Import Tabs (Without Music) Into Rtk?

Trilandian

Question

I've been looking into making custom songs for Rocksmith, and from what I've seen, the primary way of doing that is via EoF, but as far as I understand, EoF is based on using audio tracks, and I just want to import tabs (like from Guitar Pro) directly into Rocksmith Toolkit, without music.

Does anyone know a way for me to do that?

Thanks in advance.

16 answers to this question

• Administrator

A more elegant solution? What do you have in mind? RS need a songs no matter what and the toolkit is not here to create song file. Creating a blank song file is your best option and it's the easiest way of doing it. you can also use whatever song file in EOF then just put the volume of the song so low in the tollkit that you won't here it but that's a poor solution...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Please dont release a song without including the ... song

Who said anything about releasing songs? I just wanted a way to insert short tab sets for practice purposes.

fair enough :P

You can't create a Rocksmith custom without an audio file, it just isn't an option so it's not likely somebody else will make a tool for such a niche use. If somebody did, it would probably just make a silent audio file anyway to get the effect of no audio (except the player's guitar). At the very least you will need to create a silent audio file which will work fine in both EOF and the toolkit.

• Administrator

In Rocksmith go to the options. Then enter the Mixer. Just lower the music value. And tada. you have tabs without music.

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

OK, guys, I get it, fair enough. Looks like what I need is a program kinda like Guitar Pro that would let you make tabs and practice on them via an interface like Rocksmith's, but given how niche that is, I doubt I'd ever see something like that.

Hell, when I first heard about Rocksmith, I was amazed someone actually made a guitar training program that lets you interface your guitar into your PC.

Rocksmith wasn't/isn't the first/only guitar teaching app for computers, there are several out there (I have 3 other apps myself).

BUT... Rocksmith was the first program to actually make it fun.

What Teinashu mentioned (lowering the song audio in the mixer) is what I do when I want to play a song and only hear myself.  It's actually a great way to make sure you are actually playing a song correctly (to how it sounds in the recording) instead of just hitting the notes.

Although Rocksmith is great, it has a high tolerance for what it considers a missed note and can only judge whether or not you hit notes, and isn't great at determining whether you've actually mastered a technique.

Looks like what I need is a program kinda like Guitar Pro that would let you make tabs and practice on them via an interface like Rocksmith's, 

Guitar Pro is a fantastic program. It has an RSE (Real Sound Engine) which means it doesn't play awfull midi sounds, but real tones, that can be changed, the same way as in Rocksmith. Though they don't sound equally good. Acoustic and drums tones are great. With the Export wave option, it is possible to save a music file, from the selected tab(s) and tones, Guitar with drums or bass. Convert it with Audacity to ogg format, load it in EOF, import the GP5 file, and save. No need to sync, every note is in place. In the Toolkit, build up the required fields, add a tone, add DD and generate. Transfer the .parc files in the Rocksmith dlc folder and start your teaching lesson. It take less then 10minutes. My release of Dueling Banjo was made that way.