CDLC's not showing up in Rocksmith 2014

johnr2000

Question

Hi all,

I just purchased Rocksmith 2014 for Windows and installed it this weekend and copied a bunch of custom DLC's into the dlc folder and they aren't listed in the 'Learn a Song' list.

I liked Rocksmith 2014 so I decided to buy it and now I can't get dlc's that I put in the dlc folder to show up in Learn a Song.  I copied the d3dx9_42.dll file into the Rocksmith folder and am familiar with this.

I should at least see the custom dlc's in Learn a Song, right?  Am I missing something?

Thanks,

John

16 answers to this question

In fact CDLCs only work, if they have the ID of any song you purchased from Steam. Cherub Rock was given to all pre-orders of RS 2014. That's the reason why most DLCS are made with this song ID.

If you have bought another song from steam you may load a CDLC into RockSmith Toolkit, change the Song ID to the ID of the song you bought and save it again. Now the song will work too.

I am having the same trouble with some cdlc that I put in my cdl file not showing up in my learn a song library. "Play that funky music", "sublime" and "I want a new drug". All of which are from the same submitter (bassnthang). they are all for pc and using cherub rock and I have both. Help please! Thanks!

I am having the same trouble with some cdlc that I put in my cdl file not showing up in my learn a song library. "Play that funky music", "sublime" and "I want a new drug". All of which are from the same submitter (bassnthang). they are all for pc and using cherub rock and I have both. Help please! Thanks!

Have you tried re-applying the Cherub Rock AppID?  I know you said it already has it, but sometimes re-applying the ID makes them show up.

Also, try adding them to your dlc folder 1 at a time to see if it's one particular cDLC.

• Like 1

i have the song and the cdlc is showing up in the list but after tuning the bass to what the song is the song wont play any help 

If you're using PC, make sure you have the most current .dll file installed in the correct directory.  If you're using Mac, make sure you have RSInjector and that Steam is installed in the default directory.

I posted this in the other thread (these should be merged if possible), but I will post it here as well:

For those having issues with songs not showing up, how many total files do you have in your folder?  Of those files, how many are official dlc, and how many are customs?

Also, are you waiting for the game the enumerate the content?  Every time you start the game, RS has to build the list of songs and it does that AFTER you've pressed "enter" to go to the main menu.  You will see a grey box in the top right corner that says "Enumerating Content".  It can take anywhere from 1-45 seconds, and possibly longer, depending on the number of songs in the folder.  

You can view the list of songs at any time even when it still says it's building the list, but only those that have been scanned will show up.  If you're looking at the "Learn A Song" list while still enumerating, you will hear a "bloop" sound as new songs are found and the list will grow longer.

If enumeration has finished and the songs still don't show up, try removing some old songs that you aren't playing any more.  See if that helps, as there may be an unknown limit to how many songs RS can load at any one time.  You can always add those songs back later when you decide to want to play them.

To avoid crashes, conflicts, and corrupted saves it's a good idea to limit the number of cDLC you have in your dlc folder anyway.

Also try using the Toolkit to reapply the AppID (Cherub Rock or whatever you own) as that helps sometimes as well.

This may sound totally stupid and if it is ...well it is.

2014 includes Cherub Rock... its not clear if I have to rebuy it or since I have it as part of the 2014 RockSmith purchase I'm ok for CDLC.

I keep reading put the DX3DX9_42.dll in the root directory. I purchsed the Rocksmith 2014 CD. The only directory I've been able to find is steam. I don't have a RockSmith directory or for that matter a dlc directory, that I can find anyway. So where do I put the CDLCs and the DX3DX9_42.dll? I keep seeing use cmd/shift/G for a hidden directory? What is this.

The very good video on installing CDLD lacked one thing. It mention later on it would clrify where the DX3DX9_42.dll went but it didn't.

Obviously I cannot get this to work as is.

Kindly help.

• Administrator

Cherub Rock was given away with all pre-purchase of the game, if you didn't pre-purchase the game it's highly probable that you don't own it.

To find the game directory, open steam, right click on RS2014 in your library, go to properties, in the local files tab, click on browse your local files and it will open the file explorer to the correct folder where you need the put the .dll and you should also have a DLC directory in that folder.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Firekorn - Thank you very much for your reply.

I was able via your help to find the correct directries. Apparent they are different based upon the method of RockSmith purchase. I did purchase Cherub Rock but apparently it didn't install into my DLC until this morning, because I could not see the CDLS until then.So I have that part now working. Strangely every once in a while when I launch RockSmith and the Debug Window pops up (from the .dll) I get a requestor that says the program is corrupt. Sometimes the next launch it will work and sometimes I have to remove the .dll and then launch RockSmith, close it, restore the .dll and it works again. Not sure whats happening there, maybe Kaspersky. Also if I plug in a USB drive in any USB Port the realtone cable is no longer recognized. So there is some conflict there, but I can work around that. Again thanks for your help :)

• Administrator

Your antivirus could be causing the first problem by blocking the acces to the dll, creating an exception in your antivirus could do the trick to stop that if he is the one really causing this problem.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

So I have Cherub Rock installed onto my files and I'm using a PC.  I had to restore my computer due to some corrupted data on my computer.  
When I went back in to look and see what was happening when I tried to add CDLC's into my dlc folder and I start the game, they are not popping up when I click on Learn a Song.  I'm also not getting the grey box in the corner anymore that says it's enumerating the files.  Any help would be appreciated! 

• Like 2