corrupted files

metalmark

Question

I am playing rocksmit h2014 I get so far in the game and wihen I start up it will say I have corrupted files and I lose all my song backup files!  rocksmtih says it is because I am using custom files!  

they say get rid of those and it will work fine.. maybe I have too many customs?

Has anybody else had this problem??

thanks 

metalmark

8 answers to this question

There's a couple of threads about this, yes.

Seems like it affects mostly people with hundreds of customs in their dlc folder. There might be an upper limit to how many Rocksmith can recognize. There may also be an issue with certain customs being 'poison' -- there's a thread for that too.

I don't see the point of keeping all of your customs in the DLC folder. Just put the songs in you're really going to play. Keep the rest in a separate folder -- this will also protect them from being affected if Rocksmith gets an update that makes adjustments to the DLC folder too (which could happen).

• Administrator

it's not due to the number of cdlc but some particular cdlc. Some people have over 1000 customs and RS works fine (just take a shit load of time to enumarate the downloadable content but that's perfectly normal).

To see some known cdlc that provoke the corrupted save file take a look here : http://customsforge.com/topic/4863-list-of-crashers-jammers-dead-toners-and-misc-problems/

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I have 856 files in my dlc folder and haven't had any problems lately. I started one of the other corrupt save file threads and described my travails there. After crashing four times in short order, I now backup my save file on a regular basis, but haven't crashed lately. It sucks losing hundreds of hours of playing progress, though. You have my sympathy.

Hey mods, how about making a sticky warning people about this issue with instructions on backing up files? I certainly wish I'd heard about it before my first crash.

For the love of god, people, no bitching/whining/complaining. If you don't like something, either state it constructively...or keep it to yourself.

• Developer

This may help solve problem.  Check out the new CDLC Verifier application.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.