Rocksmith song import key

Kiscsak98

yeah I've got both RS1 and RS2014 on steam and I can play the songs from the 1st game in RS2014 I can also buy the RS1 DLC and play all of that too.

Apparently there is a known bug preventing people that do not own RS1 on steam from buying the RS1 DLC even though they should be able to do that without owning the original RS game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

And it makes sense, buying DLC for a game that you do not own in the first place is kinda weird and RS is an exception because DLC work on two games. So it's not a bug, just the way steam work and all things considered not an idiot way of working.

But yeah just buy RS1 and you will have access to most of the on disc songs (some didn't have their right renewed for RS2014).

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• 2 weeks later...

Rock band also had an import fee. They stated it was required for the cost of licensing of the songs to be used in the sequel game. There was even a few songs that were excluded I guess to being turned down to allow the import.

I would guess the import fee for rocksmith is the same. It's a pain but guess it is what it is.

Just to be clear, I know that Kiscsak98 stated he had a download key already and just needed the RS1 game, but reading through this thread it becomes kind of vague.

If you want to play the RS1 songs in RS14 you need to own both the RS1 game AND the import key.  If you just own RS1 it will not automatically import.

Any DLC that you had purchased for RS1 will (should) auto appear in RS14.  I suppose that you could still buy DLC for RS1 (should you own it) and it will auto download into RS14 too.

I would imagine the import fee is because Ubi actually updated the RS1 songs for RS14 (new techniques and some songs actually have different arrangements now tone changes are possible) which would have been an expensive exercise...

It's well worth getting the RS1 songs into RS14, they are some of the best songs in RS14 - and I have used a lot of the tones from RS1 songs in my customs :)

• Administrator

The fee is for licensing (it explain that some song aren't imported from RS1 to RS2014 cause some artist didn't want to or ask for too much money) and maybe for the work done to adapt the songs.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity