 songs without indicating a recommended difficulty. It you remove the classes, you'll likely see 'masterclasses' playing 'beginner' songs, leading to beginners being demotivated for not reaching as high a scores as others, even though it's the simplest song of the 3. I think it's fine the way it is, because even though there are classes, there are still people who are somewhere in between 2 classes who play both to fit their level best.

@@Joey - You could just ask a true beginner if it is an appropriate song for the class? I mean I could just go down my mastery list and say what an appropriate song is. If all beginners submitted a list say from 100% to 85% mastery it would give you a good guideline anyway. Then simply weed out any official DLC and other no no's.

Just me thinking out loud.

That sounds like a good idea. Although it may be hard to get a complete list of every beginner's 85%+ songs, it is possible to get a second opinion of the people in each class to judge whether the song is appropriate for their skill level. All that needs to be done is picking people who are well representative for each class and keeping an eye on whether they're still good judges every week. After all, a beginner will not stay a beginner forever.