Newbie Needs help

Rags6659

Question

Hello Everyone,

I'm so new here that I don't understand anything at all about creating customs songs to play on my store bought Rocksmith2014 for PC. I read over some of the tuts and watched some of the vids on the subject, but still don't understand it at all.

So I have a question. Since making actual custom songs are beyond my understanding, Is there a way I can just download custom songs that other people have already made, add them to my RS songs folder, and play them?

If that's a yes, can someone point me in the right direction to finding a tute on how to do just that? I see the CDLC Search tab at the top of my screen and have followed it as far as downloading songs with a p.psarc file extension but have no idea what these files are. Are these songs that people have already created? If so, do I just add them to my RS2014 songs folder to be able to play them or is there more to all this?

Any help would be appreciated..Thanks

3 answers to this question

hi just signed up today because i need this in my life!! i will follow the tutorial but can u answer a few questions?

1: i already own this for xbox but switching to pc for the customs, do i need to buy an original or will a copy of rs 2014 work?

2: say i dl cherub rock then customize it, can i then just keep getting custom tracks and add them or do i need to dlc for every new song?

3: is there a limit on how many custom tracks you can add?

4: ive seen +700 rocksmith 2014 customs plus other stuff on the torrents, are these any good? how do they work?

any help would be great! cant wait to get it setup, off to dl steam and watch some tutorials m/ (>.<) m/

hi just signed up today because i need this in my life!! i will follow the tutorial but can u answer a few questions?

1: i already own this for xbox but switching to pc for the customs, do i need to buy an original or will a copy of rs 2014 work?

2: say i dl cherub rock then customize it, can i then just keep getting custom tracks and add them or do i need to dlc for every new song?

3: is there a limit on how many custom tracks you can add?

4: ive seen +700 rocksmith 2014 customs plus other stuff on the torrents, are these any good? how do they work?

any help would be great! cant wait to get it setup, off to dl steam and watch some tutorials m/ (>.<) m/

You'll need to buy a new copy of the game for the PC -- fortunately, it's on sale now. At that price, it's a steal. A lot of the official DLC are on sale too. I recommend buying those if the songs interest you -- the quality of the official DLC is pretty fantastic.

Once you've added the .dll and purchased Cherub Rock, that's pretty much all you need for the customs.

From what I know, there's no official limit to how many customs you can have in your DLC folder. On the other hand, it seems a lot of people who keep large quantities of customs in that folder are also having crashes where they lose all their gameplay info. Some customs haven't been properly prepared, which can crash the game as well.

So I recommend keeping a SEPARATE folder for all your customs and only adding in those you're actively playing to the DLC folder. There are already more than 5,000 customs after all.

The problem with those torrent packs is that you'll also be downloading tons of songs that don't interest you. The advantage of using the database is you get to select only the songs you want -- and, importantly, you can drop a note of thanks to the people who have taken the time and trouble to chart the songs for you to play. Otherwise, those torrent packs are just packages containing the same customs from the database.

• Like 1