Help needed with 12-8 time signature imports

spawn666

Question

9 answers to this question

It's always worked fine for me. My guess would be that the beatmap isn't synced correctly. You can do this either before or after you import the GP file.Obviously, make sure that the GP file you're importing actually uses a 12/8 time signature and that you select yes when EoF asks if you want to use the time signatures from the GP file.

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

I thought I was probably being really stupid and went back and double checked guitar pro for the correct time signature - it is correct. And made sure I selected inport time signature because I was previously doing this manually..... Same problem.

By saying it is imported not correctly I mean that when the notes import they appear to be spaced out, like the whole thing has been elongated. I'm using the same BPM as in Guitar Pro and yet the imported notes in EOF are at a completely different, much slower tempo. I have a feeling I'm missing something really simple and obvious (as usual!)..... especially as you're saying lots of 12/8 songs have been done....

Does anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

• Administrator

simply don't use the same BPM, i'm pretty sure that's due to a difference on how the BPM is set between EOF and GP, i think GP might have a BPM set for the 8th note while EOF is set for a quarter note which lead to some serious problem when you try to combine the same BPM based on a quite different unit.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

EOF doens't change any beat timings during GP import, it just loads the contents of the track you specify. You'll still have to tempo map the song, although you can use tools like Sonic Visualiser and Go PlayAlong (not free, but not too expensive) to help automate the timings.

• Like 1

When I imported time signatures other than 4/4, I noticed that for some cases I had to set the BPM in EOF exactly half (or double, don't remember) the value specified in the GP-file.

Just give that a try!

• Like 1

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.