Issue importing: Linknext status on legato slide.

Teinashu

• Administrator

There is a problem when importing the gp file.The notes after a slide don't get imported. Link to files

http://i.imgur.com/knUrKQb.jpg

Hope something can be done to fix this :)

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

This is intentional because that slide in question is authored as a legato slide (note at end of slide is not played). You can manually add the note in EOF, or correct the GP file to change that to a shift slide to make it import the way you want.

• Administrator

There's multiple problem here from my point of view.

I authored the tab so here's how i though it was supposed to appear on EOF :

http://i.imgur.com/6OvXwcb.png

You'll have to admit that the end result after import it's quite different from what i hope it should be like in the first place. Maybe it's me that do something wrong while creating the tab but still there's some problem during import that seems more of a bug like the Linknext status inexistant on legato slides.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

yeah... i got confused with the discussion leading to this fix :

*Fixed a bug with GP import where the notes at the end of legato slides weren't removed as they should be.

Anyway even with the actual logic the 1 slide 5 is misleading too. the slide from 15 to 1 is a legato slide so 1 shouldn't be here but it's forced to exist because of the following slide from 1 to 5 but that doesn't appear as a legato slide anymore...

And i still have a problem with delayed slide (those from 5 to 7 and 7 to 10) that are imported as normal slide.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

That example is getting more complex, it's a fretted note leading to a tie note that slides. EOF doesn't have special logic to handle that, but I might be able to add some. It would have to force a tie note to import as a standalone note if it has techniques that are dislike the prior note.