How To Make CDLC - FULL IN-DEPTH TUT - COMPLETED

Hey, everyone!

I have brought you some tutorials on how to make CDLC!

Intial EoF Setup:

Preferences:
http://i.imgur.com/lGk7Lcq.png

Settings:
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/6039/3uht.png
Part 1 - Using EoF

Part 2 - Using Wwise (Making song previews at 3:06 - 4:24)

Part 3 - Finalizing and releasing your customs

Programs needed:
Editor on Fire
Wwise
Rocksmith Toolkit

Additional Tutorials.
Tech Notes By Berneer & Raynebc

Tone Creation By Izzy

In Depth Lyric Tutorial By Berneer

Creating a Custom Video By Snake3169

Edited by Teinashu
Added new link.
  • Like 28

NOW OFFERING 1-ON-1 LESSONS ON HOW TO CREATE CDLC.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, everyone! I have brought you some tutorials on how to make CDLC! Intial EoF Setup: Preferences: http://i.imgur.com/lGk7Lcq.png Settings: http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/6039/3uht.png Part

You can sync notes instead of beats, but it's less desirable.  Especially if you're working on a chart with multiple arrangements, because you're having to sync each arrangement's notes instead of jus

@@SkepticSquid - Your EoF tutorial basically "assumes" that all songs have a consistent BPM throughout, which is just not the case. A lot of modern bands (like Blink 182) use available software to loc

• Administrator

Nice video, Though you forgot the initial EoF setup.Edit: It's been added now nice :)!

Edited by Teinashu

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

You can sync notes instead of beats, but it's less desirable.  Especially if you're working on a chart with multiple arrangements, because you're having to sync each arrangement's notes instead of just syncing the beats once for all arrangements.

• Like 3

How can you find it the more effective way if you don't know the other way?   :???:

The other way is to click and drag beat markers (-->) so that the beat lines are synced to the song (ie. drummer).  Since the drummer usually keeps the rhythm for the song, this generally makes it easier to author the guitar and bass parts.

• Like 2

The other way is to click and drag beat markers (-->) so that the beat lines are synced to the song (ie. drummer).  Since the drummer usually keeps the rhythm for the song, this generally makes it easier to author the guitar and bass parts.

Yes, that's how I do it.

My post was directed at SkepticSquid, but you ninjad me, so I didn't quote him.

Great tutorial. I'm just having one problem. I've done exactly what you said to do. When i put it in my rocksmith custom tool kit though and hit save. I have an error message popup saying Preview file cannot be found. If i choose to save now it will save as only a preview. Please help. :) I'm so close yet so far. I'm making these or trying to make these custom songs for my band. I'm the singer. This helps them with there solo practice when we aren't together practicing. 

Thank you so much in advance for your help. 

Lori. 

Great tutorial. I'm just having one problem. I've done exactly what you said to do. When i put it in my rocksmith custom tool kit though and hit save. I have an error message popup saying Preview file cannot be found. If i choose to save now it will save as only a preview. Please help. :) I'm so close yet so far. I'm making these or trying to make these custom songs for my band. I'm the singer. This helps them with there solo practice when we aren't together practicing. 

Thank you so much in advance for your help. 

Lori. 

it can't be found maybe because the preview and song dosn't have the same name(preview need to have same name of the song with _preview at the end) or maybe becuse they not in the same place.(or if you didn't make one at all :P)

and the error means your song will be used as preview(the entire song will be playd as preview),not that you will get only preview.

hope it helps:)

Check out My other CDLC [mostly j-rock] :)

ILoveGazettE's Planned/Requested/in Progress CDLCs

~You Tube Channel~

[i'll try to upload all the cdlc I make there]

GazettE DOGMA ALBUM

Thanks ever so much 

Shiosai

I was able to figure it out and have completed two songs today. I don't play the game. But, My guitar players in my rl rock band like to use it for practice. The only problem is i'm a woman and don't mind singing guy songs. But, they like to many guy songs. I wanted to create songs for me :) 

Again, thank you very much for your reply.

Musically yours 

Tiki. 

I made the first part of tutorial and it's ok but I have a problem. I can't find in EOF "making song preview". Someone can help me???

Make sure you're using the lastestt eof hotfix, and then go to eof menu -->song-->create preview audio

Time? I can't give you time... Anyone can... Time is just an illusion...

My CDLC'S here --> Rush Forge

Do you have the link to download it? For now I solved with a program that cuts the wav files... :cool:

Tonight I'm gonna make the package with Rocksmith Toolkit and I will play my first custom!!! I'm quite excited about that...I hope it works so I can share it with all of you ;)

Also. Make sure you click on a part of the song first. Then go to song and close to the bottom you'll see create song preview. just click on that. a screen will pop up and click on I think it's 256. Click ok. That will create your preview. The preview wav will be in the folder you chose. I'm happy to help after i've received so much help. If you don't have the latest version is r1291.exe. once you download that change the eof.exe in the original for the eof.exe in the r1291.exe. :) 

I've searched high and low. This video is fine. What i did was get all the software i needed. Then i would click on this video and go step by step and actually do what he did at the same time. It's time consuming but i wanted to get it right. :)

Edited by Unleashed2k
Edited to take care of an abuse report. Nothing against you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.