Help With Dlc....

willfarky

Question

Please excuse me if this topic has been covered already but have been searching for a solution for over a week, unfortunately I know more about guitars than computers....

I bought my son RS2014 and more recently RS2012 so we could get more songs. I've no problems with the official DLC on RS2014 but we bought the disc import tool to play the RS2012 songs in RS2014. However only the songs that came with the 2012 package are now recognised with 2014. I have noticed that the two games use different file types and have tried to copy the songs to the 'DLC' folder on 2014 and nothing.... Unfortunately this has just about exhausted my computer skills.

Basically I just need to know, is it even possible to play the DLC from RS2012 in RS2014? If so any help would be greatly appreciated by both me and my son.

Thanks in advance...  

3 answers to this question

Do you mean that the RS2014 songs now no longer show up in the game?  Or do you mean that the RS1 DLC files don't show up?

When you buy RS1 and the disc import tool, all that you get is the on-disc tracks included with RS1.  You do not get any of the DLC released for RS1.  You would have to buy them separately.

HI, all the Rs2014 songs are good, it's just the additional  2012 DLC that we have already bought/downloaded don't show up in 2014 just the songs that were originally packaged with the game. I tried copying them all to 'DLC' folder in 2014 as read this somewhere but nothing...

Thanks for reply.

HI, all the Rs2014 songs are good, it's just the additional  2012 DLC that we have already bought/downloaded don't show up in 2014 just the songs that were originally packaged with the game. I tried copying them all to 'DLC' folder in 2014 as read this somewhere but nothing...

Thanks for reply.

Ahh, okay.  If it was DLC that you legitimately purchased, you're probably better to ask for support at the Ubisoft forums, or maybe the Steam forums.

On thing to try first is to restart your computer, and relaunch Steam.  This will force Steam to renumerate your game content and your DLC licenses.

**Edit**

Just thought I would add this... You don't need to move any of the RS1 .dat files into RS2014's dlc folder.  The files (on-disc and dlc) are actually already there in the files rs1compatibilitydisc and rs1compatibilitydlc files.  Buying the disc import tool just gives you the licenses to run the content in those 2 files.  Of course you will only get access to the dlc that you have purchased, not all of it.