2012 DLC's that are not available on 2014

cris_abar

Question

23 answers to this question

I know it says not to create a DLC that is an official DLC, but what if that DLC is for Rocksmith 2012 and is not available on 2014. Im talking about Santana Black Magic woman.

I would love to have this one also. On a mac we have no access to any of the 2012 songs which is crap .. that being said, due to legal restrictions we can not have links to any official DLC regardless of when it was created or what kind of access it has. 

\m/(><)\m/

'99 Fender Stratocaster / '12 Gibson SG (Nothing special but they are mine)

"If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."

I would love to have this one also. On a mac we have no access to any of the 2012 songs which is crap .. that being said, due to legal restrictions we can not have links to any official DLC regardless of when it was created or what kind of access it has. 

Why wouldn't you have access to RS1 DLC on Mac?  Apart from 5 on-dics songs (Cream, Clapton, Chapla, Lee, Star Spangled Banner) everything can be legally transferred if you own them on Steam (rs1compatibilitydlc_m.psarc and rs1compatibilitydisc_m.psarc).

I realize you can buy it if you own RS1, but I don't own RS1 and I don't wish to purchase it just because its not available for RS2014. I know it has something to do with contractual agreements with musicians and Rocksmith/Steam. I'm just trying to find a solution to something I want that isn't available and trying to maintain within the rules of this site as well as making it available to others who want it.

Not strictly true. You can purchase Rocksmith 12 via steam (even though you cannot open it on a Mac) you can then purchase the 2012 tracks for $15 I think...

Not sure if BMW is one of the tracks but you do get most of those that were on RS12.

Regards

Shakey

Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster; Epiphone Nighthawk Custom; Westone Concord 1: Italia Mondial Classic;

Epiphone J Mascis Jazzmaster; Chapman ML2 Classic Gold-top

Not sure about the Mac version but I bought the original version of Rocksmith on Steam before I bought 2014 and then bought the Sultana pack when Rocksmith 1 DLC was going cheap and all 3 songs appear in Rocksmith 2014.

This is my issue as well.  I did not purchase RS2012, and I have no wish to pay that much extra $ just to be able to pay even more to purchase the RS2012 DLC so that I can play it on RS2014.  (It's technically a Steam issue, because standalone non-Steam purchasers may buy certain RS2012 DLC's for use in RS2014 without having purchased RS2012 itself.)

Hopefully, Steam will fix their little issue someday.  But until then, we are kinda out of luck if the CDLC community is unable to legally create it as CDLC.

I just played Santana Black Magic woman on my Rocksmith 2014 last night with my buddy. I did lead and he did bass. Shows up for me  :huh: 

Always check and use -> The latest Toolkit builds

To disable dynamic difficulty and not get the 100% accuracy bug don't use the override to max option, but instead disable DD and set sight reading level to Max. With this configuration the 100% bug does not surface.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a tuto in SA (how to convert RS projects to RS2014), if you don't have the project files just unpack the song with the toolkit :)

**EDIT: in fact I'm mistaken that thread was in the submitted RS2012 customs, which no longer exists and not only that, but my account isn't working anymore xD, oh well...

But I think that the @Snakez list is working, so, maybe not all is wasted...

Time? I can't give you time... Anyone can... Time is just an illusion...

My CDLC'S here --> Rush Forge

• Administrator

Why is this thread still here? The OP is asking how to pirate official content.

Buy the game for $30 (you decided not to buy it for $20? Good job)

Download the DLC

Import the songs for $10.00 (That's 52 songs for $40)

Or wait for the game to go down to $7.50 again.

Or wait for Steam to lift the restriction.

Fairdinkum mate I wasn't asking how to pirate anything, read the post properly. I was asking a legitimate question. I have tried to buy the song 3 times already without success. I would rather buy a song from Steam any day rather than spend a weekend making one, my time would be better spent playing the guitar.Besides I only like one song from 2012RS, why should I have to buy everything else for one song.

Why wouldn't you have access to RS1 DLC on Mac?  Apart from 5 on-dics songs (Cream, Clapton, Chapla, Lee, Star Spangled Banner) everything can be legally transferred if you own them on Steam (rs1compatibilitydlc_m.psarc and rs1compatibilitydisc_m.psarc).

Steam will not allow you to download the songs without owning RS1 which it won't let me purchase because I am on a mac instead of a PC. I have talked to steam about this and they stated it's working as intended.

And the Star Spangled Banner is ava on RS1?? Damnit. That is actually one I haves gone looking for.

Not strictly true. You can purchase Rocksmith 12 via steam (even though you cannot open it on a Mac) you can then purchase the 2012 tracks for $15 I think...

Not sure if BMW is one of the tracks but you do get most of those that were on RS12.

Regards

Shakey

I just saw this response. This is an interesting proposal however I agree with a few more posts down where it's stated that I have no interest in paying that much just to get them. Perhaps I will catch it on sale.

\m/(><)\m/

"If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."

• Administrator

Steam will not allow you to download the songs without owning RS1 which it won't let me purchase because I am on a mac instead of a PC. I have talked to steam about this and they stated it's working as intended.

And the Star Spangled Banner is ava on RS1?? Damnit. That is actually one I haves gone looking for.

I have a Mac. That is not true. Purchase the game and it will be in your inventory.

I have a Mac. That is not true. Purchase the game and it will be in your inventory.

I will have to take a look at it again.

\m/(><)\m/