Which Songs Are Easy To Play?

Caballero

Question

16 answers to this question

In RS 2014, you can actually sort by difficulty. I'm not sure how much that helps with Custom DLC but that should help you out more with songs that are on the game.

Blitzkrieg Bop by The Ramones is only power chords.

Use Somebody by Kings of Leon is easy and has a nice little solo in it.

Song 2 by Blur.

For me, finding easy songs is finding the ones with not so many chords. Power chords are easy, double stops are easy I just don't like regular chords. But really try sorting by difficulty.

You should also check out the Championship here on Customsforge ;-)

http://customsforge.com/topic/8012-rocksmith-2014-championship-week-35/

There are new beginner, intermediate and masterclass songs every week. Even if you don't feel like participating, checking out the beginner songs (also those of the past weeks) might be worth it!

And once you get some decent results you can upload them - I realized that such a championship is extremely motivating :-)

Regards,

Azrael

• Like 1

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

"Next Girl" by The Black Keys is very, very easy.  It's from RS1.  The entire song features only 6 notes, repeated in different patterns.  0 chords.  Great intro to hammer-on's as well.

"Go With The Flow" by Queens of the Stone Age is a great intro to power chords (it features 5 chords, repeated in fast succession).  Also great for building endurance in your strumming hand.  The first time you play it you may not make it to the end before your hand gets too tired.  But keep at it, and you'll strengthen your wrist pretty quickly.

Bob Dylan's "Knocking On Heaven's Door" is a great song for learning traditional chords.  I believe it's G, D, A, C, and that's it.  Might be one more chord in there, but it's 6:23am here so I can't really play it to check.  Good for working on strumming rhythm too.

As others have mentioned, you can sort by difficulty.  However, the difficulty rating that RS assigns to each track is dynamic, based on the skills you've demonstrated in the game.  So what I mean is, even when sorted by difficulty, the order of the list will change based on how well you play a song, and other songs that feature similar techniques.  

So if you play a song that is, say, 3rd on the list for difficulty and you struggle with any part of it, it will slide further down the list.

• Like 1

You can try the rhythm path of my Let Her Go cdlc, it is very simple chords (Em, C, G) and I made it without repeat boxes, so you have plenty time to get your fingers in the correct position.

Also, my Runaway Train cdlc is easy chords too, in the rhythm path.

Good luck!

Stockholm Syndrome, if you own the Muse songpack. Granted, I'm a big Muse fan, so I know the song by heart, but still, it's pretty damn easy. One of Wolstenholme's most straightforward basslines ever.

As for the guitar, I agree with noahfence. Blietzkrieg's the way to go, though I personally hate The Ramones...

My Amanda Custom,, the bass line is as simple as they come,, you'll 100% it first time through,, also the Rhythm part is only 3 chords,, but the strumming pattern will wear you out at first. The lead part isn't insane either,,.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.